NBC Sports Edge Forums

Juan Soto 2021 Outlook

More: Juan Soto just got done throwing pregame with Nationals head athletic trainer Dale Gilbert. Of Soto's return, Dave Martinez said: "We'll see how he gets through today, and then we'll go from there. Hopefully it won't be that much longer. I mean he feels good, so we'll see."

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

... Juan Soto is the guy on the right.

You guys worry too much.  Remember when everyone panicked last year that he was going to miss the season with Covid? Anyways Soto reminds me of when I owned Miguel Cabrera some years ago when he

I've come to grips recently that there is no way I can persuade myself not to take him #1. I have never been so confident in a player having an all-time great season. I mean, I felt that way last year

Posted Images

13 minutes ago, WTP333 said:

More: Juan Soto just got done throwing pregame with Nationals head athletic trainer Dale Gilbert. Of Soto's return, Dave Martinez said: "We'll see how he gets through today, and then we'll go from there. Hopefully it won't be that much longer. I mean he feels good, so we'll see."

Looking good!

• Like 1
Posted (edited)

Weekly leaguers are you starting him this week?  [...] He seems close but I've been burned so many times in the past.

Edited by tonycpsu
Removed bench coach content
1 hour ago, 33legend said:

Weekly leaguers are you starting him this week?  [...] He seems close but I've been burned so many times in the past.

Yes. Sounded like he was close. 

12 minutes ago, TribeFoo said:

Wish some more concrete news would surface. Still seems like there’s risk to me.

Probably would roll the dice in a deeper weekly league. 

Soto (shoulder) was activated off the 10-day injured list Tuesday but will be limited to bench duty in his first game back, Mark Zuckerman of MASNSports.com reports.

Spin: Soto will wind up missing two weeks with a shoulder strain. Throwing was more of a problem for him than hitting, which could explain why he needs at least more more day before returning to the lineup, but the move suggests that the Nationals feel as though he's almost ready to be fully cleared. Yadiel Hernandez starts in right field Tuesday.
20 minutes ago, mevins31 said:

Activated! But not playing.

gotta love the way baseball is done in 2021.

Martinez said that he still isn't really ready to throw in games...

• Thanks 1
6 hours ago, Hanghow said:

I'd imagine Soto drafters feel about as bad as Trout drafters do for taking him over JD Martinez.

I understand what you're saying, but Soto and Trout were top 10 fantasy picks and Martinez was typically going ~60. No one was choosing between the likes of Soto/Trout or Martinez. 

3 minutes ago, MayorMcCheese said:

I understand what you're saying, but Soto and Trout were top 10 fantasy picks and Martinez was typically going ~60. No one was choosing between the likes of Soto/Trout or Martinez. 

You’re missing all the other posts our overlords removed. But they missed one. 

• Like 1
11 minutes ago, Daytraders2019 said:

Not in lineup again today. Thought I heard this weekend for an activation?

He's been activated - he's pinch hit.  He just can't throw right now, apparently, and why he's not in the lineup.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
15 minutes ago, Daytraders2019 said:

Not in lineup again today. Thought I heard this weekend for an activation?

He will be in the lineup starting tomorrow since he can be the DH then...

• Like 2
4 hours ago, Smallball said:

It’s actually brilliant from the teams aspect, perfect timing for a DH but terrible for fantasy owners. 

What do you think happens after his 3 days of DH 

Not sure what exactly they are doing with him.  Seems strange to allow him to hit if he is still having trouble throwing.  Whatever muscles are strained and causing his throwing problems will still be heavily active with the batting motion, and seemingly  putting him at risk for re-injury.

21 minutes ago, soccerphysio said:

Not sure what exactly they are doing with him.  Seems strange to allow him to hit if he is still having trouble throwing.  Whatever muscles are strained and causing his throwing problems will still be heavily active with the batting motion, and seemingly  putting him at risk for re-injury.

You do realize that Ohtani batted a full season (before he could throw) after going under the knife right?