NBC Sports Edge Forums

Derrick White 2020-2021 Outlook

• Replies 597
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Psh, that has nothing on my league: * Mandatory weekly blood tests to ensure managers have optimal levels of electrolytes and red blood cells * Owners must pass a rigourous obstacle course (

When I die, I want Derrick White to lower me into my grave. Just so that he can let me down one last time 😭

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Eltoro said:

He played well with DeRozan in the bubble iirc. They’ll figure it out.

You would be correct.  Looking back at the game logs DeRozan seemed to be just as dominant last year.  To me it looks like the difference then could be in Murray's growth.  He's become more assertive this year I believe and his numbers seem to confirm that at a quick glance at his game logs.

So it seems he may have to contend with more of a ball dominant presence from Murray in addition to DeRozan seeming to control the ball a lot of the time.  I mean to be fair this has been Murray and DeRozans team to do as they please for most of the year, and White is the one who has to acclimate himself again as someone who isn't the obvious returning goto superstar.  Hopefully his basketball IQ and instincts on the court shine through as the games go on and the offense ends up flowing through him more as the games go on.  Right now that's all I can hope for.

Just now, CharlesCC2 said:

You would be correct.  Looking back at the game logs DeRozan seemed to be just as dominant last year.  To me it looks like the difference then could be in Murray's growth.  He's become more assertive this year I believe and his numbers seem to confirm that at a quick glance at his game logs.

So it seems he may have to contend with more of a ball dominant presence from Murray in addition to DeRozan seeming to control the ball a lot of the time.  I mean to be fair this has been Murray and DeRozans team to do as they please for most of the year, and White is the one who has to acclimate himself again as someone who isn't the obvious returning goto superstar.  Hopefully his basketball IQ and instincts on the court shine through as the games go on and the offense ends up flowing through him more as the games go on.  Right now that's all I can hope for.

I am really not worried at all tbh. Replacing Aldridge with a super low usage guy in Poeltl means there will be plenty of opportunities. 

I also am not really holding him for big offense. DWhite’s value is on defense and clean %s. Anyone looking for 20ppg is probably going to be disappointed (unless DeRozan gets traded).

1 minute ago, Eltoro said:

I am really not worried at all tbh. Replacing Aldridge with a super low usage guy in Poeltl means there will be plenty of opportunities. 

I also am not really holding him for big offense. DWhite’s value is on defense and clean %s. Anyone looking for 20ppg is probably going to be disappointed (unless DeRozan gets traded).

Yeah, defensive stats, few boards which is more a matter of him getting into game shape and being more active, and assists.  I don't think anybody is looking for a scoring maven here.  The most important part is him facilitating more offense though, which hopefully it's just a matter of working his way back into the synergy of the team.

Agree with the LMA point, him not being there and needing no big man touches should be a plus.

2 hours ago, brosephd said:

those out of positions blocks are what makes him valuable. who do you guys value more ROS, white or wright (delon)

Great question. 

I think it will come down to team needs. They will probably give top 70 value with them both giving you a little of everything. White is better in the BLKS, Wright is better in the STLS. However, White is definitely more rusty, the guy has been shooting real poor from the floor. But that should improve as his conditioning improves. We just need him to stay healthy. 

Not sure how Wright will be when he comes back but I expect Pistons to let him do his thing and try to pickup where he left off. It's not like they are going to the Playoffs this year. 

• Thanks 1
3 hours ago, brosephd said:

those out of positions blocks are what makes him valuable. who do you guys value more ROS, white or wright (delon)

Delon Wright might get traded and become irrelevant. he also has more competition now with Smith + Hayes when healthy. Pistons are in rebuild mode and I dont know if Wright will be a big part of it. So I would go with White.

• Like 1

Frustrated. Yes.
Dropping or selling low. No. No. No.

He has a valid excuse for struggling and its why he has a long leash with me as he really has had no chance of getting into a rhythm yet this year. Hopefully there are no other setbacks.

• Like 1
4 hours ago, brosephd said:

Wright has long stretches of elite play this season.  White has 1 good game and this thread. Go with the guy who's actually good n playing well, that would be Delon

9 minutes ago, MikeXScott said:

Wright has long stretches of elite play this season.  White has 1 good game and this thread. Go with the guy who's actually good n playing well, that would be Delon

Killian Hayes/Saben Lee and the Detroit Pistons says No.

• Like 1

Kids a lock to finish top 50 fawk a top 75. Let him finally have a stretch of playing about 10 games in a row and come fantasy playoffs, he’ll be unbelievable. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
1 hour ago, jjbooda said:

I’d rather have Hamidou Diallo after the trade then this guy....what good is the sweet game count when you are not very good....

If this is genuine I think knitting is better for you buddy. Man said Diallo lol