NBC Sports EDGE Forums

Jaren Jackson Jr 2020-2021 Outlook

fabrar

18 minutes ago, beejay6020 said:

im the same, 3 more weeks then playoffs. at best hed be back ramping up with limitations in the most crucial games of the year. ill leave him on my IR and see where my rosters at - he might be able to be used as a blocks streamer at the very least 

Yeah, makes sense for you.

I'm in a weekly league with no IR slots so I had to drop him. Cant put him in IR slot, too much of a risk to put him in a lineup considering all the B2B games Grizzlies will play.

As time progresses, I’m thinking it might be best to drop this guy soon. I feel like when he’s back, he’ll produce enough per game to make it difficult to drop him, but also miss enough games to make it a negative in the playoffs.

• Thanks 1

On 3/17/2021 at 5:08 PM, Apollo_87 said:

As time progresses, I’m thinking it might be best to drop this guy soon. I feel like when he’s back, he’ll produce enough per game to make it difficult to drop him, but also miss enough games to make it a negative in the playoffs.

Only reason I’m holding is because blocks are so scarce this year. There’s around 45 guys averaging 20 points a game. There are only 12 averaging 1.6 blocks a game. 

• Like 1

On 3/17/2021 at 4:08 PM, Apollo_87 said:

I was thinking that too. But the Grizz have said that they only want him back when he's 100% and can handle decent minutes without potential for re-injury. For a similar comparison, they took their time with WInslow and he's played basically every game with sizeable minutes since he came back.

Of course, JJJ and Winslow had different injuries, and JJJ is one of the franchise cornerstones. But still, something to think about.

Edited by In Spades
  • Like 1

29 minutes ago, Apollo_87 said:

Wow, just wow. With most fantasy playoffs starting mid-April, guess this should be the mail in the coffin.

“mail in the coffin” 

Lol, jk I new you meant to say nail.

8 minutes ago, DonutGiveUp said:

I mean it doesn't say April 2021 so maybe surprise is April 2025? 

It doesn’t say what he is returning to either. Maybe JJJ is stuck on a cruise in the Indian Ocean waiting to cross the Suez Canal and Kleiman heard that they’ll get the ship unstuck soon.

• Haha 2