NBC Sports Edge Forums

Derrick White 2020-2021 Outlook

1 hour ago, JormaJormala said:

He will not play before AS Break. After the break he will need at least a month to get in shape. So we are looking at early April EARLIEST before he starts to hit all cylinders.

This is pure speculation. Unless you have a source, we still don't know when the Spurs players will be returning - there's a chance they could return early next week too - and we also don't know the effects of COVID on their play. It might result in him playing poorly or it might not. We don't know.

Edited by chickennuggets
  • Like 3
  • Replies 559
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Psh, that has nothing on my league: * Mandatory weekly blood tests to ensure managers have optimal levels of electrolytes and red blood cells * Owners must pass a rigourous obstacle course (

When I die, I want Derrick White to lower me into my grave. Just so that he can let me down one last time 😭

Posted Images

2 hours ago, JormaJormala said:

He will not play before AS Break. After the break he will need at least a month to get in shape. So we are looking at early April EARLIEST before he starts to hit all cylinders.

Spreading misinformation is not cool.  Who are the mods on this forum?

Are you serious? That was according to my own research and estimations. Should I start demanding sources on every prediction people make on this forum or should we start putting disclaimers on every post? Get the F out with that BS.

• Like 1
16 minutes ago, JormaJormala said:

Are you serious? That was according to my own research and estimations. Should I start demanding sources on every prediction people make on this forum or should we start putting disclaimers on every post? Get the F out with that BS.

And what research is that? Who has taken atleast a month to get back into game shape after covid? Stating your opinion is different than claiming something as a fact, especially when you have no clue what you're talking about. Someone thats looking for actual information could come here, read your misinformed comment, and then make a decision that negatively effects their team/season. Its not that hard to understand. 

• Like 8
On 2/24/2021 at 12:54 PM, JormaJormala said:

You post some of the dumbest **** in these forums. Stop snorting that **** mate.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 5
On 2/24/2021 at 4:09 PM, JormaJormala said:

You are no different from MANNY on the Paul George comments by just posting speculative **** and getting defensive when called out.

You saw it here folks. Always do the opposite of Jorma says, it works everytime. It's like Chuck's "guarenteeeeeds" He says White will be out a month and will be ready in April really means he's going to be popping off by March 8th. I'm bidding high and holding on tight yeeeee haw!?!?

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
31 minutes ago, MikeXScott said:

Gotta hold this guy right?

I think he's very overrated on here

I think your opinions on Derrick have been well documented. If you don't like rostering a "soft", "overrated" player, then don't. I agree with the guy above - hold in 12+ team. We would have a good understanding of his value if his luck had been better this season. He's shown he can put up good numbers; Pop's gonna play him because he and Dejounte lock up other teams like nobody's business. You just gotta hope he'll come back and stay healthy for the rest of the season.

• Like 1

HE IS A HOLD! CANT BELIEVE WE ARE DISCUSSING IF D. WHITE IS A HOLD IN 12 TEAM LEAGUES. IF YOU NEED TO ASK THIS IN YOUR 12 TEAM LEAGUE YOU MAY BE IN A TACO LEAGUE! 

TELL ME WHERE YOU GONNA FIND A GUARD THAT GIVES YOU BLOCKS?! DERF

Edited by jrmintz
MORE CONTENT
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2
28 minutes ago, jrmintz said:

HE IS A HOLD! CANT BELIEVE WE ARE DISCUSSING IF D. WHITE IS A HOLD IN 12 TEAM LEAGUES. IF YOU NEED TO ASK THIS IN YOUR 12 TEAM LEAGUE YOU MAY BE IN A TACO LEAGUE! 

TELL ME WHERE YOU GONNA FIND A GUARD THAT GIVES YOU BLOCKS?! DERF

IF THE ALL CAPS DOESN'T CONVINCE YOU, THEN WHAT WILL?!

But yeah, White is an obvious hold in 12-teamers, come on now.

• Haha 2
On 2/26/2021 at 1:50 PM, DonutGiveUp said:

The injury and covid interruption's hurt and I don't we see the breakout this year but regardless in a 12 team no way you drop. Dude has top 50 potential 

Unbelievable streak of bad luck. Def frustrating af to own.  But no real justified reason to drop.

Not likes he been playing and stinking it up for months now and we’re all at the breaking point lol, been flashing that upside all yr, just...everytime he gets something going...he’s out again 😕 This asb will be his true start of the season for me lol...hopefully....

Edited by IDatDude
  • Like 3

I traded Nunn for him and just hope for a breakout in the 2nd half of the season. Hopefully San Antonio focuses more on developing the young guys like White, Murray and Johnson than giving the old asses Aldridge and DeRozan too much playing time. A trade of Aldridge and DeRozan would also be great.

Has been a very tough hold, but Im still optimistic. Just need him to really start produce past Trade DL.

4 hours ago, falconish said:

Just needs to stay healthy. I doubt SA trades Derozan or even LA since there’s no market. It’s not in their DNA.

Yeah I doubt they will trade Derozan but LMA I think they want to trade. Just no one wants him.... 

• Like 2