NBC Sports Edge Forums

CJ McCollum 2020-2021 Outlook

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

That’s whack. Once the trade is accepted, there should be no going back. Fantasy bball is serious bidness, there are no take backsies.

We discussed this in our league before the season started. And we concluded, unless both managers mutually agree to cancel the trade. Once the trade is sent out, it is in the hands of the fantasy gods

Here’s the play CJ McCollum had his foot stepped on by Clint Capela...   https://twitter.com/NBCSNorthwest/status/1350662959459086337/video/1  

Posted Images

8 hours ago, colepenhagen said:

5-6 weeks with no conditioning or practice and still in a boot from what i can find

It's 4 weeks in now. What do you mean 5-6? He was always meant to keep the boot for those 4 weeks and I think evaluation is today or tomorrow.

Edited by RipCity0
On 2/14/2021 at 3:06 PM, samatz82 said:

Basketball monster put him on the 26th Feb 2021. His reevaluation should be this coming week. So i guess, this week + 2 weeks re-conditioning.

Hold your horses buddy

I found this on reddit:

It doesn't sound like he plans on being back before Nurk. He just tweeted back and forth with Nurk saying he looks forward to watching Nurk's return (which is expected to be mid-late March). The tweets make it sound like he isn't even with the team yet.

2 hours ago, Stefan said:

I found this on reddit:

It doesn't sound like he plans on being back before Nurk. He just tweeted back and forth with Nurk saying he looks forward to watching Nurk's return (which is expected to be mid-late March). The tweets make it sound like he isn't even with the team yet.

Well that's some speculation. It's not that Nurk has some set date to return. What seems certain is that he will not be back before ASB. Hopefully he will be ready by March 10. That will be 7+ weeks. 

Not sure what you mean he isn't with the team? On roadtrip? He attended the last home game, but no use to travel since he cannot play right now. It's dangerous as well due to covid.

Edited by RipCity0

McCollum told The Athletic. "Heading in the right direction.'' McCollum said no imaging was taken, and the doctor just wanted to see the foot in person. He said he is now cleared to begin ball handling and free throw shooting while also starting to ramp up his weight training and walking.

McCollum said it was too early to say whether he expects to be cleared to play after the two-week evaluation. "I'm in no rush. I guess we'll see how I feel and what they say in two weeks,'' he said.

• Thanks 1
3 minutes ago, RipCity0 said:

He said he is now cleared to begin ball handling and free throw shooting while also starting to ramp up his weight training and walking.

Yeah... he still weeks away from ramping up serious basketball activities... thanks man, great update.

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, Stefan said:

Yeah... he still weeks away from ramping up serious basketball activities... thanks man, great update.

hes probably ramping it up like JJJ

making tiktoks, eating ribs and whatnot

• Haha 2
3 hours ago, DepressedKnicksFan said:

Saw on his Instagram the boot is off while he was doing some shooting drills. I expect him to play first week after All-Star.

Webp.net-resizeimage.jpg.7ca20b8a1fdfd774de151ab54615917a.jpg

Edited by Stefan
Injured (left foot fracture)
McCollum will be re-evaluated on March 2. He has started some light on-court work but doesn't appear close to a return. “He’s not doing much,” coach Terry Stotts said. “Whatever you’ve seen him do on social media is about all that he is doing. The rehab is going well, they are pleased with the way the foot is healing, but there is really not much more to it than that. I mean, he’s not running, stationary shooting. He needs to let it run its course.”
33 minutes ago, samatz82 said:

Thanks for adding the source. I think a little pessimistic from the coach? Probably 2-3 weeks after asb?

Idk I can't read the full article, I'm not a subscriber... 
But the key part imo is: "they are pleased the way the foot is healing"... that probably means it has not healed proper yet.
Having said that... 2-3 weeks after the ASB seems reasonable enough.

Edited by Stefan
19 minutes ago, Stefan said:

Idk I can't read the full article, I'm not a subscriber... 
But the key part imo is: "they are pleased the way the foot is healing"... that probably means it has not healed proper yet.
Having said that... 2-3 weeks after the ASB seems reasonable enough.

THis was further down in the article.

There are six more days until Nurkic and McCollum are evaluated. And probably around two weeks before there is thought of them playing in a game. 

• Like 1