NBC Sports Edge Forums

Eric Bledsoe 2020-2021 Outlook

1 hour ago, m1dday said:

I'm in the same place as well. I have two people coming back from IL and he's technically my most droppable but that would be a horrible idea... no other choice but to keep holding since I no one would trade for him though lol. Maybe if I package him, but let's see about that.

Well it would depend on the size of your league.  If 12 team league just drop him.  He won’t be good this season since he is seriously washed.  I dropped him for Dort and I’m very happy with that.  Some ppl here teased me for that but I guess I’m proven to have made the right move.

Edited by PascalSiakam
  • Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Maybe need to say thank you to Zion,lol  

bledsoe: 19/5/10/1/1 with 4 threes and 0 turnovers   man, this guy sucks so bad. enjoy dort.     

Right now Bledsoe is shooting 33%. Basically same amount of shots as last year so far. 11.5 last year. 11 this year. He shot 47.5% last year, 48.4% the year before, and is a career 45.6% shooter. His

Posted Images

7 minutes ago, PascalSiakam said:

Well it would depend on the size of your league.  If 12 team league just drop him.  He won’t be good this season since he is seriously washed.  I dropped him for Dort and I’m very happy with that.  Some ppl here teased me for that but I guess I’m proven to have made the right move.

Nothing is proven yet still a lot of games to be played.

• Like 2
1 minute ago, PascalSiakam said:

I'd think it's less than being washed, it's more of being in probably the worst situation possible for his value. 

Especially if a Lonzo trade happens, that'd shoot his value all the way up. But I mean, picking up Dort for him isn't a bad move considering the upside and opportunity he has anyway.

He’s a soft hold in 12-team leagues. Can’t put it together or beat his relatively low  ADP.  He reminds me of Jeff Teague a couple of years ago. Semi-washed. If there’s a FA I can’t resist I’ll drop him. For now I’m still holding. He’s got a chance to redeem himself and turn it around this season for New Orlean. Don’t think that’ll happen. 

• Like 1
On 1/21/2021 at 12:11 AM, sickrookie said:

He’s a soft hold in 12-team leagues. Can’t put it together or beat his relatively low  ADP.  He reminds me of Jeff Teague a couple of years ago. Semi-washed. If there’s a FA I can’t resist I’ll drop him. For now I’m still holding. He’s got a chance to redeem himself and turn it around this season for New Orlean. Don’t think that’ll happen. 

If he is on a starting roster, I can see why Pels have a losing record. There's a reason why Mil. traded him, same reason why there is no spacing for the Pels. Reddick would make life much easier for them if he started with 30+. Bledsoe is on the wire is some of my leagues, but I can't justify picking him up ONLY if I'm desperate. Yes, my man is washed..

• Like 2
34 minutes ago, Forever Smooth said:

If he is on a starting roster, I can see why Pels have a losing record. There's a reason why Mil. traded him, same reason why there is no spacing for the Pels. Reddick would make life much easier for them if he started with 30+. Bledsoe is on the wire is some of my leagues, but I can't justify picking him up ONLY if I'm desperate. Yes, my man is washed..

He's not washed, he's just not being used properly. Him and Lonzo does not work, they both need the ball in their hands to be effective. Reddick is 36, while I do agree either Reddick or Hart should join the starting lineup, he can't last playing 30+. Short term solution is to either replace Bledsoe for Reddick/Hart in the starting lineup and have Bledsoe take on the Dragic role off the bench. Long term solution is to either trade Bledsoe or Lonzo. The question is how much are the Pelicans willing to pay Lonzo in FA, because some team is gonna overpay for him this offseason. 

• Like 1

I think he is pretty washed up. Moves sluggishly, has no fire in him. Maybe he just wants bigger role and is pouting. I dont know.

16 minutes ago, DezedandConfused said:

He's not washed, he's just not being used properly. Him and Lonzo does not work, they both need the ball in their hands to be effective. Reddick is 36, while I do agree either Reddick or Hart should join the starting lineup, he can't last playing 30+. Short term solution is to either replace Bledsoe for Reddick/Hart in the starting lineup and have Bledsoe take on the Dragic role off the bench. Long term solution is to either trade Bledsoe or Lonzo. The question is how much are the Pelicans willing to pay Lonzo in FA, because some team is gonna overpay for him this offseason. 

My man has been getting bounced around for some time now. He's a downhill player and not for pulling up behind the arc. Defense used to be good, but he's on the tail end of his career too. He can get grimy on defense though. Zo can be can a be a J. Kidd type later on, but at this point in Bledsoe' career, I just don't see it. Like he's never been a skilled player. Agree with Reddick and the 30+, maybe stagger Hart/Reddick.

Edited by Forever Smooth
Editing
On 1/21/2021 at 8:08 AM, XOB said:

Nothing is proven yet still a lot of games to be played.

Yep sure you still have 50+ games to be disappointed.

Playing fantasy is just like stocks market.  It’s ok if you have bought bad stocks because it happens all the time, but if you don’t realise it asap and switch to other options and instead holding it as long term assets, then you are so fxxked up.  

I don’t know whether you watch the real Pel’s games or not, obviously he is badly washed, no speed, bad defense, no 3s, no playmaking, the only thing he do on the court is just keep dribbling and then make bad pass.

Edited by PascalSiakam
1 hour ago, Forever Smooth said:

Zo can be can a be a J. Kidd type later on, but at this point in Bledsoe' career, I just don't see it. Like he's never been a skilled player. Agree with Reddick and the 30+, maybe stagger Hart/Reddick.

Can we stop comparing Zo to JKidd lol, it's disrespectful to Kidd's career. Zo is now in his fourth season and has regressed from last season so far, he's literally unplayable when the game matters if their team is down 10+ points. Zo has shooting slashes of 38%/28%/58%. "His defense and basketball IQ will keep him in the league for a long time, but his streaky jumper and inability to threaten defenses make it hard to fit him in to most starting lineups." Also almost 60% of Zo's shots are from 3 with a 28% success rate, which is horrible. He also can't be aggressive in driving into the lane to get to the FT line or make plays from drives because he's a terrible FT shooter as well. Don't get me wrong he's a gifted passer and an above average defender, but his offensive limitations limits his ceiling. 

https://www.theringer.com/nba/2021/1/20/22240439/lonzo-ball-pelicans-time-running-out

-  Bledsoe surprisingly has produced efficiently last couple of seasons and is actually producing offensivley at a similar rate as the last couple of seasons on less usage. Bledsoe is also shooting 39% from 3 so far this season. The problem is the fit with Zo and how he's being used. SVG has come out himself and said he needs to find a better way to use him. 

• Like 1
22 minutes ago, DezedandConfused said:

Can we stop comparing Zo to JKidd lol, it's disrespectful to Kidd's career. Zo is now in his fourth season and has regressed from last season so far, he's literally unplayable when the game matters if their team is down 10+ points. Zo has shooting slashes of 38%/28%/58%. "His defense and basketball IQ will keep him in the league for a long time, but his streaky jumper and inability to threaten defenses make it hard to fit him in to most starting lineups." Also almost 60% of Zo's shots are from 3 with a 28% success rate, which is horrible. He also can't be aggressive in driving into the lane to get to the FT line or make plays from drives because he's a terrible FT shooter as well. Don't get me wrong he's a gifted passer and an above average defender, but his offensive limitations limits his ceiling. 

https://www.theringer.com/nba/2021/1/20/22240439/lonzo-ball-pelicans-time-running-out

-  Bledsoe surprisingly has produced efficiently last couple of seasons and is actually producing offensivley at a similar rate as the last couple of seasons on less usage. Bledsoe is also shooting 39% from 3 so far this season. The problem is the fit with Zo and how he's being used. SVG has come out himself and said he needs to find a better way to use him. 

I don't if you are old enough to remember Jason K. early is in career. I am old enough and trust me when I say J. Kidd could not throw a rock in the sea.   That did not come til the end of his career. He was strictly a pure PG and very defensive player.  Kidd was a walking trey dub. So is Lonzo Ball if given the opportunity. Lonzo believe it or not now is a better shooter than Kidd was at this point. I will compare him to J Kidd because they're skills are similar and no it is not disrespect to J Kidd. Kidd was given the keys from the jump unlike Zo. I believe if Zo was given the keys,  we would see that walking trey dub and hopefully one day he will. 

1 hour ago, RonnieRonaldo said:

What do we do about this guy?  Definitely seems washed up, and no where near the player he was.  So cut for something on waivers, or hold in hopes he turns it around/gains an ounce of trade value?

If you're in a savvy league who knows he isnt that valuable, drop him if you're in a shallow league.

Bledsoe being legitimately washed is simply not true. Anybody that watches without any preconceived opinion on Bledsoe can see he is not washed. Its not about that. This is due to a bad team construct coupled with SVG’s offensive philosophy and what Bledsoe is being asked to do (they are 26th in pace). If Gentry was still there, I think Bledsoe would be doing much better.

That said, honestly, I am not advocating holding because I am not sure barring a trade or injury that this year this will improve for him. I don’t think a move to the bench would help either because SVG’s lack of pace would remain. I am weighing my options and he is sitting on my bench for the time being, but if there is a must have on the wire I am not against dropping at this point.

• Like 1
4 hours ago, RonnieRonaldo said:

What do we do about this guy?  Definitely seems washed up, and no where near the player he was.  So cut for something on waivers, or hold in hopes he turns it around/gains an ounce of trade value?

I might can agree with the washed part. Has has trended down ever since Phoenix. He was mediocre last year sitting at 94 to end the season. The Giannis/Bledsoe pairing didn’t work and now we have the Lonzo/Bledsoe not working and SVG is a trash coach.

• Like 2

I only have 3 PG in my team with Bledsoe being my 3rd PG. I just can't drop him even with his inconsistent nights he still has some good ones too. I'll hold on longer to see if he improves/wakes up or package him in a multi player trade later in the future.

My other PGs are Morant and Clarkson. I'm actually doing well in assists because of guys like Middleton, DeRozan, Oladipo, and even AD is dishing it out more often. I have Josh Richardson in my IL and maybe if Bledsoe keeps up the stinkers longer, I'll drop him for J Rich.

Edited by steveyi32
Just now, RedDogNamedClippers said:

I benched him. Sucks. You think he is some long term option?

Rip, Minnesota is a get back on track game for all players right now. It's still early to say, but I wouldn't drop him in standard 12 and deeper leagues, of course it depends on what other options u have shallow leagues. Either way this team needs changes to be made, this current setup is not working out for them, so I'll give them some time to figure things out. 

How are we feeling with the Lonzo rumors? Do we think he gets traded too, or staying with the Pels? 

I was considering dropping in a shallower league, but I guess it's worth holding him now to see where this goes.