NBC Sports Edge Forums

Eric Bledsoe 2020-2021 Outlook

59 minutes ago, CORTEz said:

Like I said, for anyone thinking he was going to average 15.0 or more PPG and have a significant offensive role is deeply mistaken.

- 18/2/6
- 5/2/6
- 7/2/0

That's what you're going to get, tons and tons of inconsistency. By years end, he'll probably be averaging 10-12 PPG, 2-3 REB, and 3-4 AST, with a little bit of defensive stats.

It would take a Zion or Ingram injury for him to come anywhere close to the player he used to be (17-5-5).

Yes i am pretty sure he will continue to shoot 33% fg 31% from 3 and 50% ft

• Haha 1
  • Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Maybe need to say thank you to Zion,lol  

bledsoe: 19/5/10/1/1 with 4 threes and 0 turnovers   man, this guy sucks so bad. enjoy dort.     

Right now Bledsoe is shooting 33%. Basically same amount of shots as last year so far. 11.5 last year. 11 this year. He shot 47.5% last year, 48.4% the year before, and is a career 45.6% shooter. His

Posted Images

On 12/28/2020 at 1:24 PM, Tekno Team 2000 said:

Right now Bledsoe is shooting 33%. Basically same amount of shots as last year so far. 11.5 last year. 11 this year. He shot 47.5% last year, 48.4% the year before, and is a career 45.6% shooter. His shooting should normalize as he gets more comfortable with his new team.

And he at the very least should score what he did last year since he is getting the same amount of shots so far. And he’s actually shooting double the amount of threes this year. He might not be a great 3 point shooter, but if he makes them at just his career average or a little better he should have no problem getting to 15-16 points a game. 

Its been 3 games. SVG is running a small rotation and Bledsoe is a starter so the minutes will be there. The steals could go up from last year too if he gets more minutes than he did with the Bucks and plays more aggressive defensively than he did there.

I never expected peak Bledsoe anyway and didn’t draft him high at all so if he can get the steals up a little more, replicating the rest of his Bucks numbers at the very least is fine with me.

The amount of threes he is taking is actually the real concern for me. He's a career 33.6% three point shooter. Him taking double the threes is not great. Does not need a lot of shots to get his value but hopefully his shots come more at the rim as otherwise that fg% is not going to normalize. 

10 minutes ago, molski said:

he’s done. I watched him a lot last year. He sucks and is only getting worse. 

you must have only been playing fantasy since the beginning of last year. you dont just give up on guys like bledsoe after 1 week. youll learn one day. 

I'm so glad I flirted with a board ban on this player's thread pg1. Was well worth the risk.

And I made the supposedly "bold" claim in the Garland thread that I'd take Darius over Bledsoe after 2 games. That was the least bold thing I've ever typed.

I'm gonna sit by the fire all winter and wait for SVG to put in Hart or Redick at his spot.

3 hours ago, pdids911 said:

you must have only been playing fantasy since the beginning of last year. you dont just give up on guys like bledsoe after 1 week. youll learn one day. 

I didn’t need to see one week. I’ve seen him play way longer than that. He’s washed at 30. 

In a redraft league in h2h how long do you wait to see if he can regain some of his older form? You’ll learn one day. 

• Like 1
7 minutes ago, molski said:

I didn’t need to see one week. I’ve seen him play way longer than that. He’s washed at 30. 

In a redraft league in h2h how long do you wait to see if he can regain some of his older form? You’ll learn one day. 

Lol it's been 4 regular season games and they lost in a blowout tonight. On top of that he only had 1 preseason game with a new team. Unless you're in a 6 or 8 team league, you aren't just droppping him. 

• Thanks 1
Just now, MuscleChestbrook said:

His role is concerning, but unlikely to continue. Now how much of an increase in usage he'll get is the big question. We just have to hold and see how the adjustments made by the coaching staff look

His role is similar as his role with the Bucks (3rd/4th option). He's in a shooting slump, he makes a couple more shots and he's averaging 14+, which is the same as last season. I do see his rebounding numbers to decrease a little bit though, since Lonzo is also a good rebounding guard. His 3s and steals might go up from his last season with the Bucks with slightly more minutes and attempts. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
40 minutes ago, molski said:

its been 4 games, wtf? 

go ahead and drop him and pick up some bum off the waiver wire. we'll see how that works out for you. 

Edited by pdids911
2 minutes ago, pdids911 said:

its been 4 games, wtf? 

go ahead and drop him and pick up some bum off the waiver wire. we'll see how that works out for you. 

Damn bro I saw that!! Lol. I was about to do the same. U think Bledsoe will hold more value than Haliburton? Im so tempted to grab Hali. What's your take between the 2?

• Haha 1

On the bright side, today he was a plus to efficiency (60% FG, 100% FT, and 0 TOs).  And that shot where he was falling out of bounds and hit a contested jumper nearly over the backboard was nice.

That's about it. Other than that, you could probably find better on the wire, lol.

That's not to say I'm dropping him, or even close to it.  But his coach needs to find a way to get him more involved.  Is there any reason why they don't stagger him with Ball and swap him for JJ on the bench?  Bled could play alongside both for short stints and allows him to act more as a 6th man.

• Thanks 1
2 minutes ago, alwaysstressed said:

Damn bro I saw that!! Lol. I was about to do the same. U think Bledsoe will hold more value than Haliburton? Im so tempted to grab Hali. What's your take between the 2?

it was the first "waiver wire" guy i saw on my TV... eh, id rather have the proven commodity in bledsoe. 

• Like 1

Not saying people need to drop him, but I think people need to temper their expectations.

Like I said, anyone in here thinking he was going to average 15-4-4 with Ingram, Zion, Lonzo, Adams and Reddick all on the team...those managers are horribly mistaken.

I said it before and I'll say it again. On most nights, he'll probably be a 12-3-4 guy, with a good chunk of nights being 10-3-4 kind of stat lines with a handful of nice 16-5-5 games.

If you're in 12-teamers or less, you gotta give good thought to dropping him. But he's a hold for now in 14+ teamers. Really, the only thing keeping his value afloat as of right now is that he's chipping in 1 steal and 0.5 blocks, but he's going to have to keep that up and improve on that if he wants to be anywhere close to a Top-100 player.

4 hours ago, molski said:

he’s done. I watched him a lot last year. He sucks and is only getting worse. 

I owned him for a few years.. i know this man.. hes done.. get whatever you can when you can.. there is a reason this guy gets shipped around like a whore in the league.. hes garbage and just doesnt give a SH%T about winning games.. Bucks dumped him for a reason.. so did the suns.. he wasted a lot of his talent in his career.. he played when he needed to get paid years ago.. got paid.. and he checked out basically since then..he will tease you once in a while but you are crazy if you think he will ever give you consistent production..

• Like 1
45 minutes ago, molski said:

He’s washed at 30.

There is a difference between washed and being the 3rd/4th option instead of the 1st/2nd option like he was in Phoenix. His role (here or with the Bucks) is not the same as Phoenix. We all know that and drafted knowing that. That doesn’t make him washed. He shoots less now so he scores less now.

This was the 4th game. On a new team. He was shooting 33% prior to the game. They got blown out and SVG still needs to figure out how to best use everyone.

I will say in watching the game Bledsoe was not aggressive. A lot of standing in the corner. But is that solely on him or is it SVG’s offense/rotations/what he is asking of Bledsoe? Too early to say, but regardless this is why to drop him now would be done hastily imo. A little more time is needed to evaluate the situation.

Just now, Tekno Team 2000 said:

There is a difference between washed and being the 3rd/4th option instead of the 1st/2nd option like he was in Phoenix. His role (here or with the Bucks) is not the same as Phoenix. We all know that and drafted knowing that. That doesn’t make him washed. He shoots less now so he scores less now.

This was the 4th game. On a new team. He was shooting 33% prior to the game. They got blown out and SVG still needs to figure out how to best use everyone.

I will say in watching the game Bledsoe was not aggressive. A lot of standing in the corner. But is that solely on him or is it SVG’s offense/rotations/what he is asking of Bledsoe? Too early to say, but regardless this is why to drop him now would be done hastily imo. A little more time is needed to evaluate the situation.

Agree. One extra point to note is that giannis has a way better ability to drive and kick, while zion is kind of a black hole after receiving the ball...( I think they are similar in the way of creating offence)

Edited by sasuke7201
On 12/27/2020 at 10:21 PM, westbrookballin92 said:

I understand the alarm, and agree this doesn’t look good. However, as mentioned he’s in his third game with a new team and they are figuring out minutes/rotations that work best, especially to create spacing. I think he’s a hold/buy (very) low at the moment. Let’s give another 3 games or so I think. Maybe coming off the bench will do him good. If he’s this bad next week, probably time to cut for a hot FA.

Guys, it might be time to cut for a hot FA, if any are left. Happy to be swayed otherwise but i'm probably one bad game away from pulling the plug. The guy is an anchor to my team (and not the good kind). Need to see some stats soon or else its just not possible to keep him with win-now mentality in a shortened fantasy season.