NBC Sports Edge Forums

Kyrie Irving 2020-2021 Outlook

• Replies 426
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'm literally laughing... this guy's birthday is TOMORROW! he's partying this week and told nets he got a family matter hahaha. kyrie don't even care anymore you almost gotta respect the boldness. 

I dont understand how his simple azz is the only one sitting out for this when LeBron James and other ACTUAL superstars are playing. Acting like anyone gives a rats azz about him sitting out games. Th

Posted Images

28 minutes ago, RedDogNamedClippers said:

When you make 34 million a year and make 400k a game, he wakes up and says “I can make that up in two games plus his endorsements”. He’ll be fine.

he already made over $100 million during his career just on NBA salary, probably over $200 million with his endorsement deals and he still has over $100 million in future NBA salary. 400K a game is literally (and sadly) absolutely nothing to him.

Edited by Johnnyapplebot
  • Like 1
34 minutes ago, Pumbaa said:

he and Harden played everyone... 😂

think about it for a moment, how fast was trade done after Irvings' 'holiday' and Harden's presser. 😅

Maybe, but jordan off the bench is another good conspiracy. Friends and now allen out

31 minutes ago, rob0403 said:

LOL could be true. We are all pawns. 

Then again if he suddenly tested positive for Covid to just to get out of playing Saturday, I would be unsurprised. 

if reports are true they have tested him every single day to make sure hes clean from covid so I would be surprised personally, especially since im a Nets fan and I watch all the Nets games. All the announcers kept bringing that point up.

1 hour ago, Apollo_87 said:

I doubt he plays tomorrow to be honest. But Monday is realistic.

wouldnt bother me if he didnt play tomorrow. I am just happy there is finally a light at the end of this dumb tunnel.

Ok with the 2 years he was with LeBron and Love he averaged 19.6 points 3 rebounds 4.7 assists and 25.2 points 3.2 rebounds 5.8 assists.

What are we thinking with Harden? I still believe Irving is the type of guy to tell Harden he was traded here so he should sacrifice the most.

21 minutes ago, lacit1707 said:

i am not lol.... just want a fine that actually makes these players think twice about what they do

Kyrie's a nut tho 

Fines won't work with him. Throw him in the looney bin for a nice 24 hours.

I honestly think the Nets signing Harden stunned Kyrie a little , in a good way.  To get his act together 

40 minutes ago, Johnnyapplebot said:

Ok with the 2 years he was with LeBron and Love he averaged 19.6 points 3 rebounds 4.7 assists and 25.2 points 3.2 rebounds 5.8 assists.

What are we thinking with Harden? I still believe Irving is the type of guy to tell Harden he was traded here so he should sacrifice the most.

to be honest.. i dont think he needs to. this is still durant's and kyrie's team and they are gonna be fine as #1 and #2 options.

its us harden owners who are ****** lol ^^

• Like 1
13 minutes ago, G.O.B. said:

to be honest.. i dont think he needs to. this is still durant's and kyrie's team and they are gonna be fine as #1 and #2 options.

its us harden owners who are ****** lol ^^

Yeah Harden is going to take a big usage hit. And so will Irving to a lesser extent.

KD is absolutely safe.  It's his team, he's the best player, best shooter, + his game is elite off-ball

Nash isn't stupid he will try and stagger their minutes as much as possible. 

Outside of closing crunch time minutes, when all 3 are on the court together. 

Everyone should get crazy easy looks, I mean with Joe Harris on the court , it's shooter galore.

You can't double, trap, anything. Send help and you get popped by a triple. Should be nasty

Edited by RunCMC

Why are people saying this is “Durant’s” team? We all thought it was going to be Wade’s team before he stepped back and let Lebron run the show. Durant has only played 9 games with this Nets team, and Kyrie about 40 games (from last year). How is it anybody’s team at this point? 

7 minutes ago, RedDogNamedClippers said:

Why are people saying this is “Durant’s” team? We all thought it was going to be Wade’s team before he stepped back and let Lebron run the show. Durant has only played 9 games with this Nets team, and Kyrie about 40 games (from last year). How is it anybody’s team at this point? 

becuase it will always be the best player on the teams team... which is why the torched was passed from DWade to Lebron

2 minutes ago, lacit1707 said:

becuase it will always be the best player on the teams team... which is why the torched was passed from DWade to Lebron

Durant was the best player on the Warrior team, but it was still Steph's team.

I think it varies in each instance.

Dwade passed the torch to Lebron, cause Lebron was not only the best player, but also a leader (as he's shown time and again).

Steph stayed the leader, cause he's THE guy in Golden State, and unless there was a big dip in form, noone was taking that spot.

In Brooklyn's case, I don't think it is any one player's team. Yet.

6 minutes ago, Apollo_87 said:

Dwade passed the torch to Lebron, cause Lebron was not only the best player, but also a leader (as he's shown time and again).

Steph stayed the leader, cause he's THE guy in Golden State, and unless there was a big dip in form, noone was taking that spot.

thats true... that was and will always be Stephs team since he made them what they are...

so, yea, guess it changes by scenario and in this instance, no one has been there since day 1, so its KDs team being the best player

1 minute ago, Apollo_87 said:

Reliable third round player. If you can swing a Kyrie for Christian Wood trade, that's a winnnnnner.

Tried Kyrie AND Brooks (or Burks) for Wood and the guy said no. Bad rep is bad rep.

1 hour ago, Apollo_87 said:

It is clearly Durants team no question. First, hes by far their best player, second he is a multi time champion, third he didnt quit on his team like Kyrie. Lastly, the Nets dont have a home grown/veteran franchise presence whose been called the face of the franchise. If Kyrie even attempts to call himself the face of the franchise he should get smacked. He lost that claim with his stupid move to just up and leave. If anything James Harden from the jump should endorse this team as Durants team.

They paid Durant like $30 million just to keep rehabbing last season and trust me when I tell you while last season people were excited to have Kyrie play, all of the hype was based on Durant. As soon as he signed, it was a franchise changer.

Edited by Johnnyapplebot
  • Like 1
51 minutes ago, Apollo_87 said:

Reliable third round player. If you can swing a Kyrie for Christian Wood trade, that's a winnnnnner.

You’re delusional if you think anyone is giving you Wood for Kyrie right now.