NBC Sports Edge Forums

Thomas Bryant 2020-2021 Outlook

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Full disclosure:   Half the people in this thread are Bryant owners, praying its not a torn ACL. The other half are vultures (like me) gathering intel for a big-time waiver wire add.

He needs to box out Westbrook. 

Posted Images

42 minutes ago, Gamecubesupreme said:

Like everyone else is saying, this is a risk-and-reward scenario, nothing to do with honesty or transparency. Part of the risk is not knowing how long Bryant is out for.

With social media updating us what the players had for lunch before the game, it is difficult to imagine a scenario where an owner is able to trade away an injured player without anyone else knowing about the said injury.

I think the commish shouldn’t reverse a trade where both guys enter with their eyes open. 

But like if a dude is pushing trades on the first rotoworld blurb that said it was an ankle... kinda sketch to me. It feels sketchy to do it imo. There was like an hour before they updated it to a possible knee injury. 

Caveat emptor and all that, but taking advantage of others is against the spirit of competition. I would just open it up to a vote and if the league felt the circumstances warranted a reversal, so be it. 

I think Lopez will be the starter and play around 20 minutes. Rest of center minutes gonna be devided between Wagner and small ball lineups. So no great add here imo. I picked up Lopez just because my wire is dry af.

34 minutes ago, Eltoro said:

But like if a dude is pushing trades on the first rotoworld blurb that said it was an ankle... kinda sketch to me. It feels sketchy to do it imo. There was like an hour before they updated it to a possible knee injury. 

Caveat emptor and all that, but taking advantage of others is against the spirit of competition. I would just open it up to a vote and if the league felt the circumstances warranted a reversal, so be it. 

If a player is injured but the severity is unknown, this is all a factor in the risk-and-reward analysis because there is nothing stopping the guy who is trading for Bryant to look up news and determine for himself what is the range of possible nature and extent of the injury sustained.

Edited by Gamecubesupreme
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
29 minutes ago, Chrizz said:

I think Lopez will be the starter and play around 20 minutes. Rest of center minutes gonna be devided between Wagner and small ball lineups. So no great add here imo. I picked up Lopez just because my wire is dry af.

This is generally how I feel though I maintain he's an easy person to drop for the next hot pick up. That said, if you look at this link below, it shows they only really played Wagner when it was well beyond reach and he didn't even finish the 4th quarter. 

http://nbarotations.info/game/0022000136

Just now, affliction said:

He didn’t finish because he had 6 fouls.

Yeesh don't remind me... I honestly feel like I can't wait to find the next hot pickup over this situation.

4 minutes ago, RedDogNamedClippers said:

He should’ve been drafted before the season started no?

All dependent on league setup. Plus, the early injury news (pink eye) may have scared people away

5 minutes ago, bballmaster said:

Just to be clear, Thomas is an obvious drop right? Season ender with ACL? I don't like when blurbs say "likely" and stuff like that. Just say it.

Says it all. Partial tear but requires surgery he's done

• Like 1