NBC Sports EDGE Forums

Juan Soto 2021 Outlook

Hanghow

1 minute ago, Hanghow said:

Just a cramp per Davey Martinez. 3+ hour game today in 95 degree heat so makes sense...

Good lord I hope so, but the way managers have been this year he could've gotten decapitated in CF and they'd say he has a neck abrasion. 

• Haha 1

40 minutes ago, Hanghow said:

Just a cramp per Davey Martinez. 3+ hour game today in 95 degree heat so makes sense...

As folks age into their advanced years stuff like cramps are just going to be more frequent.

Nothing unusual here, folks.

• Haha 4

They were up by a lot at the time so hopefully just a cramp because hammy injuries can linger for a long long time. He had also just stolen 2 bases so maybe that had something to do with it as well 🤞

• 3 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Ujohnnie said:

Maybe the HR Derby fixed his swing

That's exactly what happened, he even said he went into that Derby looking to alter his swing for the second half. He's going beastmode and I expect him to be a top 5-10 guy ROS.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Daytraders2019 said:

Prime time Miggy Cabrera with some speed for the next 8-10 years. Still more walks than strikeouts. Argument for best hitter in baseball overall let alone rest of season. 

🌎 👨🔫 👨 

2 minutes ago, Backdoor Slider said:

Is .301/.933 OPS good?

Of course.  Juan Soto is the best hitter in the league and always has been.  And he will be for the next 20 years.   Loved taking heat from people on here and reddit though for saying he was still my #1 dynasty asset (in any format) during his slump

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Fbaseballgod said:

Of course.  Juan Soto is the best hitter in the league and always has been.  And he will be for the next 20 years.   Loved taking heat from people on here and reddit though for saying he was still my #1 dynasty asset (in any format) during his slump

(Looks forward to MVP age-42 season avidly)

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

On 6/28/2021 at 3:16 PM, collucho said:

Just so you guys know....I'm not worried.

If you guys had just aligned your minds with this absolute fantasy guru you'd have a few more hairs on your heads. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, jfazz23 said:

Vladimir Guerrero Jr. Stats, News, Bio | ESPN

No, I don’t consider him to be a generational hitter.  Generational to me, at least, means literally once in a generation (20-30 years) type of players.  Vlad is good but isn’t HISTORIC in the way trout and even Soto already has been with his plate discipline and results by age