NBC Sports Edge Forums

Caris Levert 2020-2021 Outlook

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Kevin Bowen, the ESPN local radio reporter who covers the Pacers, thinks this is the timeline: LeVert is doing some shooting in practice right now and the hope is he can get integrated into full

Played 1 year with Irving Developed a tumour

Absolutely zero chance Caris plays off the bench. TJ, lamb and holiday will be losing most of their value here. Levert will effectively just take over oladipo's role 

Posted Images

Pacers have Brogdon, Sabonis, and Turner plus Lamb and Warren will be back eventually...it's an upgrade from being in Brooklyn but Houston would have been more ideal for him.  I see a slight upgrade from Brooklyn, but not a massive jump.  Thoughts?

27 minutes ago, chnzshyguy said:

Any hot takes for Caris with the Pacers?

Wings are crowded there, but he should be able to start in Dipo's place and ball out. Good fit for him. Think he's better than Lamb and should get the majority of 2 guard min. Levert a combo guard. Dipo and Levert is a even swap if you ask me.

• Like 1

I think Caris going to IND is going to be great for him.

He should immediately slot into Dipo's 2-guard position and/or Justin Holiday's SF position.

Regardless, I'd expect to see Caris get 32-36 minutes a night, and with Dipo gone, and Warren hurt, he should have no problem averaging 18-5-6 every night.

I actually think he has 21-5-7 upside to him, and Lamb and an extremely hobbled Warren don't scare me at all.

Edited by CORTEz
  • Like 1

Pacers have a lot of ball handlers already so he won't be ballhandling as much as he did in Nets sans Irving. No Irving was why his value was so inflated in the first place and the Pacers are pretty healthy.

5 minutes ago, rob0403 said:

Pacers have a lot of ball handlers already so he won't be ballhandling as much as he did in Nets sans Irving. No Irving was why his value was so inflated in the first place and the Pacers are pretty healthy.

TJ is out for awhile, I think he slides right in the starting lineup for Justin Holiday. He can also be the secondary facilitator by switching off with Brogdon when he is subbed out, so I can see them staggering the minutes between those two. 

5 minutes ago, CORTEz said:

Any chance he suits up tonight for IND?

slim to none but i might be wrong

Edited by L3onD

There is not a defined pecking order on that roster like there was in Brooklyn, who also had him on limited minutes with Kyrie and KD playing. There is absolutely no reason he can't shine.

17 minutes ago, fantasick said:

Says he is on HOU on my matchup haha

i think that particular trade with pacers is not yet approved by the league (its just a formality) so might be that

6 hours ago, KKPer9 said:

There is not a defined pecking order on that roster like there was in Brooklyn, who also had him on limited minutes with Kyrie and KD playing. There is absolutely no reason he can't shine.

i would agree with that if this was the last years team...not much has changed except the coaching change...bjorkgren clearly made sabonis and brogdon the n1-n2 option on the roster...oladipo lost a lot of touches from previous seasons (he played off ball quite a lot actually in these 10 games) and warren kind of stayed in the same role he had during last season (before the bubble)

but hell surely fit in nicely, pacers are awesome right now

On 1/13/2021 at 5:27 PM, DezedandConfused said:

TJ is out for awhile, I think he slides right in the starting lineup for Justin Holiday. He can also be the secondary facilitator by switching off with Brogdon when he is subbed out, so I can see them staggering the minutes between those two. 

Agree with the switching off/subbing out. IND offense is very effective with Brogdon and best to not mess with it.

21 hours ago, CORTEz said:

Any chance he suits up tonight for IND?

Per NBA rules, all players involved must pass physicals before suiting up to play. Read that Harden pass today. Slim chance for others to clear in time before tip off but I'm confident all their new jerseys were rushed as soon as the trade was done and hanging in the lockers.

Excited to see what he does on Indy. 

While his #'s in Brooklyn were great , they were highly inflated with Kyrie being out..

After Sabonis maybe he can become that 2A-2B scoring punch along with Brogdon

The good thing here is that Nate plays his starters a lot! Maybe that changes when Lamb and Warren are back, but Sabonis and Brogdon both play 37-38 minutes per game. LeVert could come in and play 36+ minutes per game immediately. 

3 minutes ago, shayan23 said:

Is he playing today?

pacers game against suns got postponed few days ago but they play tmrw too...and still no word on the pacers-rockets trade, dipo is ready but hes sittin tonight against the spurs

Edited by L3onD