NBC Sports Edge Forums

Nerlens Noel 2020-2021 Outlook

Noel is really valuable in category leagues.

What folks often forget in 9-cat/8-cat leagues is that you don't need to win ALL categories. Being comfortable with being mediocre/bad in a single category can make a huge difference and get you tons of value, especially if that category is one that everyone chases after, like points.

I have Draymond, Noel and Justin Holiday on my team (all of whom are projected to be 4th-6th rounders when punting points). They shore up multiple categories - asts, stls, blks while not necessarily hurting you anywhere (cause they don't turnover the ball much and any weakness in FG/FT doesn't hurt cause of low volume). Them coupled with my existing team - I basically want into every H2H matchup knowing with fair certainty that I'm going to win 3 categories at least before a single game is played.

• Like 2
  • Replies 394
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Stocks in last 10 games played: 5, 1, 5, 3, 4, 3, 3, 5, 1, 2. StOcKs ArE GoNe

I dropped I.Q to stream Noel for blocks last night, I.Q gets 3 blocks and Noel ZERO.. LOL, it hurts less to laugh

What did I tell you 😆

Posted Images

42 minutes ago, Apollo_87 said:

Noel is really valuable in category leagues.

What folks often forget in 9-cat/8-cat leagues is that you don't need to win ALL categories. Being comfortable with being mediocre/bad in a single category can make a huge difference and get you tons of value, especially if that category is one that everyone chases after, like points.

I have Draymond, Noel and Justin Holiday on my team (all of whom are projected to be 4th-6th rounders when punting points). They shore up multiple categories - asts, stls, blks while not necessarily hurting you anywhere (cause they don't turnover the ball much and any weakness in FG/FT doesn't hurt cause of low volume). Them coupled with my existing team - I basically want into every H2H matchup knowing with fair certainty that I'm going to win 3 categories at least before a single game is played.

Right.  In roto you can be weak in a category or two.  But a difference between getting a 5 or a 6, than a 2 or a 3.

Thibs is hands down the worst ******** coach. Makes sense he’s a perfect pairing for the worst franchise. His closing lineup today:

Taj Gibson, Randle, Payton, Rose, Barett

they made mistakes over and over threw the game away but he just stuck with them. Payton is dreadful. Gibson?!?! Is it 2013? Rose is washed. What the f--- is going on. 

2 minutes ago, justblazedawg said:

Thibs is hands down the worst ******** coach. Makes sense he’s a perfect pairing for the worst franchise. His closing lineup today:

they made mistakes over and over threw the game away but he just stuck with them. Payton is dreadful. Gibson?!?! Is it 2013? Rose is washed. What the f--- is going on. 

Their bench brought them back in the game, thats why I assume he kept Taj and Rose in the closing line up.

Edited by j3rkthenurk
25 minutes ago, j3rkthenurk said:

Their bench brought them back in the game, thats why I assume he kept Taj and Rose in the closing line up.

Exactly, it’s about the W’s for the Knicks. Love this line from Noel honestly. More valuable than a 10 and 9 with 1 block that’s for sure.

• Like 1
39 minutes ago, justblazedawg said:

The Knicks are actually decent this year, come on.

• Like 1
45 minutes ago, justblazedawg said:

but did you even watch the game?

46 minutes ago, justblazedawg said:

Lloyd Pierce says hello 

• Haha 1
3 hours ago, justblazedawg said:

Honestly, I only watched the last 8 minutes and that lineup was complete garbage. Especially taj Gibson and Payton. 

Just 8 minutes then proceeded to call Thibs the "worst ******* coach".

Be a better fan than that my man.

Edited by SolariNatividad
  • Thanks 2

probably will see over 30+ mins each night if taj is injured (with randle soaking some of those center minutes too) and hes been playing really really well

21 minutes ago, rocky7st said:

Thibs really must tell his C to not give away fouls. Was expecting more stocks with the increase in min but it's more just been consistent stocks. *Greedy owner*

Was thinking same thing def odd how for both Noel and Mitch rob who are stocks monsters in limited mins, extra mins literally translates to no extra stats, Noel was getting the same number of stocks in 15 mins

• Like 3
1 hour ago, beejay6020 said:

Was thinking same thing def odd how for both Noel and Mitch rob who are stocks monsters in limited mins, extra mins literally translates to no extra stats, Noel was getting the same number of stocks in 15 mins

And both use to be foul prone players before Thibs now, both able to play heavy minutes consistently. He must strike the fear of God into them

1 minute ago, overtime2000 said:

4 stocks at the half

and 18 ******** minutes

was gonna drop him tmrw so i can stream his spot but nopeeee