NBC Sports Edge Forums

Kyrie Irving 2020-2021 Outlook

Well at least he's not injured. If he sits out 5 games because he likes being a wierdo, then I'm cool with it. I can live with it as long as he comes back and gives me 1st round stats. My plan was to trade him when he got hot. This really threw a dent in my plans and I guess I will have to wait longer to trade him.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Replies 426
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'm literally laughing... this guy's birthday is TOMORROW! he's partying this week and told nets he got a family matter hahaha. kyrie don't even care anymore you almost gotta respect the boldness. 

I dont understand how his simple azz is the only one sitting out for this when LeBron James and other ACTUAL superstars are playing. Acting like anyone gives a rats azz about him sitting out games. Th

Posted Images

I guess if he is sitting because of Washington, then I wouldn't go so far as to say I would NEVER draft him. I guess we just assume there's an added "mental health injury" risk with Kyrie. Same as a physical injury risk we associate with Chris Paul, AD, KP, Embiid and even Kyrie haha. Definitely reduces his value, but man can't see him going beyond 3 rounds in future drafts still. 

Edited by Abhi
  • Like 1
57 minutes ago, Abhi said:

I guess if he is sitting because of Washington, then I wouldn't go so far as to say I would NEVER draft him. I guess we just assume there's an added "mental health injury" risk with Kyrie. Same as a physical injury risk we associate with Chris Paul, AD, KP, Embiid and even Kyrie haha. Definitely reduces his value, but man can't see him going beyond 3 rounds in future drafts still. 

The longer this goes on, he will certainly go past round 3 in future drafts.  There's just too many issues with this guy to count on him to be a foundation for your team.  Not only does he have a higher than usual injury risk factor, but now you have to significantly factor in the mental side which is just too hard to figure out.  Also, the mental side can impact him on the injury side as well- if you remember last year's injury, many were saying that he could have played through his shoulder injury and it was just a pain tolerance thing.  He's the type of guy who may just decide not to play though any injury at all because he is unhappy with the team overall or his personal situation so he'll use those excuses too.  Let somebody else deal with this headache, and gl to those trying to trade him . 

I really think this what happens when players earns this so much money. Nba is worse now than it was before they increase the salary structure. Like theres not much motivation anymore since they have so much money already. Even the scrubs gets so much right now. 

• Like 1

This dude has all the talent in the world... he's been listed as my DND for the last few years... i can't stand his off court antics such a prima donna .. If i was nets id flip irving so fast to houston for harden 

• Like 1

I am not a Kyrie guy at all. Never have been. I don’t have him on my team this year nor have I ever.

But for me, I think he should be given a break on this one. I know it sucks if he is on your fantasy team. I get it. But in reality he is a human being. Everybody handles things differently.

And I know he is an easy target because he does say stupid things and seems out there at times, but he shouldn’t be ridiculed for having trouble handling what happened last week. It isn’t the playoffs. His employer is allowing him to be away. What more can be said?

At least he isn’t hurt like usual.

• Like 3

What a weirdo.

Let’s say he’s sitting because of Washington. Why the hell would you not say anything? Would you not want people to know what you are protesting for? “Hey I’m not playing because of what happened at the White House because of XYZ” so the issue can get attention.

I get being upset about the entire thing but disappearing off the face of the earth over it and telling no one is not normal adult behavior. Again, that’s a big IF still. Dude could’ve vanished because he found out the earth is round and it shattered his world. Kyrie is just a ******** different breed and not in a good way.

24 minutes ago, megaplayboy said:

he's reportedly off the grid lol 

Reportedly he is turning it up in Toronto with Drake:

https://www.instagram.com/p/CJ7erbugWk0/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

His sister is turning 30 on the 12th and the vid has her blowing out a cake with "30" on it so it has to be very recent. As in like today or something.

So yeah the man just decided to bounce to party lmao. 

5 minutes ago, Gohawks said:

Reportedly he is turning it up in Toronto with Drake:

https://www.instagram.com/p/CJ7erbugWk0/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

His sister is turning 30 on the 12th and the vid has her blowing out a cake with "30" on it so it has to be very recent. As in like today or something.

So yeah the man just decided to bounce to party lmao. 

I expect nothing less from the NBPA Vice President lol.

53 minutes ago, Quazza said:

Nets apparently don't know where he is. 

It's like he's fallen off the edge of the earth ......

There is no way a flat-earther falls off the edge of the earth.

• Haha 4
11 hours ago, Monkeyking69 said:

This dude has all the talent in the world... he's been listed as my DND for the last few years... i can't stand his off court antics such a prima donna .. If i was nets id flip irving so fast to houston for harden 

LOL no one wants to touch him with a 10 foot pole. 

dont pay him

dont play him

dont even greet him at the entrance

arrange a jimmy butler visit and beat the **** outta him

Edited by L3onD
  • Haha 1

No wonder he couldn't reply to Nash. Music was too loud to notice his phone buzzing.
And did you see those sick moves on the dance floor??? He gets a pass just for that in my book. 🙄 🙄