NBC Sports Edge Forums

Anthony Edwards 2020-2021 Outlook

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

best investment of the year immediately scooping him up after the warriors game about a month ago. he's gotten more comfortable and is already putting up massive stats in his first year. lamelo and ha

I read in an interview that edwards doesn't really like the sport of basketball he was only forced to play because he had a refrigerator like bulky physique but nfl is his true interest and he is only

lol some really bad takes in this thread

Posted Images

I think people are scared off by the depth at the guard positions in Minny...heat rises... if he's truly the number one pick then he will get minutes...its the unkown that keeps his draft position low...but if he balls out in preseason then he will be drafted much higher...we'll see....

• Like 1

spacer.png

I read in an interview that edwards doesn't really like the sport of basketball he was only forced to play because he had a refrigerator like bulky physique but nfl is his true interest and he is only in the nba to burn time while earning some money. he always looks like he is having a swab test while constipating everytime he plays because he is so disgusted with playing basketball. This is very dangerous because the mental fortitude coupled with passion and motivation just won't be there. So i will not take a gamble on picking him i can sniff him that he will be another timberwolf all time bust.

the best comparison i have with him is josh jackson who scouts thought should've been the number 1 pick couple of years ago and would dominate the league, edwards and jackson both have mammoth physical tools and very very scary bulky bulldog body with raging bison athleticism but their interest for the game is not there so they are both massive disappointments.

Edited by chopper
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

I agree, his pre-draft interviews were mystifiying.  Very low-IQ comments suggest he is a guy who has only gotten by on physical attributes and will not work on his game.  I see a Dion Waiters-que career and stat trajectory.

Edited by El_Chingon
  • Like 3

Everyone in my league was so disgusted to their gut in drafting this guy that he felt all the way to round 12 in our 14 teamer lmao. so I took some chips and gambled on him even if i keep on trashing him. I'm ready to dump his thicc azz into the smokey mountain if he looks like a lost puppy on the court during his 1st week

2 hours ago, chopper said:

Everyone in my league was so disgusted to their gut in drafting this guy that he felt all the way to round 12 in our 14 teamer lmao. so I took some chips and gambled on him even if i keep on trashing him. I'm ready to dump his thicc azz into the smokey mountain if he looks like a lost puppy on the court during his 1st week

I just watched his highlights and he passed the eye test. Looked like the Anthony Edwards that was at Georgia. He was bricking like crazy and his shot looked too soft, but I attribute that to nerves. Now the question is his heart. Whoever compared him to Waiters, I could see that possibility unfolding if he doesn't have that fire burning within him. But from the eye test today, he is very talented.

Edited by ILuvABGs
  • tonycpsu changed the title to Anthony Edwards 2020-2021 Outlook

For all the guys in 6 teamers that we’re on the fence. The Kat injury sure makes that decision a whole lot easier. Lots and lots of shots incoming. When they fall league winner. 

I read this story about Edwards and Min as a team. There is a story saying that they took him over LaMelo because D Russ did not want another PG on the team so the only other player close to a fit in the top 3 was Edwards.

Apparently the organization was all in on D Russ and had an influence on this draft. So there's a bit of disorganization in the background right now where they will prioritize the usage and team to Russ & Towns while they try to figure out the best wing player to complement them. Beasley has been also a beast in this storyline.

Trying to find the story again but I will post if I find it.

• Like 1

Has nights where he doesn't shoot very well, like 0-8 on the 10th. Clanks a lot of 3ptrs. 

Seems to get 20+ minutes most games.

I think he will be pretty good later in the year when he gets more comfortable with his role, teammates and the NBA. 

I'd love to have him in dynasty. I'm glad I don't have him this year. Consistency will be a problem for a while.

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, squidthunder said:

Starting now?  - I'm intrigued

Risk is what happens when KAT returns. Seems like Dlo, Beasley and KAT suck up all the usage and there isn’t much ball left over. And Edwards doesn’t seem to chip in much in the way of peripherals...

• Like 1
13 minutes ago, Eltoro said:

Risk is what happens when KAT returns. Seems like Dlo, Beasley and KAT suck up all the usage and there isn’t much ball left over. And Edwards doesn’t seem to chip in much in the way of peripherals...

Good point