NBC Sports Edge Forums

T.J Warren 2020-2021 Outlook

8 minutes ago, BykeINIT said:

what’s the typical timetable? are we dropping in leagues without IL?

Surgery is going to be required on the foot which didn't have the plantar fasciitis so thats probably 6-8 weeks but it could be longer if the other foot WITH plantar fasciitis doesn't heal up at the same time.

6 hours ago, PascalSiakam said:

Aaron > Justin > McDermott

I would've thought Justin gets the starting nod since he's a better fit at the 3...

• Thanks 1
  • Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

How long is he out ? We don’t know Does anyone know ? No Wi he be back by mid-march ? Nobody knows  You are welcome 🙂  

^Apples to oranges on the categories they produce, but Utah's Bogdanovic is this year's 9-10th round 2019 TJ Warren.   Rough start for TJ. I don't think that plantar is going to get better i

It sucks because the Holidays & McDermott will get 22-26 min each. McDermott isnt fantasy friendly and the Holidays get on the edge of useful minutes but not really. IMO the add if you lost Warren

Posted Images

11 hours ago, tazdingo said:

Surgery is going to be required on the foot which didn't have the plantar fasciitis so thats probably 6-8 weeks but it could be longer if the other foot WITH plantar fasciitis doesn't heal up at the same time.

I would've thought Justin gets the starting nod since he's a better fit at the 3...

Same. Justin fits better.

23 minutes ago, BykeINIT said:

let’s say 8 weeks

that means he’ll be back for the second half of the season..

in that case, he’s not a drop

stress fractures are very tricky. Best case scenario he can resume playing in 6-8 weeks, he’s going to be eased in. He’s going to need to do Reba. And then He’s going to be on a minute restriction. I don’t think Warren is ready to go until closer to the playoffs which means his fantasy season is likely over.

plenty of examples of stress fractures ending the season for players around this time of year. Brook Lopez and Jrue Holiday are two that pop into my head.

Edited by andy1234

I feel like Plantar Fasciitis caused him to work his other foot into overdrive and it caused the fracture. I feel like the silver lining is he will be able to heal both of them since i feel like the plantar fasciitis was a ticking time bomb.

Edited by bballmaster
9 minutes ago, bballmaster said:

I feel like Plantar Fasciitis caused him to work his other foot into overdrive and it caused the fracture. I feel like the silver lining is he will be able to heal both of them since i feel like the plantar fasciitis was a ticking time bomb.

I'm 100% sure that's what happened (overcompensated by the other foot). My sister had plantar fasciitis for about 6 weeks and couldn't get out of her apartment coz she said the pain from just stepping out of her building was unbearable. In theory, it should heal at the same time but the rehab is going to take a while. We should also remember that Warren tends to always get dinged up for many different things and tales forever to recover from them.

31 minutes ago, andy1234 said:

That's what I thought too but when I checked his career averages, I found out he's been playing for like 8 or 9 years now and his stats peaked when he was in Chicago. The two years he's been in Indy have all been down years and I just don't know if there's any upside in taking him anymore.

37 minutes ago, andy1234 said:

stress fractures are very tricky. Best case scenario he can resume playing in 6-8 weeks, he’s going to be eased in. He’s going to need to do Reba. And then He’s going to be on a minute restriction. I don’t think Warren is ready to go until closer to the playoffs which means his fantasy season is likely over.

plenty of examples of stress fractures ending the season for players around this time of year. Brook Lopez and Jrue Holiday are two that pop into my head.

so you’re saying drop......

1 hour ago, BykeINIT said:

so you’re saying drop......

If you don’t have an IL spot, he’s droppable imo. Josh Lloyd also said something similar - he doesn’t think Warren will be back in time for the fantasy regular season. I supposed there’s a chance he makes it back for th fantasy playoffs, but my gut tells me he won’t. Bummer. I bit on the bubble hype in one of my leagues. 

I might hold until after the surgery to see what the timeline is, but if you don’t have an IL spot, it’s going to be hard to hold him for that long.

2 hours ago, bballmaster said:

spacer.png

On 12/31/2020 at 3:24 PM, ghostofathousand_ said:

Whose the add? 

The Holidays just went 26 min and got 3pts/1ast/1stl. Combined.

Like I typed out yesterday, just look elsewhere for an add. This team will have the bulk of their usage and stats concentrated in their big 4, with random games that Mcdermott gets an empty 20pts

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Johnnyapplebot said:

Have people dropped? Or are they waiting for some kind of timetable before dropping?

One team in my leagues dropped who already had their INJ spots filled (Love & Kemba). only one out of about 10.

30 minutes ago, bbythepier said:

One team in my leagues dropped who already had their INJ spots filled (Love & Kemba). only one out of about 10.

I got KAT Porzingis and Warren injured with a bare waiver wire and the league has no IR spots

2 hours ago, Stefan said:

How long is he out ?

Does anyone know ?

Will he be back by mid-march ? 

TNX guys 

:) 

How long is he out ? We don’t know

Does anyone know ? No

Wi he be back by mid-march ? Nobody knows 

You are welcome

🙂

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3
1 hour ago, Stefan said:

Soooooooooooooooo when's that ? :) ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

FWIW, BBM have him projected to be back around mid March.
image.png.47bff98c2f231210ba7c70bad59583d0.png

• Thanks 1
4 hours ago, hoopking said:

Is he a drop? anyone knows the schedule for the 2nd half of the season? 

Without knowing your league settings, roster construction, playoff dates, and depth of waiver options, it's nearly impossible to say. The schedule for the 2nd half of the season (March 11 - May 16) will be released during the latter part of the of the First Half portion of the schedule, according to NBA dot com. Considering that the NBA released the First Half schedule 18 days before the first game, I would bet the Second Half schedule will be announced around February 21st.

On 12/31/2020 at 3:24 PM, ghostofathousand_ said:

Whose the add? 

Sir, my apologies. I was wrong when I suggested the minutes would be split in such a way there wasn't an add. Justin Holiday is a top 70-80 player while Warren is out. I hope you got him.

• 4 weeks later...
On 1/1/2021 at 12:58 AM, BykeINIT said:

what’s the typical timetable? are we dropping in leagues without IL?

My understanding is 4-6 weeks but i guess it all depends how quick he recovers. I believe he had same issue in 2016 with the Suns

4 minutes ago, DonutGiveUp said:

My understanding is 4-6 weeks but i guess it all depends how quick he recovers. I believe he had same issue in 2016 with the Suns

If we’re using the 4-6 wks time table, I’m hoping we get some updates soon. How long has it been since his surgery?