NBC Sports Edge Forums

Juan Soto 2021 Outlook

9 minutes ago, jmcampbe11 said:

You do realize that Ohtani batted a full season (before he could throw) after going under the knife right? 

And you do realize that was for his UCL, completely different mechanics and stresses.  UCL typically does not cause any issues with batting.

• Like 1
  • Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You guys worry too much.  Remember when everyone panicked last year that he was going to miss the season with Covid? Anyways Soto reminds me of when I owned Miguel Cabrera some years ago when he

... Juan Soto is the guy on the right.

In RF. A great sign.

Posted Images

Just now, soccerphysio said:

And you do realize that was for his UCL, completely different mechanics and stresses.  UCL typically does not cause any issues with batting.

I'm sure they have a team of doctors evaluating Soto and determining what's best for him. And the Nats don't have a history or rushing back players. I'm sure this is just there way of easing him back and I really wouldn't read too much into it. 

1 minute ago, jmcampbe11 said:

I'm sure they have a team of doctors evaluating Soto and determining what's best for him. And the Nats don't have a history or rushing back players. I'm sure this is just there way of easing him back and I really wouldn't read too much into it. 

Agreed, it just seems very strange.  I don’t remember a team ever bringing a position player back from IL who couldn’t throw yet, especially in the NL without a DH. 

5 minutes ago, jmcampbe11 said:

https://districtondeck.com/2012/06/18/impatience-kills-rushing-back-injured-players-hurts-the-nationals/

1 hour ago, mevins31 said:

What do you think happens after his 3 days of DH 

I think he plays. My read on the situation is that Soto wanted to be with the team but the doctors didn’t think we was ready so they made a compromise. 
This plan bought the a extra week of resting his arm but I thinks he’s back next week. 

• Like 1
18 minutes ago, jfazz23 said:

is he definitively Dh'ing against the yanks?

Obviously we have to wait until the lineups come out, but I would venture to guess that he will be DHing this weekend...  The Nats offense is beyond terrible right now...

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Fbaseballgod said:

Statcast has him as the second most unlucky hitter in the majors so far 🧐 

Yeah, gotta think a hot streak will come sooner than later.  Who is the first most unlucky hitter so far?

7 minutes ago, TripleShortOfACycle said:

I know he just came back a week ago but is he ever going to get hot? Very disappointed in him so far 

Yes. This is possiblity the most comfortable I've ever been with a fantasy prediction.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
18 minutes ago, TripleShortOfACycle said:

I know he just came back a week ago but is he ever going to get hot? Very disappointed in him so far 

No. You should try to trade him away for any over performing player while you still can. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Every year we get the guys who expect nothing but Ted Williams from their first rounder every at-bat.

Every year we tell them to be patient.  Every, Single, Year.

Be patient.

• Like 5
2 minutes ago, Smallball said:

Every year we get the guys who expect nothing but Ted Williams from their first rounder every at-bat.

Every year we tell them to be patient.  Every, Single, Year.

Be patient.

But...what if the player in question has been comped to Ted Williams?

• Haha 1
1 minute ago, BMcP said:

But...what if the player in question has been comped to Ted Williams?

Well, then he has to hit a HR every game.

• Thanks 1
2 hours ago, TripleShortOfACycle said:

Your right I should be ecstatic about a career high ground ball rate and an OPS of .803 from my number 4 pick overall   

Exactly. That's why I said you should trade him NOW. You should completely reassess and judge a player using a 45 day sample size and ignore the rest of his career. Recency bias is the gospel.