NBC Sports Edge Forums

Thomas Bryant 2020-2021 Outlook

2 hours ago, Taipan said:

If I’m Commish in your league and your trade goes through only to find out later that Bryant is out for the season, it’s getting reversed.  What’s not shady is waiting until the MRI results come out before offering a trade.

Snowflake league.

• Haha 2
  • Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Full disclosure:   Half the people in this thread are Bryant owners, praying its not a torn ACL. The other half are vultures (like me) gathering intel for a big-time waiver wire add.

He needs to box out Westbrook. 

Posted Images

I ran and picked up RoLo but there was a point last season where Mo Wagner was a hot pick-up.

Also waiting for some oracle in here, or just closely monitor the minutes next game.

I wouldnt trust either one of them. Both of them need at least 25 minutes to have a decent stats and 30 to be good enough so no real winners here. Last time Robin Lopez was any good is when he was at the Bulls playing 30 minutes a game with no real center backup. Hachimura should benefit the most since he ll be more in a post but his TO to stocks and assist ratio is just bad. He bulk up but beneath that muscle is just a soft guy.

Rui is owned in a good 60% of leagues. 

RoLo ? no thanks I'll pass . Wagner maybe 

I think Deni get's a nice boost , even with the different positions 

6 hours ago, anton_gambit_11 said:

lots of folks saying its wagner or lopez or Rui.

So which one is it guys?

How bout you give some input as well. 

Rui already taken in most so not even bothering with him. Most upside is Wagner for obv reasons.

Edited by Pirate
9 hours ago, Taipan said:

If I’m Commish in your league and your trade goes through only to find out later that Bryant is out for the season, it’s getting reversed.  What’s not shady is waiting until the MRI results come out before offering a trade.

total garbage if you make that call. Both parties have no idea as of this moment and are speculating. Neither one has inside info. 

• Like 1

Fantasy allows us to be GMs (general managers) of our own teams. The onus is on each and every one of the participating GMs to check all the details about the player they're getting (risk assessment). The only vetoable trades are those that feels like collusion (receipts optional) but if the commish or the league couldn't find any, they could just not invite them next season, not trade with them anymore for the current season, or outright lock their team if it is too blatant.

As for who will have the most gains from Bryant's absence. I'd rank it Rui > Bertans > Deni > Wagner > Lopez. Rui becomes the 3rd option when Beal and Westbrook returns. Bertans gain more playing time as their floor spacer for Westbrook. Deni is just too passive when he is not handling the ball so his value is more tied to Westbrook's availability. Wagner is a per minute monster but is boom or bust due to his fouling tendencies. Lopez is old.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Taipan said:

What’s snowflaky about honesty and transparency?  

Like everyone else is saying, this is a risk-and-reward scenario, nothing to do with honesty or transparency. Part of the risk is not knowing how long Bryant is out for.

With social media updating us what the players had for lunch before the game, it is difficult to imagine a scenario where an owner is able to trade away an injured player without anyone else knowing about the said injury.

Edited by Gamecubesupreme
16 hours ago, heyitsmattdelly said:

just watched the video thank you

i think based upon the mechanism of injury and how it went, it seems like a LCL sprain; however, with knees you never know, could an ACL in there too
if anything he probably has an ankle sprain too at the least

The unfortunate “I was right” ☹️😔😔

get well soon big fella

4 minutes ago, heyitsmattdelly said:

The unfortunate “I was right” ☹️😔😔

get well soon big fella

Get over yourself. You basically suggestion it could be one of anything that even a sea cucumber could’ve suggested.

Edited by Pirate
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
17 hours ago, RunCMC said:

Makes sense.

What do you guys think, season ender ? I hope not 

He walked off at least , I thought it was the knee too. weird 

And I'm not happy about it at all. But it looked bad soon as I saw it 

RIP sweet prince . Speedy recovery

I'm still confused folks were calling it the ankle, because quite frankly that gave me hope. 

Edited by RunCMC