NBC Sports Edge Forums

Terrence Ross 2020-2021 Outlook

He finished with 9th round value in BBM last year and he's going really late in the drafts I've been in (rounds 11-13). I'm intrigued since they'll have to shuffle the lineup for the rest of the season with Jonathan Isaac and he might be getting majority of the starter minutes that get divided up. There are a lot of potential sneaky late pick gems & he's definitely got the credentials to be one of them when given the opportunity. That said, he's been in the league for a while so it would be asking much for him to put up anything than... 8th round value? What do you guys think? Anyone think he could still build up on the momentum from last year?

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Well when you see the 0’s across the board tonight drop him.

Posted Images

6 hours ago, Espoiral said:

IIRC he was top-70 or top-80 (can't remember) with no Isaac in the lineup.

I'm aiming to take him with my last 1-2 picks this year.

Yeah ranked 79 on BMM since Isaac went down (games including the brief moment he came back):

g m/g p/g 3/g r/g a/g s/g b/g fg% fga/g ft% fta/g to/g
37 29.4 16.4 3.0 3.6 1.4 1.3 0.4 .400 13.4 .845 3.1 1.0

I guess he's projected to be the starting SF so he's a very good low end 3&D player if you failed to grab guys like Mikal Bridges, Covy in the earlier rounds. Extremely good upside in value if you draft him in the last 2 rounds.

1 hour ago, My Dinner With Andre said:

Why are his minutes per game so low? Never even cracked 28 per game in his career. Seems odd.

One of the biggest criticism of him when he was a raptor was his effort and consistency on defense.. coupled that with the inefficient shooting made him a liability at points. That probably carried a bit into his years in Orlando. Whatever the case may be, he seems to have turned the corner a bit in the last couple of years. Solid campaign in 18-19, 19-20 started off slow because he was banged up, but once he got healthy he started shooting the lights out.

• Thanks 1
50 minutes ago, sharkpotato said:

One of the biggest criticism of him when he was a raptor was his effort and consistency on defense.. coupled that with the inefficient shooting made him a liability at points. That probably carried a bit into his years in Orlando. Whatever the case may be, he seems to have turned the corner a bit in the last couple of years. Solid campaign in 18-19, 19-20 started off slow because he was banged up, but once he got healthy he started shooting the lights out.

It's interesting cause in those two years he was exclusively used as a 6th man scoring player. When he was with the Raps, he didn't get too far as a starter. Defense was an issue. I am guessing they covered up his defense issues on the second unit.

I think he will get 6th man minutes and usage but not start. This might actually be better for him than a starter.

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, rob0403 said:

Looks minor so far but dropped in a league of mine

I'm curious - who was he dropped for in your league and how big is the league? Thought it would be an easy hold considering their wings are quite thin with Isaac still injured and Gordon being... Gordon...

it's a 12 team dynasty league H2H 9 cat so it could be the manager wanted a younger talent. And in H2H he doesn't have the peripheral stats.

He was dropped as part of a 2 for 1 trade where the guy had to drop a player.

• Like 1

Orlando's SF spot looks like the weakest in the league this upcoming season with Isaac out (Dwayne Bacon and James Ennis). I can see Ross getting some more SF mintues along with backup SG minutes behind Fournier, maybe he breaks the 30 min mark this season. Either way like others have mentioned, he's good for 15+ points, 2.5+ threes, 1.5 stocks on low TOs. There are weeks where this guy just carries 3PTM on his own with multiple games of 5+ 3PTM. 

• Like 1

He's just another reason why I don't target threes early. If I can't decide between two guys in early/mid rounds, I'll take whose value doesn't derive from threes cuz I know Duncan Robinson, Joe Harris, Ross, Bertans, Seth Curry and bunch of other volume 3-point shooters will be available later.

• Like 3
  • tonycpsu changed the title to Terrence Ross 2020-2021 Outlook

This guy's about to get picked up in a lot of leagues.  It's apparent he is starting the season off on one of those patented Ross heaters.  They can last for a few weeks at a time and there is nothing stopping him except himself, given all that PT available due to the Magic's dearth of wing talent.  

• Like 1