NBC Sports Edge Forums

Thomas Bryant 2020-2021 Outlook

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Full disclosure:   Half the people in this thread are Bryant owners, praying its not a torn ACL. The other half are vultures (like me) gathering intel for a big-time waiver wire add.

He needs to box out Westbrook. 

Posted Images

Looks initially like he Turned his ankle, which also twisted his knee pretty good.

May have injured both ? Or the ankle was saved to spite the knee...who knows for sure...likely going to look at both areas...

Edited by injury
  • Like 2

Deja vu. Strong start to season then gets injured. This time Wagner has competition in Lopez or Brooks goes ultra small with the 3 pg lineup sekrit plays he loves with any combination of the Rui/Deni/Bertans trio.

Edited by OxyBubbleMan
10 minutes ago, Pirate said:

Looked like hyper extension. Hoping for good news.

just watched the video thank you

i think based upon the mechanism of injury and how it went, it seems like a LCL sprain; however, with knees you never know, could an ACL in there too
if anything he probably has an ankle sprain too at the least

• Thanks 1
2 hours ago, My Dinner With Andre said:

Still not sure if ankle or knee.

NOTSUREIF.jpg

True. Strange one. Obv ankle twisted but grabbed the knee. Could be bloody both. Mother flower.

3 hours ago, Pirate said:

Lopez prob the closest we gonna get to

Bryant with regards to fg%,boards  n blocks.

Starting to lean towards Wagner now with just a bit higher ceiling. They’ll prob split the minutes so it’s a tough one to access.

1 hour ago, KingDURANTULA said:

I'm predicting 2-3 weeks. Wagner and Lopez are both trash, rather take a flier on Deni. 

Rostered in deep leagues but if available yeah he should be picked up 

52 minutes ago, Pirate said:

Starting to lean towards Wagner now with just a bit higher ceiling. They’ll prob split the minutes so it’s a tough one to access.

I went with Wagner for the 3’s but this dude fouled out tonight. I hope he can control himself 

4 hours ago, Austin_Rivers said:

Trying to offer him up in deals where i overpay a tad. Hoping someone bites. 

That’s absolutely shady on your part, mate.

• Like 2
1 minute ago, Taipan said:

That’s absolutely shady on your part, mate.

Offering him in a trade? It's called risk reward on their part. This could turn out to be nothing and they can get him 50-75cents on the dollar. I'd be fine with keeping him if I didn't have a bunch of covid players right now in my IR. 

• Like 2

If I’m Commish in your league and your trade goes through only to find out later that Bryant is out for the season, it’s getting reversed.  What’s not shady is waiting until the MRI results come out before offering a trade.

33 minutes ago, Taipan said:

If I’m Commish in your league and your trade goes through only to find out later that Bryant is out for the season, it’s getting reversed.  What’s not shady is waiting until the MRI results come out before offering a trade.

Its called risk reward and everyone in the league should understand the situation. You should not be protecting other owners.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
16 minutes ago, bballmaster said:

Its called risk reward and everyone in the league should understand the situation. You should not be protecting other owners.

I gotta go with you on this one. It would be one thing if the trade was offered while there wasn't knowledge yet to update that the player was hurt.

But if there's a possible trade for a player who is known to be hurt, but it's unknown how long they are going to be out, that's totally above board to see if the other person is willing to assume the risk that the player might be out for a while.

I've actually accepted trades for injured players where the prognosis was pending because I was betting that the player would be back sooner (and the owner who offered the trade was assuming the worst so they wanted out). I ended up winning that trade. But I like that I had the option to determine if I wanted to take the chance.

Knowing the prognosis actually renders offering a trade meaningless - if the player is confirmed to be out for a long time, you can't pawn him off.

And consequently, if it's confirmed that the player will not be out very long (like KAT), then there's obviously no incentive to trade him.

Edited by Semitar
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
1 minute ago, Semitar said:

I gotta go with him on this one. It would be one thing if the trade was offered while there wasn't knowledge yet to update that the player was hurt.

But if there's a possible trade for a player who is known to be hurt, but it's unknown how long they are going to be out, that's totally above board to see if the other person is willing to assume the risk that the player might be out for a while.

I've actually accepted trades for injured players where the prognosis was pending because I was betting that the player would be back sooner (and the owner who offered the trade was assuming the worst so they wanted out). I ended up winning that trade. But I like that I had the option to determine if I wanted to take the chance.

Yeah, if commish did that, thats collusion lol

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
1 hour ago, Taipan said:

You are a trash commish if you actually do that. It's a risk vs reward offer and should not be protected. The person accepting it knows what they are getting themselves into.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2