Nerlens Noel 2020-2021 Outlook

• Replies 396
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Stocks in last 10 games played: 5, 1, 5, 3, 4, 3, 3, 5, 1, 2. StOcKs ArE GoNe

I dropped I.Q to stream Noel for blocks last night, I.Q gets 3 blocks and Noel ZERO.. LOL, it hurts less to laugh

Just wait till Obi Topping and Alec Burks come back, minutes going to go back down down down!!!

Posted Images

14 hours ago, ez2do4now said:

Great 36 per avg but I doubt he will play more than 25mins a game. 

He will average more like 10+6+1+2. Never a good rebounder.  

How is that 25 mins a game prediction going for you champ?

• Haha 2
17 hours ago, L3onD said:

dont need that kind of negativity in here...

Not being negative. Simply setting expectations. Anything more from Nerlens is gravy

4 hours ago, j3rkthenurk said:

How is that 25 mins a game prediction going for you champ?

Since you asked, 27mins 6pts, 4rebs, 2stls, 3blks. Fairly close to the 10pts, 6rebs, 1stl, 2blks

I sure hope Nerlens does well since I traded for him before game tip off

8 hours ago, ez2do4now said:

Not being negative. Simply setting expectations. Anything more from Nerlens is gravy

Since you asked, 27mins 6pts, 4rebs, 2stls, 3blks. Fairly close to the 10pts, 6rebs, 1stl, 2blks

You do know that 5 defensive stats is a huge line for anyone right? Lol. 

• Like 2

How many dudes are on a wire that can produce these elite defensive stats? Noel hurts you no where and Thibs is trusting him. Helps that they have won b2b games since he has been starting. Keep the faith brother!

• Like 1

i literally dont care if either poeltl or noel produce points for me, they can go 0/6 as long as they get me those 3blks and some steals

4 minutes ago, ovofnd said:

You do know that 5 defensive stats is a huge line for anyone right? Lol. 

yes I am fully aware that consistent defensive stats (rebounds, steals and blocks ... tell me what the other 2 are) are hard to find in the waiver wire, hence why I took a chance and traded for Nerlens prior to him playing as the starter in last night's game without knowing his minutes usage. 

As I stated on my post, I am NOT being negative but rather setting expectations.

You did say you ''doubt he plays more than 25 mins'', and yet he plays 27 mins even in foul trouble.

Your expectations were pretty bad. It was pretty apparent he was going to play more than 25 mins when the back up center is Taj Gibson...

• Like 1
9 minutes ago, ez2do4now said:

yes I am fully aware that consistent defensive stats (rebounds, steals and blocks ... tell me what the other 2 are) are hard to find in the waiver wire, hence why I took a chance and traded for Nerlens prior to him playing as the starter in last night's game without knowing his minutes usage. 

As I stated on my post, I am NOT being negative but rather setting expectations.

but everyone is already aware of his limitations....no one expects a 20-10 line, they are here for the stocks and fg%...whether he gets 5, 10 or 15 points is irrelevant, it just adds more to his value...i started benching ayton in favor of noel/poeltl (although poeltl is out for the next 4 games but you know what i mean) cause i lose out more in ayton’s inability to get defensive stats than his ability to accumulate points and boards

Edited by L3onD
  • Like 3
9 minutes ago, ez2do4now said:

2 steals + 3 blocks. 5 defensive stats.

This is worth more than a 20pt 8reb game. These are elite defensive numbers for fantasy purposes and have a ton of value. Don’t put so much weight into counting stats (pts reb ast). There are other categories to play.

• Like 2
6 hours ago, j3rkthenurk said:

You did say you ''doubt he plays more than 25 mins'', and yet he plays 27 mins even in foul trouble.

Your expectations were pretty bad. It was pretty apparent he was going to play more than 25 mins when the back up center is Taj Gibson...

Funny how you’re nitpicking over 2 minutes .... 

6 hours ago, ovofnd said:

2 steals + 3 blocks. 5 defensive stats.

This is worth more than a 20pt 8reb game. These are elite defensive numbers for fantasy purposes and have a ton of value. Don’t put so much weight into counting stats (pts reb ast). There are other categories to play.

Yes and I’ve said these stats are hard to find in the waiver wire, thus the reason I traded for him with expectations that Nerlens will conservatively produce some resemblance to past performance averages. Never did I mention points, rebs and assists as it is obvious that’s never been his forte. 

Just added him , need a center due to Poetl being out. I need steals and blocks. Let’s see how he does tonight against Vucevic. Could be in foul trouble early on. 

3 minutes ago, EsTiLO said:

Just added him , need a center due to Poetl being out. I need steals and blocks. Let’s see how he does tonight against Vucevic. Could be in foul trouble early on. 

How was he still available??

41 minutes ago, lanyabatt said:

How was he still available??

A guy that likes to stream just dropped him. This is a 16 man league too. I found it strange that he did and quickly put a claim on Nerlens. 

Edited by EsTiLO
26 minutes ago, EsTiLO said:

A guy that likes to stream just dropped him. This is a 16 man league too. I found it strange that he did and quickly put a claim on Nerlens. 

It came with a bit of salsa and guacamole too.