Jaren Jackson Jr 2020-2021 Outlook

• Replies 485
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I’m not convinced JJJ actually exists. 

5 fouls in 13 mins. Yep.. he's definitely back!

36 minutes ago, DonutGiveUp said:

His tweets are all weird AF 

Reading between the lines it’s probably a case of he thinks he’s ready to go/ramp up to be ready sooner rather then later and they keep holding him back 

2 minutes ago, beejay6020 said:

Reading between the lines it’s probably a case of he thinks he’s ready to go/ramp up to be ready sooner rather then later and they keep holding him back 

For sure thinking same. Probably roaring to go and looking at his dance moves recently dude looks fine 

• Like 1

Its safe to say JJJ is not the one imposing these restrictions. Its the organization that is protecting their investment. Its obviously annoying that he's out but attacking him personally is not the wave. As for managers, if he's your win condition then you're going to be in a bit of trouble

• Like 2

I mean, he could sit an extra month or two in a season when the Grizzlies are not in serious contention for anything beyond a first round playoff exit, or he could start to go down the road Kemba Walker and many others have taken in regards to their knees (keeping in mind that he’ll likely be 7” 275lb in 5-6 years). 

I know he’s just 21 and wants to play, but since when do you guys ever side with a 21 year old vs an expert on anything lol. 

2 minutes ago, Bernard said:

Is it time to pick him up again... no IR spots. Posted the same message in the Nurk thread today... thinking of picking them both. Could use some big man for playoffs. Any updates on JJJ? Suggestions?

No updates - Memphis are horrible in providing accurate information

• Like 1

https://www.grizzlybearblues.com/2021/2/24/22297393/gbb-roundtable-levels-of-concern-memphis-grizzlies-ja-morant-justise-winslow-jaren-jackson-jr-nba

Like some of have already said, the organization is taking the safe route with their star player. This is still a young Grizzlies team and it doesn't make sense for them to rush JJJ back. We've seen other players coming back too early with this same injury (torn meniscus) only to either reinjure or not look like the same player. The good news is they are still only 2 games out of playoff contention and have played the least amount of games out of all the teams. (6 games PPD which will be made up sometime in the 2nd half) 

• Like 1
33 minutes ago, Bernard said:

As someone who's been holding JJJ since the beginning, be careful. He was "supposed" to be back by MLK day and that never happened. And to be honest, the added games and B2B options will hurt his return to the court 

• Like 2
1 minute ago, squidthunder said:

As someone who's been holding JJJ since the beginning, be careful. He was "supposed" to be back by MLK day and that never happened. And to be honest, the added games and B2B options will hurt his return to the court 

True, he probably will miss a lot of games while resting if he returns. For Nurk im less afraid about missing b2b's. Ill wait for a clearers update about JJJ's return.

41 minutes ago, Bernard said:

True, he probably will miss a lot of games while resting if he returns. For Nurk im less afraid about missing b2b's. Ill wait for a clearers update about JJJ's return.

My master plan is to hopefully grab Nurk for Monday. Fingers crossed I can get thru this week's matchup with a W and I'll burn one of my stream spots on Nurk. Like most people, going to be interesting trying to manage matchups with one IR spot ( and having Nurk, JJJ and the mysterious Porzingis on my squad).

But I believe Nurk is far more safer than JJJ for playing time - but JJJ gives you those elite level blocks and 3 from your center position (what Porzingis is supposed to be doing for my squad lol)

1 hour ago, squidthunder said:

The b2b won't hurt his return at all. If he used to have 3 games in a week and a 4th game gets added which he sits, he'll still have 3 games in the week.