Jump to content
NBC Sports Edge Forums

Kyrie Irving 2020-2021 Outlook


Recommended Posts

11 minutes ago, claptondecheeks said:

I’m not sure bc basketball contracts are so different than football contracts, but last year the Raiders were able to cut Antonio Brown without owing him the guaranteed portion of the contract because they cited conduct detrimental to the team. I think they even recouped the signing bonus.


Do NBA teams have that type of recourse when dealing with a guy like Kyrie? Can teams even fine players, or just the commish?

Not sure but once Silver became commish the NBPA really cornered the league into giving them whatever the hell they want. It's insane. I just don't understand how you can let this dude get away with this for this long.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 426
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'm literally laughing... this guy's birthday is TOMORROW! he's partying this week and told nets he got a family matter hahaha. kyrie don't even care anymore you almost gotta respect the boldness. 

I dont understand how his simple azz is the only one sitting out for this when LeBron James and other ACTUAL superstars are playing. Acting like anyone gives a rats azz about him sitting out games. Th

Posted Images

16 minutes ago, claptondecheeks said:

I’m not sure bc basketball contracts are so different than football contracts, but last year the Raiders were able to cut Antonio Brown without owing him the guaranteed portion of the contract because they cited conduct detrimental to the team. I think they even recouped the signing bonus.


Do NBA teams have that type of recourse when dealing with a guy like Kyrie? Can teams even fine players, or just the commish?

I was watching ESPN First Take this morning and Stephen A Smith did mention that the Nets can basically cut Irving and void the contract since hes pretty much breaching it by deciding not to play. He did say however that the chances of the Nets doing that are slim to none because they want him back and they want him to play. However if Irving does decide to say screw it im sitting out the rest of the season, it would make sense for the Nets to cut bait because why would they want him?

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, ez2do4now said:

Wondering if he steamed he wasn't consulted on the Harden trade

Kyrie the kind of dude to retire and then get mad when the Nets don’t consult him.

So probably. 

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Kyrie clearly needs some sort of ground-breaking hormone therapy. What a basket case. Was bummed I skipped him in round one then he reminded us who he really is.

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, thornton1986 said:

What would you guys accept for Kyrie? Ben Simmons or Hayward? Those were the best offers I’ve gotten,  I’m trying to shop him

So far it's a no on 1-1 swaps for Ayton, Collins, Donovan Mitch, Jamal Murray, Ja Morant.

Also a no for Dejounte Murray/Marcus Smart 2 for 1. 

Also a no for Irving/Brooks for Ingram.

I'm out of options. I will trade him for a discount but im not gonna give him away for someone worse.......

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, mtx said:

So far it's a no on 1-1 swaps for Ayton, Collins, Donovan Mitch, Jamal Murray, Ja Morant.

Also a no for Dejounte Murray/Marcus Smart 2 for 1. 

Also a no for Irving/Brooks for Ingram.

I'm out of options. I will trade him for a discount but im not gonna give him away for someone worse.......

Try to be patient and wait it out. Definitely don't give him away. Recent reports says Kyrie is excited to get back and meet his new teammate.

Link to post
Share on other sites

we do not know for sure what is going on... and news guys are not to be 101% trusted either.

but Nets GM's recent statement is somewhat encouraging for us owners.

all above not make Kai less of a$$...

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, ez2do4now said:

Try to be patient and wait it out. Definitely don't give him away. Recent reports says Kyrie is excited to get back and meet his new teammate.

This is sage advice. When he plays, he is stellar.  Headache to own. Hopefully, those who invested weighed the risk-reward.  I believe he will come back and play.  Of course, he may retire and join the French Foreign Legion.

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I suppose the one saving grace in all of this, is that Yahoo gave him the INJ tag although he isn't injured......at least we can plonk him on IL and cover his spot in the meantime.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, DamoESP said:

I suppose the one saving grace in all of this, is that Yahoo gave him the INJ tag although he isn't injured......at least we can plonk him on IL and cover his spot in the meantime.

So I think Yahoo's just giving any player who misses 3 games the IL tag this year instead of the lingering O (assuming this change was because they expected the whole COVID protocol situation where players were out for contact tracing even when they didn't have COVID themselves). Man, I wish they'd done that last year when I had to hold John Collins.

Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, DezedandConfused said:

 

Two games checks .... that is like $900k+ less and it means nothing for him.

I cannot fathom seeing $900k coming my way let alone being nonchalant about losing it. 

Contemplate that thought for a moment. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, ez2do4now said:

Two games checks .... that is like $900k+ less and it means nothing for him.

I cannot fathom seeing $900k coming my way let alone being nonchalant about losing it. 

Contemplate that thought for a moment. 

When you make 34 million a year and make 400k a game, he wakes up and says “I can make that up in two games plus his endorsements”. He’ll be fine.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Pumbaa said:

he and Harden played everyone... 😂

think about it for a moment, how fast was trade done after Irvings' 'holiday' and Harden's presser. 😅

LOL could be true. We are all pawns. 

Then again if he suddenly tested positive for Covid to just to get out of playing Saturday, I would be unsurprised. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...