NBC Sports Edge Forums

Mason Plumlee 2020-2021 Outlook

On 3/25/2021 at 6:12 PM, megaplayboy said:

feel pretty good, worst thing that can happen is a shut down just make sure you pick up stewart if that's the case.

We still good with Plumlee ROS? 5/8/2 on 18 min last night, I know he had 5 fouls in the box score. Stewart played 29 min, 14/2/3 1 block. 

• Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Man just put up 8 pts, 17 reb, 2 stl, 1 blk and people are still bitching on here.   Jaysusssssss

13/9/3 with 1 stl, 1 blk, 75% FG, 87% FT Dumbass didn't even make a three, he's trash

no one's saying he's bad, but next game will be 0/0/0 on 0/0 shooting with 0 minutes

2 minutes ago, hermes97 said:

We still good with Plumlee ROS? 5/8/2 on 18 min last night, I know he had 5 fouls in the box score. Stewart played 29 min, 14/2/3 1 block. 

Yeah I'm gonna say foul trouble in this one, although with more talent on the floor it's never a good thing but Plumlee usually has 2 game duds for every 5-6 games I would see how he looks rest of the week and then make a decision. I need someone to cut anyways so I'm not too worried. 

• Like 1

He should still get 25-28 minutes for now. They need his playmaking to take pressure off the kids and help them chuck. There will be more and more resting days, and a minor injury will knock him out for the season though. 

Well now's starting to feel like the moment... questionable tonight with a concussion and the team's probably looking for any excuse to rest him (not to mention he'll miss at least one leg of this weekend's b2b).

Stewart's been playing at a lowkey near-fantasy level most of the season, so he's someone to keep an eye on while this unfolds. Shame he can't pass like plumlee, but a less hurtful FT shooter with potential to be a modest 3pm contributor. On a small sample size, he's shooting 41.7% from deep this season 😳 I wonder why he hasn't gotten more looks

Edited by mattshhh

Pistons have three games next week, their first being on Wednesday. They also have a b2b. If your playoffs start next week he's an easy drop.

• Like 1

Pistons play OKC/WAS in their b2b, he is sitting one of those games for sure. So you get two games out of him mid week when you can just stream his spot to maximize games played on Monday and Tuesday, seems like a pretty easy decision to me 🤷‍♂️

I agree that between Plumlee's impending rest days and a diminishing role when he does play, there's an argument to be made he's your lowest upside contributor moving forward. I'm in a crucial matchup this week for making playoffs so he could be the one to go. But it's very difficult to part ways with someone who's been balling out this consistently

• Like 1

stewart went off in his absence: 16 / 13 / 4 / 1 / 1 on 8/10. jerami was out too so may not be sustainable but i'm guessing he's a better value than MP from here on out

Edited by mattshhh
  • Like 1
7 hours ago, mattshhh said:

stewart went off in his absence: 16 / 13 / 4 / 1 / 1 on 8/10. jerami was out too so may not be sustainable but i'm guessing he's a better value than MP from here on out

Good stuff Matt. You lose in fantasy by staying married to a player too long. Mason served me well and will get a ring if my team wins the Championship but I had to cut him loose last night for BeefStew.  Yes Jerami was out like you said but he's fallen off a cliff last 6 weeks, if he were a star player he would be taking load maintenance days off like all the others but Motown is a good spot for Stewy right now and I think they are going to see what they have in their high draft pick.  So far, so good. You convinced me with him not playing/resting b2bs and only 3 games next week for the Pistons, Mason can go be somebody else's burden now, hopefully some chump spends some good FAAB coin on him. Thanks for your service Mason, I salute you sir!

• Like 3
On 4/9/2021 at 5:09 AM, Hangry Bird said:

Mason can go be somebody else's burden now, hopefully some chump spends some good FAAB coin on him. Thanks for your service Mason, I salute you sir!

Imagine dropping one of the most consistent mid-round bigs in fantasy after he bonks his head and misses 2 games.

🤣🤣🤣🤣 🤣

6 hours ago, alexstr said:

Imagine dropping one of the most consistent mid-round bigs in fantasy after he bonks his head and misses 2 games.

🤣🤣🤣🤣 🤣

Minutes in his last 3 games: 21, 20, 17

ROS schedule: 3 4 3 5 3 games per week including 4 b2bs he might sit out...

Have fun with that. 

• Like 2
4 hours ago, Chrizz said:

Minutes in his last 3 games: 21, 20, 17

ROS schedule: 3 4 3 5 3 games per week including 4 b2bs he might sit out...

Have fun with that. 

Thanks for highlighting ROS schedule. I don't roster him but it is good info and perspective.

hmm with rests and low numbers I think I will be joining the drop crew. as much as it hurts to drop a guy with so much potential for numbers, the 5 game week is potentially another 3-er

• Like 2
1 minute ago, alexstr said:

13/6/7 on 100% FG and 100% FT.

Put some respek on this man's name

no one's saying he's bad, but next game will be 0/0/0 on 0/0 shooting with 0 minutes

• Haha 4
Just now, jehob said:

I feel this only applies to weeklies. 

I'm in a roto so I'd rather have Plumdog Millionaire minus back to backs than some waiver wire stiff.

46 minutes ago, Racks11479 said:

Why even play plumlee anymore?! I mean... he’s killing it when he’s on the floor. But you’re supposed to be tanking... smh

Because Dwayne Casey. It's ok bro, we've been burned like that too.