Jump to content
NBC Sports EDGE Forums

Juan Soto 2021 Outlook


Hanghow
 Share

Recommended Posts

4 hours ago, jmcampbe11 said:

Exactly. That's why I said you should trade him NOW. You should completely reassess and judge a player using a 45 day sample size and ignore the rest of his career. Recency bias is the gospel. 

45-day?  Dude has missed practically half the season so far!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Overlord said:

Counting stats don't seem to be there and has battled injuries and bad luck.

Are we thinking he returns top five, or even first round, value this season?

Yes 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, Overlord said:

Counting stats don't seem to be there and has battled injuries and bad luck.

Are we thinking he returns top five, or even first round, value this season?

We think “yes.”

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...

He’s been pretty much the most unlucky hitter in baseball and still has a 400 OBP and a 282 BA (which may as well be 300 with the BA deflation this year).  Sure he’s been a “disappointment” so far but there’s been wildly more disappointing and more importantly wildly more concerning players 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

33 minutes ago, TripleShortOfACycle said:

Would be nice for just 1 hot streak before the season ends. What a disappointment

These next 4 months are gonna blow your mind.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Soto is my favorite MLB player and I drafted him at 3rd over Tatis, I'm starting to regret that decision. What's going on is he still hurt or is the lineup behind him killing him?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, Fbaseballgod said:

I think it’s kinda funny that even when he’s “slumping” he has a 400 OBP with a 800+ OPS 😂 

Same thing with Mookie, although there is injury to be concerned about there. But when a guy is producing an .800 OPS without really breaking a sweat you know good times are ahead. Despite being really terrible thus far, the Washington offense is much better than they have shown and are starting to click a little recently.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Fbaseballgod said:

I think it’s kinda funny that even when he’s “slumping” he has a 400 OBP with a 800+ OPS 😂 

 

grey from razzball thought he was still hurt and came back soon....mayhaps he is just now getting to 100%(or close)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 3 weeks later...
8 minutes ago, bluefrogguy said:

Anyone frustrated with him, send him and his statcast page my way. 

Problem is that a ton of the guys who underperform their Statcast numbers are guys who are vulnerable to the shift and, well, Soto has been very vulnerable to the shift.

https://blogs.fangraphs.com/the-complicated-mix-thats-hurting-juan-soto/

And dear god, one of the commenters on the article pointed out that both his Home/Away and Day/Night splits are absurd and they're right. I wonder what would be causing that or if it's just a small sample size. He is significantly worse at home and in day games this year.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Hanghow said:

 

And dear god, one of the commenters on the article pointed out that both his Home/Away and Day/Night splits are absurd and they're right. I wonder what would be causing that or if it's just a small sample size. He is significantly worse at home and in day games this year.

Sounds like a guy who likes to party the night away when he's home!

  • Like 3
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, Hanghow said:

Problem is that a ton of the guys who underperform their Statcast numbers are guys who are vulnerable to the shift and, well, Soto has been very vulnerable to the shift.

https://blogs.fangraphs.com/the-complicated-mix-thats-hurting-juan-soto/

And dear god, one of the commenters on the article pointed out that both his Home/Away and Day/Night splits are absurd and they're right. I wonder what would be causing that or if it's just a small sample size. He is significantly worse at home and in day games this year.

Sure if the groundball tendencies worry and you prefer/ can get another top 5 hitter for him, go for it. But he's still walking more than striking out and hitting the ball hard. I wouldn't overthink him too much.  He's a prime target for a second half rebound for me.  

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, jfazz23 said:

hes literally killed my offense this year.  i know i know be patients.  its the summer solstice...its not april 25th anymore.  hes a tremendous bust 

The guy is still one of the top offensive guys in the league despite his struggles.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...