NBC Sports Edge Forums

Thomas Bryant 2020-2021 Outlook

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Full disclosure:   Half the people in this thread are Bryant owners, praying its not a torn ACL. The other half are vultures (like me) gathering intel for a big-time waiver wire add.

He needs to box out Westbrook. 

Posted Images

1 minute ago, thefranchise3 said:

So far I've been wrong on him. For some reason I didn't factor in Westbrooks rebounding. Dumb on my part. Hopefully Westbrook sits out quite a few games.

they are losing games with Westbrook and Beal ball hogging everything. they have to get Bryant and Bertans more involved if they have any desire to win games..

6 hours ago, MNDOGG said:

Has he ever won anything  ??  He doesn't play winning basketball..   

An MVP Trophy but yea, at the cost of his being trash. He literally can't make people around him better.

Adams was able to rebound alongside Westbrook so hopefully Bryant is able to as well when the sample size increases. Westbrook will hurt him on the glass but he should be able to get to 8 RPG with Westbrook in theory helping his efficiency via generating more lobs, etc. 

23 minutes ago, dont_panic said:

He needs to box out Westbrook. 

Or he can man up. Today's nba has the softest collection of big men ever. Guards should not be averaging more boards period. If Westbrook is getting 10 plus, Bryant should easily get the same but he plays with no heart

32 minutes ago, DonutGiveUp said:

For deeper perspective, Bryant averaged under 7 boards a game in both his college seasons so this isn't a surprise 

You take what you can get from centers- they are a dying breed.  He still should be able to avg 16-18ppg/7reb/1-1.5bpg... and that comes with a career 59%fg/74%ft.  If he was at 9-10 rebounds per game he'd be going in the 3rd round easily, which he didn't.  Still like his upside a lot at a position that is very shallow. 

• Like 4
2 minutes ago, Abhi said:

Man that rolled ankle was such a scare. He's playing through it, but it looks like he's hurting. Hopefully no missed time.

He has another cucpcake vs Minny tomorrow night. I sure hope it doesn't linger tonight. Bryant needs to stuff the sheet in these soft matchups so he can withstand the ones vs Embiid & Turner.

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, bbythepier said:

He has another cucpcake vs Minny tomorrow night. I sure hope it doesn't linger tonight. Bryant needs to stuff the sheet in these soft matchups so he can withstand the ones vs Embiid & Turner.

Especially since Westbrook is gonna rest.