Eric Bledsoe 2020-2021 Outlook

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Maybe need to say thank you to Zion,lol  

bledsoe: 19/5/10/1/1 with 4 threes and 0 turnovers   man, this guy sucks so bad. enjoy dort.     

Right now Bledsoe is shooting 33%. Basically same amount of shots as last year so far. 11.5 last year. 11 this year. He shot 47.5% last year, 48.4% the year before, and is a career 45.6% shooter. His

Posted Images

New Orleans is currently tied for 26th in pace, 29th in offensive efficiency, and 28th in assist ratio.

For context, last year under Gentry they were tied for 2nd in pace, 17th in offensive efficiency, and 7th in assist ratio. (Milwaukee was 1st in pace last year).

It’s SVG’s offense more than it’s Bledsoe. Hopefully it gets figured out soon and they start to open things up, play faster, and move the ball better.

These things take time. I might bench him until things get ironed out, but he is in no way a drop right now.

13 hours ago, Tekno Team 2000 said:

New Orleans is currently tied for 26th in pace, 29th in offensive efficiency, and 28th in assist ratio.

For context, last year under Gentry they were tied for 2nd in pace, 17th in offensive efficiency, and 7th in assist ratio. (Milwaukee was 1st in pace last year).

It’s SVG’s offense more than it’s Bledsoe. Hopefully it gets figured out soon and they start to open things up, play faster, and move the ball better.

These things take time. I might bench him until things get ironed out, but he is in no way a drop right now.

Here is what Van Gundy believes about offense:

1. Reducing turnovers is key. Not only do turnovers take away offensive opportunities but they lead to easy buckets.
  2. Forget offensive rebounding. Van Gundy’s teams in Detroit did well in this category thanks to Andre Drummond but Van Gundy believes strongly in selling out on offensive boards to get back on defense and limit transition buckets.
  3. He likes to run. Van Gundy’s teams have always pushed the pace, which suits this team well.
  4. The big man is key in the offense. Most of Van Gundy’s offenses worked from the inside-out.
  5. Finally, he believes in being unselfish, moving the ball and making really quick decisions that lead to quality shots.

https://pelicandebrief.com/2020/10/22/new-orleans-pelicans-van-gundys-offense/

He feels not into it right now. Maybe its a slump... Or something else. No fire in him. Coming off the bench might be the only way to give him a little spark. But if he feels disrespected by that and starts to sulk... Well, I do not know what to say then.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, GuruPitka said:

bledsoe needs to work his way iinto this offense and find his touches. i think people shouldnt panic. hes gone on plenty of slumps before. if he strings 2-3 good games together, i will be trading him to the highest bidder however.

lol I think this dude is done.  This guy sucks so bad.  He can’t shoot, can’t pass and even can’t play defence now.  Just dropped him for Dort in a 12 team league.

Edited by PascalSiakam
25 minutes ago, PascalSiakam said:

lol I think this dude is done.  This guy sucks so bad.  He can’t shoot, can’t pass and even can’t play defence now.  Just dropped him for Dort in a 12 team league.

Fantasy basketball ladies and gents. 

• Haha 1
11 hours ago, DezedandConfused said:

Here is what Van Gundy believes about offense:

1. Reducing turnovers is key. Not only do turnovers take away offensive opportunities but they lead to easy buckets.
  2. Forget offensive rebounding. Van Gundy’s teams in Detroit did well in this category thanks to Andre Drummond but Van Gundy believes strongly in selling out on offensive boards to get back on defense and limit transition buckets.
  3. He likes to run. Van Gundy’s teams have always pushed the pace, which suits this team well.
  4. The big man is key in the offense. Most of Van Gundy’s offenses worked from the inside-out.
  5. Finally, he believes in being unselfish, moving the ball and making really quick decisions that lead to quality shots.

https://pelicandebrief.com/2020/10/22/new-orleans-pelicans-van-gundys-offense/

I looked back at his past teams and they were usually mid to low in the league in pace. Different roster constructs obviously than what he has in NO and the league is different too (especially different from his Orlando days).

I still think he will push the pace more (probably not as much as Gentry) and Bledsoe should be fine as they get more comfortable with SVG’s approach and schemes. But just in case I am definitely getting mentally prepared for it not working out either.

2 hours ago, PascalSiakam said:

LOL 🤡

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
35 minutes ago, crocp said:

LOL 🤡

You probably think I have made a stupid move but in fact I have watched all pelicans’ games this season and I note that this guy degenerates so bad that it’s probably time for him to retire.  I really don’t understand why NO would trade Jure for him.  A very bad move for NO.  They just traded away a star player for a G league level player.

Edited by PascalSiakam
  • Haha 1
32 minutes ago, PascalSiakam said:

I really don’t understand why NO would trade Jure for him.  A very bad move for NO.  They just traded away a star player for a G league level player.

You do realize they got a bunch of picks for Jrue too, right? 

And so you have been able to deduce in watching his 4 games that Bledsoe’s abilities (a 31 year old not coming off any major injury) deteriorated so much from last year’s 14.9 PPG, 4.6 RPG, 5.4 APG on 47.5% shooting that he is now a G league level player? All in the span of a few months? Hmmm. Ok cool. Makes sense.

• Thanks 1
1 hour ago, Tekno Team 2000 said:

And so you have been able to deduce in watching his 4 games that Bledsoe’s abilities (a 31 year old not coming off any major injury) deteriorated so much from last year’s 14.9 PPG, 4.6 RPG, 5.4 APG on 47.5% shooting that he is now a G league level player? All in the span of a few months? Hmmm. Ok cool. Makes sense.

i bet he won't say anything when he comes is 10th place at the end of the year

• Haha 1
3 hours ago, Tekno Team 2000 said:

No offence but if you indeed has watched his games you should be able to find out that this dude plays like shxt, he did nothing but just kept making bad decisions in every possession.  No court vision, no jumper, no speed, no D, give me just one reason why still holding this dude while there are plenty of nice FAs sitting on the waiver wire.

SvG had kind words for Bledsoe, insisting they start helping him more to get comfortable. Let us be patient. He also said he has no idea yet how to play with this team. The time together has been so short.

• Like 1