NBC Sports Edge Forums

Caris Levert 2020-2021 Outlook

What do we think Levert will do with Irving and Durant healthy? I can genuinely see him averaging high teens scoring with good counting stats as a nice complimentary piece. Might gain some fg% as he wont have as much attention on him and get some more assists dishing it to players like kurie and durant, both pure scorers. Anything around 17, 4 and 5 with 1.2 steals 0.5 blocks and 1.6 threes on 47% fg 80% ft is very relaistic i feel.

Whats your guys thoughts?

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Kevin Bowen, the ESPN local radio reporter who covers the Pacers, thinks this is the timeline: LeVert is doing some shooting in practice right now and the hope is he can get integrated into full

Played 1 year with Irving Developed a tumour

Absolutely zero chance Caris plays off the bench. TJ, lamb and holiday will be losing most of their value here. Levert will effectively just take over oladipo's role 

Posted Images

Personally I am hoping he will get traded to Houston soon.

We will have to see Durant heralded him as the third star on the team. He is good, but probably he is around the stats you mentioned. I think his assists is going to be around 2 to 3 because of how Irving is.

He’s better than brickwiddie, Harris or any of the other bums beside KD and Irving who are both going to be load managed. I think he’s perfect in the system they want to run and playing off ball will reduce his turnovers and hopefully increase the assists. Could also get traded which would be a huge boost 

19 hours ago, Taipan said:

Guy was an absolute headace to own last year until Kyrie went down.  He needs the ball to be relevant and that aint happening this year.  Hard pass for moi!

Totally agree with this. I was really high on him last year. When Kyrie would take a break or was hurt, Levert  would be great. When Kyrie would come back in the game, you would be looking twice to make sure Caris was still playing.

So how does he fit in this year? With the mouths they have to feed, I don't thing he will come close to last years stats.

20 hours ago, Taipan said:

Guy was an absolute headace to own last year until Kyrie went down.  He needs the ball to be relevant and that aint happening this year.  Hard pass for moi!

100% agree.

He is one of my favorite players. But with Kyrie and KD on the court, barring injuries, its not going to be his year.

Sadly easy hard pass for me as well!

If the Nets are serious about winning it all, they need a third star only LeVert and maybe Dinwiddie has the talent for. So they have to make him effective.

Or at least that is all I am banking on this year. Or a trade to Houston.

Not sure why so many people are sleeping on Caris.

• He's the 3rd scoring option behind Kyrie and KD.
  • KD coming off two bad injuries, will probably sit out at least 5-10 games this season, meaning LeVert becoming the 2nd scorer.
  • Kyrie is a walking injury as well, and will likely miss his typical 5-10 games this season, meaning LeVert once again becoming the 2nd scorer.

Not saying he's going to be averaging 20 a game, but I think LeVert could post a sneaky 16.0 PPG / 4.0 REB / 3.5 AST / 1.2 STL / 1.5 3PM kind of season.

But with the possibility of KD and Kyrie possibility missing/sitting/resting multiple games, I think he could easily post Top-80 value, great considering you can get him at ADP 100-110.

2 minutes ago, CORTEz said:

• KD coming off two bad injuries, will probably sit out at least 5-10 games this season, meaning LeVert becoming the 2nd scorer.
  • Kyrie is a walking injury as well, and will likely miss his typical 5-10 games this season, meaning LeVert once again becoming the 2nd scorer.

Not saying he's going to be averaging 20 a game, but I think LeVert could post a sneaky 16.0 PPG / 4.0 REB / 3.5 AST / 1.2 STL / 1.5 3PM kind of season.

But with the possibility of KD and Kyrie possibility missing/sitting/resting multiple games, I think he could easily post Top-80 value, great considering you can get him at ADP 100-110.

LeVert has been a "bust" in my eyes for a couple years now.  I think his peripheral stats are hollow and he relies heavily on FG's made and FG percentage.  I don't think the addition of Kyrie and Durant are going to do him any favors.  To be quite honest, I like Dinwiddie over LeVert, considering how consistent and multi-faceted of a player he is off the bench. It took this post to realize it, but LeVert is officially on my DND list (unless he drops a couple more rounds which won't happen).

27 minutes ago, CORTEz said:

His fantasy game won't allow him to be "easily" top 80. Historically, he's a poor shooter (below avg FG and FT%) and he really doesn't do much of anything else outside of some popcorn stats which relies on volume and usg. He has never finished inside top 160. Last year, he had an insane usage of 29.6, averaged 18.7/4.2/4.4 and still finished 171. He's basically Wiggins light.

• Thanks 1

Here is one guys take:

LeVert showed out in the bubble when significant attrition forced him to be the Nets’ primary scorer, and now he’ll have a chance to prove he’s the Nets’ “third star” alongside Kevin Durant and Kyrie Irving. While Durant and Irving will take the court for the first time together in Brooklyn this season, LeVert could be the biggest benefactor statistically as his looks will improve just based on how opposing defenses guard the Nets’ two stars. LeVert will likely have nights where he gets to be the team’s leading scorer as rookie head coach Steve Nash has already said that he doesn’t expect his two franchise players to play in all 72 games. LeVert averaged 18.7 points last season despite missing significant time due to a thumb injury but will have a chance to put up similar numbers on a loaded Nets offense that is expected to play at a fast pace under offensive coordinator Mike D’Antoni. — Alex Schiffer

I would much rather he be the primary ball handler and scorer on the 2nd unit, than to be reduced to an offball 3d type next to KD and Kyrie. Unless you're a Klay/Ray Allen level spot up shooter, a wing playing between two ball dominant superstars is a recipe for fantasy irrelevance 

• tonycpsu changed the title to Caris Levert 2020-2021 Outlook