NBC Sports Edge Forums

Andrew Wiggins 2020-2021 Outlook

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I honestly hope this is the year. Praying hard he will post that top 60... Fool me once shame on you  Fool me twice shame on me  Fool me 3 or 4 times... Come on please reward me for my

There's that Wiggins we all know

Depends on the type of league. H2H 9 Cat= Walk the other direction Roto= Briskly walk the other direction Points = Maybe look back while walking the other direction   He is a

Posted Images

32 minutes ago, BykeINIT said:

it’s funny how these forums have historically hated on wiggins

anyone who knows what’s up knew this was coming 

The whole NBA community seems to hate him. 

"He's trash " 

"He can't play " 

Yet has a career average of 20 a game (of course PPG isn't everything but you don't average 20 in the NBA by being bad at basketball ) 

What we're seeing now is someone who is locked in , and finally .....gotten the f--- out of Minnesota 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
9 hours ago, rob0403 said:

Also helps with the hate is the fact that he plays beside Kelly Oubre too. That guy is playing like garbage.

If he can get his STL up to 1.0 oh man what a stud.

I'd say its waaayyyy more to do with playing with Steph but hey each to their own 

7 hours ago, Quazza said:

I'd say its waaayyyy more to do with playing with Steph but hey each to their own 

I meant that Wiggins is less hated on this year because his team mate Oubre is taking all the lowlights and criticism this year. Not talking about his actual game performance.

While it is early, Wiggins' home/road splits are interesting. Shooting 47.5% and blocking 2.1 shots at home while shooting 41.1% and blocking one 1 shot per game on the road.

Edited by HRHoops2
2 minutes ago, csklmf said:

Cancer of 9cat andrew Wiggins actually has 3 stl 3 blks .... nice of course, playing against me. f---! 

Naw it's pretty obvious the real cancer was Minnesota and the cure is Golden State. 

so not only does my man Maple Jordan lead the league in blocks for guards and wings, there's also this ....

spacer.png

dare I say, All NBA D Team ?

• Like 2

I honestly would never have thought he could do this. Honestly speaks to how some talent needs the right coaching to break out. The steals are coming back nowadays too. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/28/2021 at 10:39 PM, sld12 said:

Ever since he rebounded from his rocky start to the season, he's been insanely consistent and reliable.  Such an overlooked gem this season.

Smh, I jinxed him lol

Ever since this post he’s been extremely inconsistent and shooting it poorly

• 2 weeks later...

If it wasn't for the stocks and 3's I would have dropped him a few weeks ago tbh.  He's insanely inconsistent, inefficient, and turnover prone.

It really sucks because I was rooting for him fantasy aside, and I was excited by how he was doing in January, but man I just don't think he'll ever figure it out.  He just doesn't have the drive, and certainly not the basketball IQ/feel for the game.

24 minutes ago, sld12 said:

If it wasn't for the stocks and 3's I would have dropped him a few weeks ago tbh.  He's insanely inconsistent, inefficient, and turnover prone.

It really sucks because I was rooting for him fantasy aside, and I was excited by how he was doing in January, but man I just don't think he'll ever figure it out.  He just doesn't have the drive, and certainly not the basketball IQ/feel for the game.

what you mean? his february numbers are pretty much in line with his january numbers 

he is what he is..

guna give you 17 points 5 rebounds 2 assists a couple threes with a block and a steal .. nice for an end of your roster guy. 

hmmm... 47% fg

1.9 t/o even with his t/o binge last few games

2 stocks, 2 threes, 17 pts 5 reb 2 dimes. = potential drop

#28 fantasy player line of 47% fg, 1.2 t/o, 20 pts, 8 reb, 2 dimes, 2 stocks 2 threes

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/20/2021 at 11:18 AM, BykeINIT said:

what you mean? his february numbers are pretty much in line with his january numbers 

he is what he is..

guna give you 17 points 5 rebounds 2 assists a couple threes with a block and a steal .. nice for an end of your roster guy. 

I kept forgetting to reply to this, and I didn't mean to wait until he had his worst game of the season to do so, but here we are.

So what I had been meaning to say in a reply is that I should've made it clear that I play in an 8 team league, so that has a lot to do with the way I see things (if you're in a 10 teams league, obviously he's going to be a much more obvious hold).  But if you look at the 2 games he had before today on the 26th and 24th he was shooting 41% and 38% from the field respectively (and 33% from the line on the 26th to go along with it).  Not saying that's horrible when you factor in that he got a small handful of other stats, but on an 8 team league it's just barely cutting it for me to hold since he's adding in stocks and 3's.

Then there's also just the fact that I was kind of getting at in my earlier post -- he'll have one or two eye popping plays a game, and then he'll also have like 1 or 2 games a month where he's in total domination mode, but by and large he just doesn't have the drive/mentality to take advantage of his natural athleticism that so many other dudes would kill for, and that's where some of the frustration comes from as well.  Especially since he can't place the blame on the situation/organization now that he's with the Warriors playing alongside prime Steph.