NBC Sports Edge Forums

Derrick White 2020-2021 Outlook

• Replies 596
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Psh, that has nothing on my league: * Mandatory weekly blood tests to ensure managers have optimal levels of electrolytes and red blood cells * Owners must pass a rigourous obstacle course (

When I die, I want Derrick White to lower me into my grave. Just so that he can let me down one last time 😭

Posted Images

2 hours ago, rob0403 said:

Expiring contract. Pretty awesome veteran and now can shoot 3. Yeah they are going to move him and Aldridge for at least a pick and they are pretty hot commodities for salary dumps.

This is complete bs. There is no way Demar gets traded. Very low odds that Aldridge gets traded either. Spurs are gunning for playoffs and Demar is playing amazing. If you're holding out because of a possible trade, you might as well drop White - cause that's not going to happen. White is going to return to form - rough start by him. He's a strong hold and his value is not contingent on a trade.

Edited by chickennuggets
  • Like 1
1 minute ago, chickennuggets said:

This is complete bs. There is no way Demar gets traded. Very low odds that Aldridge gets traded either. Spurs are gunning for playoffs and Demar is playing amazing. If you're holding out because of a possible trade, you might as well drop White - cause that's not going to happen. White is going to return to form - rough start by him. He's a strong hold and his value is not contingent on a trade.

This. DeRozan is to the Spurs what Chris Paul was to the Thunder last season, outside of the expiring contract part. There's a 25% chance he gets traded. Derrick is what he is. Shots will start falling, he'll put up solid stats with good block %'s for a guard. Right now he's mostly shooting threes because he's the only one in the starting lineup who has shown that he can. That's a big reason why his FG% is so low right now (outside of him coming back from two extended absences).

8 minutes ago, xlosingmyedgex said:

This. DeRozan is to the Spurs what Chris Paul was to the Thunder last season, outside of the expiring contract part. There's a 25% chance he gets traded. Derrick is what he is. Shots will start falling, he'll put up solid stats with good block %'s for a guard. Right now he's mostly shooting threes because he's the only one in the starting lineup who has shown that he can. That's a big reason why his FG% is so low right now (outside of him coming back from two extended absences).

Chris Paul actually plays defense. Never ever compare those two 

These pro athletes are robots!!!  I don't care that he's had 2 injuries this year.. didn't have a preseason and has played 5 games this year..  i expect 15,4,4   1 trey , 1 stl, 1 blk  EVERY DAMN GAME!!   Dropping this bum!

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Is this dude a hold? Or just not his year?

He needs to be a killer statwise if we hold a guy who doesn’t play B2B right???

Edited by Brandayz
15 minutes ago, nrobinson_1984 said:

Too early to tell. He's still a hold in my book. He's just returned from a lengthy injury.

Agreed. Lol at everyone losing their minds off today, still working back into it and shown some good signs. Any pg with his block rate should be given a chance 

8 hours ago, DonutGiveUp said:

I just don't see it this season. Injury didn't help but the bubble stats were without LMA and against weaker opposition 

Man relax what's wrong with you ? 
I love, I mean I looooooooooove hot takes... but he just only came back from back2back toe injuries...
Common man !

Edited by Stefan
  • Like 1

I don't care about his bad game last night, but the lack of B2Bs is worrisome. Do you guys expect this to last more than a month? The Spurs have 2 more B2Bs in the next 3 weeks before the break. I don't think 2 more missed games should break anyone's team but it may also be hard to justify not grabbing a hot wire pickup or streaming his spot if his stats don't begin to trend up.

I currently have Lauri and Smart sitting on my IL and I'm pretty sure PG13 is joining them soon (We have 3 IL spots in my league). I also own DLo who is being a massive headache right now and will likely miss games, so I have to do a bit of soul searching to determine how much worth it is it for me to hold White. I'm leaning towards a hard hold.