NBC Sports EDGE Forums

Mason Plumlee 2020-2021 Outlook

On 12/24/2020 at 7:33 PM, csklmf said:

Sell high. He is not even that good, not in Denver and never again 

I don't understand why people are saying he is a sell high or passing on him.

When given minutes he is a double double threat who has really good passing and high FG%. If you can handle his inability to hit threes and FT%, he is fantasy gold.

Who is going to take his minutes? Okafor? He is a massive steal and someone i targeted throughout my drafts.

• Like 3

I looked at him from a points league perspective.

Last year, in the CBS scoring points league, he averaged 17.31 minutes a game with Den and got 17.20 fantasy points. 

So if he can increase his minutes in Det, and keep that on court efficiency, he should be a very good pickup in a points league.

Plyer

Team

PS

GP

Min

FGM

FGA

3M

3A

FTM

FTA

TR

AS

ST

TO

BK

PTS

Fpts

PtsMn

PtsGm

plumleem

det

PF

Plumlee is massively underrated. If you look at his game logs where he actually gets 30 minutes over the past few years he constantly puts up 14/8/3ish numbers with a block and high FG%.

His coach has already said he’s gonna have a bigger role than ever before and Pistons have nobody. 

Edited by alexstr
  • Like 1

• tonycpsu changed the title to Mason Plumlee 2020-2021 Outlook

I hate that I'm back on this train, but I'm gonna hold onto him as tight as possible knowing I've got at the very least a top-100 player on my hands.

Shame on me for dropping him in the first place. Shouldn't have chased upside when the upside is already right here.

Edited by Espoiral

He's always been good from an MPG perspective and purposely went to Detroit to have a bigger role.  He was balling for the Blazers before they traded him out for Nurkic a few years back (11/8/4/1/1) with good FG% and terrible FT% but on low volume.   

Well if you just roughly multiply his # FTA by 2 from last year you get around 5 free throws at 53.5% success rate. It's still pretty painful. FT Punt Andre Drummond is averaged around the same numbers last year.

I am banking on either

1) he is doing something different this year to avoid fouls

2) Teams don't even need to foul him to beat the Pistons.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, rob0403 said:

Well if you just roughly multiply his # FTA by 2 from last year you get around 5 free throws at 53.5% success rate. It's still pretty painful. FT Punt Andre Drummond is averaged around the same numbers last year.

I am banking on either

Most likely teams don’t need to foul him to beat the pistons

On 12/27/2020 at 12:53 PM, rob0403 said:

I am banking on either

I choose to believe this because it is reasonable and the most hilarious reasoning I've ever read