NBC Sports Edge Forums

Juan Soto 2021 Outlook

Just now, Smallball said:

Again, you’ve missed the plot. So I’ll help then drop it. 
When people are talking about Soto and historical seasons, they are doing so comparing him to other 22 year olds at the mlb level. 
Hope that clears it up. 

Got it. so this will work. Trout won MVP at age 22 so 115 39 dbls 9 Trips 36 hrs 111 rbi 16 sb .287 ba except a .315 ba instead and not 184 Ks

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You guys worry too much.  Remember when everyone panicked last year that he was going to miss the season with Covid? Anyways Soto reminds me of when I owned Miguel Cabrera some years ago when he

Every year we get the guys who expect nothing but Ted Williams from their first rounder every at-bat. Every year we tell them to be patient.  Every, Single, Year. Be patient.

I've come to grips recently that there is no way I can persuade myself not to take him #1. I have never been so confident in a player having an all-time great season. I mean, I felt that way last year

Posted Images

2 hours ago, mks said:

Got it. so this will work. Trout won MVP at age 22 so 115 39 dbls 9 Trips 36 hrs 111 rbi 16 sb .287 ba except a .315 ba instead and not 184 Ks

Correct. It would be considered one of the all time greatest seasons if he out preforms those numbers right?

So (fingers crossed) we get some protection back, hopefully today. The Nats have been shutout in 3 of 6 games so far, so they need the help.

5 minutes ago, 4catztoomany said:

LOL. By "people" i meant the general public. "People" just assume it gives you Hulk level strength.

Gotcha. 

Yeah. To play a sport you already have to be an elite level athlete. Being a jabroni beer league guy it won’t do jack for you in making you into an elite athlete. 

39 minutes ago, mcbane said:

Gotcha. 

Yeah. To play a sport you already have to be an elite level athlete. Being a jabroni beer league guy it won’t do jack for you in making you into an elite athlete. 

Exactly. But if you watch Twitter feeds, it's as if roids magically transform you into a skilled athlete and Bonds and other folks were only good because of steroids.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Hanghow said:

So (fingers crossed) we get some protection back, hopefully today. The Nats have been shutout in 3 of 6 games so far, so they need the help.

What protection specifically? The only guy out there that I know if Schwarber and I am heard nothing. 
Is there other at bats coming?

22 minutes ago, Smallball said:

What protection specifically? The only guy out there that I know if Schwarber and I am heard nothing. 
Is there other at bats coming?

plus Josh Bell

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I like that he'll now have Turner, Bell, Zimmerman and Castro all around him. Not the best core unit, but certainly could be worse.

I think getting Bell back will be good.

I was wondering why theScore had him listed batting 2nd but ESPN just had a red exclamation point by his name....

https://www.nbcsports.com/edge/baseball/mlb/player-news/10094406

Nationals manager Dave Martinez expressed optimism that Juan Soto's left shoulder strain is not overly serious.

Soto was placed on the injured list just before Tuesday night's game against the Cardinals after an MRI revealed the minor strain. He had been dealing with pain around his triceps for the past couple of days and Martinez said the club didn't want to take any chances this early on in the season. There are three off days between now and when Soto would be first eligible to return, so it's possible he might only have to miss seven games. 

On 4/12/2021 at 8:46 AM, mcbane said:

Gotcha. 

John Daley says Hold My Beer

On 4/20/2021 at 9:32 PM, tucker26 said:

Now I know you’re joking. John Daley has never let anyone ever hold his beer. 

• Haha 4

Any insight into when he's coming back?  If love to activate him for the week but can't seem to find any news on him outside of "he threw baseballs recently".

On 4/21/2021 at 12:32 PM, tucker26 said:

Bartolo Colon and pitching a perfect game drunk off his a** David wells  would also like to chime in.

Mark zuckerman;

Soto will be throwing from 120 feet today, per Martinez. They still want to hit grounders and have him make throws to bases before they deem him ready to return. Nats are off tomorrow, so maybe Tuesday vs. Braves?

• Like 1
50 minutes ago, WTP333 said:

Mark zuckerman;

Soto will be throwing from 120 feet today, per Martinez. They still want to hit grounders and have him make throws to bases before they deem him ready to return. Nats are off tomorrow, so maybe Tuesday vs. Braves?

more: Juan Soto is throwing from about 90 feet right now in the outfield and doesn't appear to be holding back. Really working on his mechanics, trying to avoid further shoulder issues.

• Like 1