NBC Sports Edge Forums

Derrick White 2020-2021 Outlook

• Replies 596
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Psh, that has nothing on my league: * Mandatory weekly blood tests to ensure managers have optimal levels of electrolytes and red blood cells * Owners must pass a rigourous obstacle course (

When I die, I want Derrick White to lower me into my grave. Just so that he can let me down one last time 😭

Posted Images

In a truly competitive 12 teamer and up with IR slots, he should of never been on ww.

That’s 3 Spurs now that beat their initial timelines by a wk, gd info for future reference.

• Like 6
5 minutes ago, DiscoNinja33 said:

Dropped Roco for Maximum D. 

Feels good. 

Did the same. I am not betting against RoCo bouncing back. Just because White has got a bunch of upsides (maybe DDR got traded). The downside here is he’s often injured.. 

• Like 1
7 minutes ago, Free Ballers said:

What are some realistic expectations for white as far as averages? I know realistic is tough for this site but im trying to understand the hype. I grabbed him in my 12 team but what caan I be looking forward to? 

14/4/4/1/1

• Like 2
2 hours ago, Vikster07 said:

I don't think he'll average 1 block and 1 steal. Maybe 0.8 blocks and 0.7 steals. Realistically speaking.

Well both those projections are realistic. He is at 0.85/0.8 in 25 mins per game if you take the average of his last two seasons. If he plays 32 mins he can go over 1 on both. I think it really depends on the minutes. Maybe 32 is tough to find with this crowded backcourt but we will see.

Bought some of his stock as he is due to be back very soon. I have Vassell, so if he loses his spot on rotation I'll be covered with White. Also a chairman in the "I Hate Keldon Johnson Club" so need another horse on the race to run that Mustang down.

LETS GOOOOOOOO!!!!

tenor.gif

• Haha 3
2 minutes ago, JormaJormala said:

Bought some of his stock as he is due to be back very soon. I have Vassell, so if he loses his spot on rotation I'll be covered with White. Also a chairman in the "I Hate Keldon Johnson Club" so need another horse on the race to run that Mustang down.

LETS GOOOOOOOO!!!!

tenor.gif

More like... "I hate Kelton Johnson (cause I'm a salty b!#$%) Club"

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

ah I'm so disappointed in myself in not getting him for bazley before the news when I saw him shooting pregame. I hope he kills it. Interested to see how the spurs rotation will be like now.

Hey guys  - for someone who's not dialed in on White, what are we expecting here. I know he played great in the bubble, but so did my guy Herro and he's eating me up inside. 

People are saying this is a run - don't walk add  

14 hours ago, RipCity0 said:

Well both those projections are realistic. He is at 0.85/0.8 in 25 mins per game if you take the average of his last two seasons. If he plays 32 mins he can go over 1 on both. I think it really depends on the minutes. Maybe 32 is tough to find with this crowded backcourt but we will see.

Highly doubt he'll average 32 minutes on the Spurs but I think he can get 1 steals .9 blocks

14 minutes ago, stevenzhang said:

Highly doubt he'll average 32 minutes on the Spurs but I think he can get 1 steals .9 blocks

Why not? Derozan, Aldridge and Mills could be dealt, he is 100x better than Walker so his path to minutes is easy

34 minutes ago, stevenzhang said:

You mean they won't play a guy that they just signed for $73 million? You can say DeRozan and Aldridge will eat up some shots but White will definitely be out there as much as Murray, the only other significant long term contract.

• Like 3

Pop’s philosophy from the previous reliance on the older guys midrange slower pace to younger and faster changed last year.

He isn’t going to jack around White’s minutes this year. White is apart of their future core. He is going to get starter minutes (over Walker) for sure.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
6 minutes ago, Tekno Team 2000 said:

Pop’s philosophy from the previous reliance on the older guys midrange slower pace to younger and faster changed last year.

He isn’t going to jack around White’s minutes this year. White is apart of their future core. He is going to get starter minutes (over Walker) for sure.

Yes, yes. I wish I could inject your words directly in my veins. 🤩

With Kristaps, and with healthy Derrick and JJJ I'm gonna get more blocks than teenage me got when I was messaging girls trying to get laid 🥰.

• Haha 5
3 hours ago, DonutGiveUp said:

Why not? Derozan, Aldridge and Mills could be dealt, he is 100x better than Walker so his path to minutes is easy

3 hours ago, rob0403 said:

You mean they won't play a guy that they just signed for $73 million? You can say DeRozan and Aldridge will eat up some shots but White will definitely be out there as much as Murray, the only other significant long term contract.

I'm not saying Derrick White isn't better than the other backcourt options but he is a bit injury prone. I've watched him for the last 2 seasons. He has foot issues (plantar fasciitis) and two recent toe injuries. I think they'll be pretty cautious with White especially since they signed him to a multi-year contract. He'll only get 32 minutes a night at the end of the season if they're fighting for a playoff spot.

• Like 1
On 1/28/2021 at 9:39 AM, JormaJormala said:

LETS GOOOOOOOO!!!!

tenor.gif

Best post  of 20/21 season. 

Exactly what I expected from "BACK-TO-BACK NBA FANTASY CHAMPION" playing in " EUROPES LEADING AND BEST FANTASY LEAGUE".

I am just curious how do you know your league is Europe's best?