Jaren Jackson Jr 2020-2021 Outlook

• Replies 485
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I’m not convinced JJJ actually exists. 

5 fouls in 13 mins. Yep.. he's definitely back!

22 minutes ago, mchspd3 said:

Do you think Morant injury will change the timeline?

Yes I think it could push it back another week or more. Memphis is likely now shooting for a top 3 pick in the draft, meaning they are going to take their time with injured players and likely do more resting of players than before the Morant injury. Maybe they trade a vet or two as well. 

On 1/1/2021 at 3:19 PM, psman2 said:

Yes I think it could push it back another week or more. Memphis is likely now shooting for a top 3 pick in the draft, meaning they are going to take their time with injured players and likely do more resting of players than before the Morant injury. Maybe they trade a vet or two as well. 

I doubt they tank hard. They made the play in last year and only 13 games will have been played by the 18th. They are going to want to see how Ja, JJJ, and the other pieces all fit together. If Ja was out a couple months, maybe, but 3-5 weeks is nothing.

• Like 2
56 minutes ago, Eltoro said:

I doubt they tank hard. They made the play in last year and only 13 games will have been played by the 18th. They are going to want to see how Ja, JJJ, and the other pieces all fit together. If Ja was out a couple months, maybe, but 3-5 weeks is nothing.

You can't trust Memphis with players returning from injury.  Anybody who has owned JJJ the past 2 seasons can attest to that.

They've previously been really conservative with bringing back JJJ from injuries and if the teams record stinks by the time Morant is ready to return, which very well could be the case, then they won't rush either Morant or JJJ back not to mention they'll probably be strict with the amount of playing time the guys get for their first few games.  JJJ especially is probably going to be on a mins limit for something like the first 5-10 games and he might not crack 25+mpg until Feb.

Teams Memphis play in Jan: Laker x2, Cavs x2, Nets, Minnesota x2, Philly, Suns, Blazers x2, Kings x2, Bulls and then Spurs.  That's a reasonably forgiving schedule but without Morant I could see them losing all of those bar Minnesota if KAT is still out, maybe a Cavs game and the Bulls game.

1 hour ago, ComeOnAndSlam said:

You can't trust Memphis with players returning from injury.  Anybody who has owned JJJ the past 2 seasons can attest to that.

They've previously been really conservative with bringing back JJJ from injuries and if the teams record stinks by the time Morant is ready to return, which very well could be the case, then they won't rush either Morant or JJJ back not to mention they'll probably be strict with the amount of playing time the guys get for their first few games.  JJJ especially is probably going to be on a mins limit for something like the first 5-10 games and he might not crack 25+mpg until Feb.

Teams Memphis play in Jan: Laker x2, Cavs x2, Nets, Minnesota x2, Philly, Suns, Blazers x2, Kings x2, Bulls and then Spurs.  That's a reasonably forgiving schedule but without Morant I could see them losing all of those bar Minnesota if KAT is still out, maybe a Cavs game and the Bulls game.

Yep I think Memphis's record could easily be something like 5-19 at the end of January without Ja. By the 18th they could simply push JJJ's return for awhile until Ja is closer to his return date. As a Memphis fan the playoffs were a long shot with the West getting even stronger at the bottom this year. Securing a top 5 pick is likely the goal now and would set up our franchise for a long time if Ja and JJJ become the players we think they are. We would still be plenty of minutes and games for Ja and JJJ to develop while tanking away the season with rest and minute restrictions.

10 hours ago, psman2 said:

Yep I think Memphis's record could easily be something like 5-19 at the end of January without Ja. By the 18th they could simply push JJJ's return for awhile until Ja is closer to his return date. As a Memphis fan the playoffs were a long shot with the West getting even stronger at the bottom this year. Securing a top 5 pick is likely the goal now and would set up our franchise for a long time if Ja and JJJ become the players we think they are. We would still be plenty of minutes and games for Ja and JJJ to develop while tanking away the season with rest and minute restrictions.

Not sure how they could be 5-19 when they only play 20 games by the end of January. There are some weak teams in the mix too, like the Cavs twice and the Twolves (probably without KAT) twice. 

Maybe they tank, but the season just started. I just can’t see them holding back their young stars in a key developmental year. Not for a meniscus and a sprained ankle.

• Like 4
2 hours ago, Eltoro said:

Not sure how they could be 5-19 when they only play 20 games by the end of January. There are some weak teams in the mix too, like the Cavs twice and the Twolves (probably without KAT) twice. 

Maybe they tank, but the season just started. I just can’t see them holding back their young stars in a key developmental year. Not for a meniscus and a sprained ankle.

Sorry miss counted by still something like 5-15 is very likely. Its the same reason why Curry took for ever to come back from a broken hand. Opportunity cost.10+ less games of Ja and JJJ development is worth securing a top five pick in this draft. You add a potential 3rd star through the draft to this core and you could be set for a 6-8 year window of contenting. Getting pick 10 and bounced in a play game is not worth forgoing the better pick.

I have JJJ in several leagues and I hope this is not true but as someone sitting in Memphis right now this is the likely reality. 

Edited by psman2
added more detail

End of January guaranteed, Grizzlies are the worst when it comes to releasing news. Positive is that he has been travelling with the team and moving well 

Edited by DonutGiveUp
23 minutes ago, DonutGiveUp said:

End of January guaranteed, Grizzlies are the worst when it comes to releasing news. Positive is that he has been travelling with the team and moving well 

Let's think about this for a sec. Why would somebody put a guarantee on a post? Hmm, very interesting.

Here's the way I see it. Guy puts a fancy guarantee on a post 'cause he wants you to feel all warm and toasty inside. Ya figure you put that little post under your pillow at night, the Guarantee Fairy might come by and leave a quarter, am I right?

The point is, how do you know the fairy isn't a crazy glue sniffer? "Building model airplanes" says the little fairy, well, we're not buying it. He sneaks into the forum once, that's all it takes. The next thing you know, there's money missing off the dresser and your daughter's knocked up, I seen it a hundred times.

Hey, If you want me to take a dump in a post and mark it guaranteed, I will. I got spare time. But for now, for your fantasy team's sake, for your daughter's sake, ya might want to think about reading a quality post from me.

Edited by MrCantaloupe
  • Haha 4
1 minute ago, MrCantaloupe said:

Let's think about this for a sec. Why would somebody put a guarantee on a post? Hmm, very interesting.

Here's the way I see it. Guy puts a fancy guarantee on a post 'cause he wants you to feel all warm and toasty inside. Ya figure you put that little post under your pillow at night, the Guarantee Fairy might come by and leave a quarter, am I right?

The point is, how do you know the fairy isn't a crazy glue sniffer? "Building model airplanes" says the little fairy, well, we're not buying it. He sneaks into the forum once, that's all it takes. The next thing you know, there's money missing off the dresser and your daughter's knocked up, I seen it a hundred times.

Hey, If you want me to take a dump in a post and mark it guaranteed, I will. I got spare time. But for now, for your fantasy team's sake, for your daughter's sake, ya might want to think about reading a quality post from me.

Dude lay off the drugs please

I just don't understand how Porzingis who underwent surgery in OCTOBER is nearing a return, yet JJJ underwent surgery in AUGUST and still no news?!!! He's younger and less injury prone than KP, I would've expected him to return sooner.

4 minutes ago, Shyke said:

I just don't understand how Porzingis who underwent surgery in OCTOBER is nearing a return, yet JJJ underwent surgery in AUGUST and still no news?!!! He's younger and less injury prone than KP, I would've expected him to return sooner.

One’s a Donkey and one’s a Unicorn. 

• Haha 2
1 hour ago, Shyke said:

They have pretty much the same injury, but have chosen different medical procedures. JJJ's better long-term, but it requires longer period to heal. Nevertheless, I believe we will see JJJ on the court this month.

DISCLAIMER: I have googled for about half an hour details of their injuries, so you can say I'm an expert :D  /s

Edited by BenSimmons25
4 minutes ago, BenSimmons25 said:

They have pretty much the same injury, but have chosen different medical procedures. JJJ's better long-term, but it requires longer period to heal. Nevertheless, I believe we will see JJJ on the court this month.

DISCLAIMER: I have googled for about half an hour details of their injuries, so you can say I'm an expert :D  /s

They both had the same procedure. Memphis is just being more conservative with their young guy I guess. I do expect JJJ to be back within the next two weeks however.

• Like 2
1 hour ago, Shyke said:

Because Dallas wants to make the playoffs and Memphis protects its players with kiddie gloves

• Like 1