NBC Sports Edge Forums

Jaren Jackson Jr 2020-2021 Outlook

8 minutes ago, L3onD said:

I actually think he's gonna smash this season, I don't know why, I just have a hunch he's going to step out this season

21ppg, 6rpg, 2.5 stocks

I doubt he can avg 20 ppg,he maybe still a foul prone that will limit his playing time,also Dillon Brooks is a chucker that love to shoot

• Replies 485
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I’m not convinced JJJ actually exists. 

5 fouls in 13 mins. Yep.. he's definitely back!

2 hours ago, Simsanityy179 said:

We still using inflated bubble stats in do or die situations to project future stats? 

Followed it with this. Widen your gaze my man

8 hours ago, indigorivers said:

Small sample size, but if thats any indication of how they want to use him then i'd gladly take an approximation of that.

26 minutes ago, kane said:

I doubt he can avg 20 ppg,he maybe still a foul prone that will limit his playing time,also Dillon Brooks is a chucker that love to shoot

understood but its his third year, he's their second piece of the puzzle and I can probably see him playing center in near future since he's now officially 7 foot or a lil bit over (and between 230-250, dude looks really strong)...JV is good and he's gonna stay there until his contract ends but JJJ is their franchise piece and undoubtedly a future in-contention-for-DPOY kind of guy plus dude has an amazing stroke and can take it to the rack at will as he has showed in both seasons (learning curve is still in progress)...foul trouble is currently his main issue but with great defensive intangibles, he's gonna get rid of that very very soon so anywhere between 18-21ppg this season is expected of him

Edited by L3onD
  • Like 1

If he fails to average 20+ ppg, it will be a disappointment. 

3rd year progression is where a lot of players make their biggest jump. And JJJ already averaged 20 ppg in the second half of last season. FWIW, I take him over Lowry, and although top 25 is a lofty goal... he is more than capable of getting there this season. Sky is the limit on JJJ

• Like 3
16 minutes ago, Simsanityy179 said:

False.

he did average 20-5-2 for a whole month tho and then 18-5-3 during the next month...could be wrong but hes capable of repeating that

21 minutes ago, Simsanityy179 said:

False.

ok 19 ppg for 30 games dec 1 through feb 1 sub 30 min

sandwiched between gobert ayton capela drummond giannis for per game value

has shown enough for ceiling to be  alittle higher as early as this year.

probably going to take some time/pt to get back to where he was so that will skew the rankings this year.

Edited by colepenhagen
16 minutes ago, DonutGiveUp said:

Not sure what to make of it but basketball monster has removed his projected return date and has him listed questionable for January 30th 

man o man  - that would make my week

2 hours ago, DonutGiveUp said:

Not sure what to make of it but basketball monster has removed his projected return date and has him listed questionable for January 30th 

Donut give me false hope

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
4 hours ago, DonutGiveUp said:

Makes sense. They soft projected him to come back 1/22 before the postponements.

Guess this is just a matter of getting the whole team back now, he may be over his injuries woes, just covid protocols now

25 minutes ago, BenSimmons25 said:

Hate to be that guy but we have an update. Slightly negative update to be more precise:

"Taylor Jenkins says the #Grizzlies shutdown for health/safety protocols delayed the rehab work of Jaren Jackson Jr and Justise Winslow"

Yea, read the same thing. No chance he gets back this weekend (as I was hoping for lol)

• Haha 1

Grizzlies beat writer before the season said he wasn't coming back until he was 100% healthy. I'm almost certain that's within the next 2 weeks. I'm totally fine with the wait aslong as he he's 100% ready to go and will only require a ramp up from there.

• Haha 1

The lack of transparency in Memphis has been frustrating, to say the least. "We've been taking a big picture approach," Jenkins said. "We want to make sure these guys, when they come back, are fully healthy and they're able to sustain that good health for many years to come." Despite Jenkins holding back on a timetable, he did say that both players "remain on schedule" but fantasy managers are left to wonder how much longer they will have to wait. For what it's worth, JJJ said in mid-January that his return would sneak up on us. 

FFS just give us some hope!!! Why the lack of info? NBA always has to be all dramatic and sh**

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
3 hours ago, DonutGiveUp said:

The lack of transparency in Memphis has been frustrating, to say the least. "We've been taking a big picture approach," Jenkins said. "We want to make sure these guys, when they come back, are fully healthy and they're able to sustain that good health for many years to come." Despite Jenkins holding back on a timetable, he did say that both players "remain on schedule" but fantasy managers are left to wonder how much longer they will have to wait. For what it's worth, JJJ said in mid-January that his return would sneak up on us. 

FFS just give us some hope!!! Why the lack of info? NBA always has to be all dramatic and sh**

Memphis are the worse at injury transparency and updates/timetables, just need to hang in there and hope JJJ is back soon (hopefully in the next two weeks!)

• Like 1