NBC Sports EDGE Forums

Kyrie Irving 2020-2021 Outlook

3 minutes ago, bbythepier said:

People are in the Harden thread worried about a big 3 😂

“If need be” in order to accomplish what? What’s his beef?

Edit: he’s mad they didn’t ask him about Nash? Sounds like he thinks he should have LBJ-levels of control over the franchise. 

Edited by claptondecheeks

14 minutes ago, claptondecheeks said:

Edit: he’s mad they didn’t ask him about Nash? Sounds like he thinks he should have LBJ-levels of control over the franchise. 

Source?

23 minutes ago, claptondecheeks said:

Maybe he just found out that Earth is actually round and needs to sit out a year to deal with this new knowledge.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

1 hour ago, Brandayz said:

Source?

Check the last couple of posts before mine. 

1 hour ago, hardyharhar said:

Who would even trade for him at this point

Send him to the Magic for Vuc, Ross, and whatever. I think Kyrie wants a team he can walk all over and they need a marquee name. 

2 minutes ago, claptondecheeks said:

What would it take to get Kyrie away from you guys? A top-50 guy? Top-40? Can’t imagine you get 2nd round or even 3rd round value for him right now. 

cant trade him because u wont get equal value. When he plays he has put up top 10 numbers.

5 minutes ago, claptondecheeks said:

Yeah but what good does that do you if he doesn’t play? Getting Simmons is bad value but that’s better than getting zeros from Kyrie. 

im just hoping he comes to his senses and plays. He has a great opportunity to win a championship.

When is Kyrie going to become IR eligible? Even if he reports back as soon as I finish typing this, he will almost certainly be subjected to quarantine protocol. The guy is literally AWOL. Do we need to wait for "official word" from the team or league before I'm able to at least stash him and pick up somebody else? 

EDIT: He is eligible. I'm dumb. 

Edited by SenatorSpaceman
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, claptondecheeks said:

What would it take to get Kyrie away from you guys? A top-50 guy? Top-40? Can’t imagine you get 2nd round or even 3rd round value for him right now. 

Personally, I'm not going to ship him out 1 for 1. Because, as mentioned by Johnnyapplebot, you won't get fair value for him. When he plays he provides steady first round value, and it was to be expected he'd miss games (either because of injuries or because of being a whiny little POS). 

I'm looking to package him in hopes of adding some more star power, but the team I own him on is very deep and could actually do with losing 2 good players in exchange for a great one. If you drafted him in a snake draft with your 1st round pick, and you can't get a good 2nd rounder for him, I'd suggest you just hold on to him for now since his trade value is at an all time low.

• Like 1

Dude just takes days out of work whenever he wants and it started from last season. He is a bad proffesional and a bad teammate. I dont care how talented he is, he is a dumbass who doesnt care for noone other then himself and it looks the basketball is like a hobby to him now.

9 minutes ago, Totasef said:

Dude just takes days out of work whenever he wants and it started from last season. He is a bad proffesional and a bad teammate. I dont care how talented he is, he is a dumbass who doesnt care for noone other then himself and it looks the basketball is like a hobby to him now.

i think winning that championship so early in his career was a horrible moment for him. He will always be known as the guy who hit the shot to win game 7. He feels like he doesnt need to prove to anyone how clutch he is or if he can be on a championship winning team. It is a hobby to him now, its clear as day he made his millions and has more money than he can literally spend.

Honestly blame Silver. Dude has no backbone and bends over for the players like no commish I’ve ever seen. This is what happens. With Stern Kyrie would have already been suspended and given an ultimatum.

The guy just vanished while under contract and is partying during COVID and he still didn’t get any repercussions because Silver doesn’t want to hurt a players feelings. Give me a break.  

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Gohawks said:

Honestly blame Silver. Dude has no backbone and bends over for the players like no commish I’ve ever seen. This is what happens. With Stern Kyrie would have already been suspended and given an ultimatum.

The guy just vanished while under contract and is partying during COVID and he still didn’t get any repercussions because Silver doesn’t want to hurt a players feelings. Give me a break.  

True, Silver is just a puppet to these NBA stars and to make matters worse Kyrie is one of the Vice Presidents for NBPA. 

8 minutes ago, Gohawks said:

I’m not sure bc basketball contracts are so different than football contracts, but last year the Raiders were able to cut Antonio Brown without owing him the guaranteed portion of the contract because they cited conduct detrimental to the team. I think they even recouped the signing bonus.

Do NBA teams have that type of recourse when dealing with a guy like Kyrie? Can teams even fine players, or just the commish?