NBC Sports Edge Forums

Colin Sexton 2020-2021 Outlook

Had a much-improved sophomore season, averaging 20/3/3 with a steal and couple of 3s with excellent %s. Obviously he won't really contribute to assists as a guard but imo he's a great mid-round pick if you're punting dimes. Provides great scoring without hurting your fg/ft cats which is sometimes rare in these mid-round guards. I'll be targeting him around round 7-8 if I end up in a punt-assist build or just need a solid, efficient scorer.

• Like 1
  • Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hasn’t missed a beat.  I don’t think this dude’s a sell high, more like a budding star in the league that’s stuck in a small market and not getting enough recognition. 

This man is now the proud father of three.

Unfortunately, not the first time I was denied tons of sex in the last moment

Posted Images

With the updated rankings we have no choice but to target him in the 7-8th round (DAMNIT). I still see some value in that though so it's ok. I mean i'd rather do that then waste a 2nd or 3rd round pick on Donovan Mitchell tbh. Definitely picking him for his efficient scoring. Keep in mind though that he's a slow starter.

From 12-23-19 to 3-10-20

Donovan Mitchel
Rank -  65 | 34 gp | 34.0 mpg | 23.4 ppg | 2.7 3's | 4.1 rpg | 4.4 apg | 1.0 spg | 0.1 bpg | 0.453 fg% | 0.869 ft%

Collin Sexton
Rank - 71 | 36 gp | 35.1 mpg | 23.3 ppg | 2.0 3's | 3.3 rpg | 3.4 apg | 1.0 spg | 0.1 bpg | 0.490 fg% | 0.860 ft%

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

He averaged 4.5 assists after Drummond came over. The only problem it was a small sample size and his turnovers sky rocketed too. His last 16 game stretch showed he probably will improve his passing though as he averaged 4.5 assists per game and 2.2 threes on 50 fg%. I expect his points, assists, and threes to go up, but his turnovers will take a hit.

3 hours ago, jay_00 said:

He averaged 4.5 assists after Drummond came over. The only problem it was a small sample size and his turnovers sky rocketed too. His last 16 game stretch showed he probably will improve his passing though as he averaged 4.5 assists per game and 2.2 threes on 50 fg%. I expect his points, assists, and threes to go up, but his turnovers will take a hit.

That still sounds like a baby Donovan Mitchell in the mid rounds. I'm reaching at 6th.

13 hours ago, hornrimmed_rambis said:

He just went at #109 in the Rotoworld draft of "experts," behind luminaries like Bogdan, the other Curry, Cousins (!), Cam Reddish, and Levert. 

Fail.

A lot of these "expert" selections are downright baffling at times.. Saw one yesterday where Tatum was grabbed at 4 and Harden fell to 6 lol. Sometimes they just out-think or out-smart themselves that it becomes a detriment to their selection process.

• Haha 1
13 minutes ago, sharkpotato said:

A lot of these "expert" selections are downright baffling at times.. Saw one yesterday where Tatum was grabbed at 4 and Harden fell to 6 lol. Sometimes they just out-think or out-smart themselves that it becomes a detriment to their selection process.

Don’t call the experts please lol, they’re analysts. Only difference between them and us is they get a paycheck.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1
19 minutes ago, sharkpotato said:

You saw Josh Lloyd's Yahoo draft lol?

29 minutes ago, sharkpotato said:

Lol I know exactly the one you're talking about. I'm listening to that draft right now on Josh Lloyd's podcast. Zion went in the 3rd round in that one too, and Shai went in the top 15 I think. Some big reaches. 

I will say though- Josh's picks were great but some of the other guys had some strange choices

Edited by fabrar
  • Like 1
2 hours ago, sharkpotato said:

I saw that one as well on Josh Lloyd youtube page. I saw the first round of the roto guys draft and immediately walked away dying of laughter. They are more shockperts than experts

• Like 1
3 hours ago, My Dinner With Andre said:

Don’t call the experts please lol, they’re analysts. Only difference between them and us is they get a paycheck.

Yes, I'm sure many of us could do better than the paid experts. It would be super-fun to have a draft of 6 "celebrity analysts" and another 6 of the top posters in this forum. We could have Dr. A, Josh, Stroup. For giggles, I'd go find Bruski and Mike Gallagher and even JE Skeets (what happened to this hilarious guy?).

Bruski would pick Kyle O'Quinn first round.

And then we would destroy them, except for Josh.

• Like 1
8 hours ago, sharkpotato said:

If you actually watched the whole thing, that Boston fan actually explained that he missed the draft and the pre-set auto draft picked jayson Tatum for him. 

• tonycpsu changed the title to Colin Sexton 2020-2021 Outlook