NBC Sports Edge Forums

Jaren Jackson Jr 2020-2021 Outlook

Didn't see a thread on this guy so thought I'd make one.

How are we feeling about triple J this year? Obviously he's gonna be out for a little bit but his upside as a shot blocking 3 point shooter has always been huge. If he can learn to rebound a bit better he'd be a top tier asset. Where are you targeting him this year?

• Replies 433
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I’m not convinced JJJ actually exists. 

people stop bumping this thread if you don't have any injury updates.  You're killin me.

1 hour ago, fabrar said:

Didn't see a thread on this guy so thought I'd make one.

How are we feeling about triple J this year? Obviously he's gonna be out for a little bit but his upside as a shot blocking 3 point shooter has always been huge. If he can learn to rebound a bit better he'd be a top tier asset. Where are you targeting him this year?

Fun fact: he actually grew up taller 3 inches since last season 😄 👀

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I'm torn on this guy because his injury happened towards the end of the bubble play in games (he had surgery back in... September? Early October?) and he still sounds far off from touching the court. He sits there in the 70s and 80s waiting to be picked up in my mock drafts only to watch him slide to some auto drafter. They also have Brandon Clarke who could hold the line for the foreseeable future and would probably use that as incentive to keep JJJ on a longer recovery period... 

On 12/15/2020 at 7:55 PM, thusanaysayer said:

I was under the impression he would be back early Jan, I must have misread it.  I already drafted him so I am all in 

Idk where I heard early Jan, but that’s what I was under the impression of as well. Been drafting him in mocks around the 6th round or so. Draft coming up in a couple of days and I will probably continuing grabbing him there unless I hear he’s out way longer. 

his skill set is a fantasy goldmine. He just needs to get healthy 

Damn i avoided him and porz during mock drafts all week.. then realize drafting 9th round pick sucks.. missed out on good players.. had no choice to really pick him in 6th round to stash his upside was too good to pass down for centre / forwards with his ability in later rounds. 

21 minutes ago, Monkeyking69 said:

Damn i avoided him and porz during mock drafts all week.. then realize drafting 9th round pick sucks.. missed out on good players.. had no choice to really pick him in 6th round to stash his upside was too good to pass down for centre / forwards with his ability in later rounds. 

Meaning what? You drafted him in the 6th round and later regretted it because you weren't able to identify any talented players in the 9th round?

24 minutes ago, MrCantaloupe said:

Meaning what? You drafted him in the 6th round and later regretted it because you weren't able to identify any talented players in the 9th round?

**** i meant i had the 9th pick in this years draft, so I was limited on availability of certain players. 

• tonycpsu changed the title to Jaren Jackson Jr 2020-2021 Outlook
4 minutes ago, DonutGiveUp said:

Anyone see any news on his return? Ja might be out long term they need JJJ back soon. I have heard MLK day but theres been zero updates

I heard the announcement teams mention January 18th during one of the broadcast, and also keeping seeing that date pop up here and there. Bbm has him 1/14 return date, so prob around 3 more weeks.

• Like 3
24 minutes ago, IDatDude said:

I heard the announcement teams mention January 18th during one of the broadcast, and also keeping seeing that date pop up here and there. Bbm has him 1/14 return date, so prob around 3 more weeks.

Too bad he could be feasting right now but not too far off

Would it be worth passing on the unrealized upside of Wiseman for JJJ? Have a hungry Warriors fan in my league that essentially just offered me him in a 1-for-1 deal (with 1 IR spot). Wonder how the Morant injury will affect him, have to think it will raise his usage but may lead to less open looks.

Edited by Olliemets
31 minutes ago, Olliemets said:

Would it be worth passing on the unrealized upside of Wiseman for JJJ? Have a hungry Warriors fan in my league that essentially just offered me him in a 1-for-1 deal (with 1 IR spot). Wonder how the Morant injury will affect him, have to think it will raise his usage but may lead to less open looks.

Take it and run. JJJ is proven, Wiseman will be brought along slowly. No comparison

• Like 1
3 hours ago, squidthunder said:

Really hoping for some updated news on JJJ - especially with the recent update about KP out there today.

Yep - Grizz are terrible with providing updates or timelines on injured players, we’ll probably find out his playing on the day he’s back 🤷‍♂️

Edited by bkw77
  • Like 2