NBC Sports Edge Forums

Caris Levert 2020-2021 Outlook

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Kevin Bowen, the ESPN local radio reporter who covers the Pacers, thinks this is the timeline: LeVert is doing some shooting in practice right now and the hope is he can get integrated into full

Played 1 year with Irving Developed a tumour

Damian Lillard tweeted that he thinks Caris LeVert is gonna take off in Indiana ūüĒ•

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, JohnnyTsunami said:

This has to be related to why that trade took so long to process, sheesh. Hopefully it's nothing too serious and he recovers strong ūüôŹ

• Like 1

wow crazy. Either the Nets knew about it and finessed the f*** out of the Rockets/Pacers or he was playing so well there was no reason to test him for this sort of thing. If that was the case (which I think it is the nets didnt knowt) him getting traded was probably a life saver.

Edited by Johnnyapplebot
  • Like 1
1 minute ago, beejay6020 said:

does this affect the trade? obv the broader trade not affected as harden playing today, but does ola potentially go back to indiana and levert to houston?

Nope. The Pacers got cash and a second round pick. This trade is done. Hes a Pacer. Why? The Pacers knew this after the physical and asked for compensation and received it.

Edited by Johnnyapplebot
Just now, beejay6020 said:

does this affect the trade? obv the broader trade not affected as harden playing today, but does ola potentially go back to indiana and levert to houston?

It said the trade was still finalized and an extra 2nd round pick + cash was going to Indy. I'm sure Indy is still fine with that considering that Oladipo likely told them he was bouncing in free agency anyway 

Orange Vote GIF NETS

1 minute ago, beejay6020 said:

No the trade has been processed, Pacers received an additional 2nd round pick for the physical issue.

Based on his comments, it appears neither the Nets or Caris were aware.  He is very fortunate they caught it during the trade physical.  Best wishes that he will be alright and be able to return to the court soon.

any medical insight here? 

is he missing time for long? that mass should be removed right?

clear pickup should be Aaron Holiday and Doug McDermott as well?

EDIT: Jeremy Lamb on his way back as well

Edited by wisegeeks
15 minutes ago, wisegeeks said:

any medical insight here? 

is he missing time for long? that mass should be removed right?

clear pickup should be Aaron Holiday and Doug McDermott as well?

EDIT: Jeremy Lamb on his way back as well

I'm thinking none of those guys are worth while. Just one of those situations where nobody is the pickup and guys like Brogdan and Sabonis will eat more. 

Edited by Dominator83
  • Like 2
1 hour ago, mtx said:

Did Brooklyn know about this? wow...

I doubt it. LaVert didn't know until today. I doubt they wouldn't have told him if they knew

1 hour ago, Rejects said:

Maybe 6- 8weeks....pick-up with IR right?

11 weks left for my league PO

There is no timeline for return until Caris makes a decision on how he wants to approach the matter, surgically (probable) or otherwise.  Saw a tweet stating 8 weeks at minimum if having the mass surgically removed, but not sure how credible so I’m waiting for more info. 

12 minutes ago, Rejects said:

Yeah and pacers lost turner too...no warren...maybe tank

Not a chance.  Sabo & Brogdon are the backbone of their team.  Their bench is also very good.  

Edited by 80version

Caris LeVert had surgery on Monday to treat renal cell carcinoma of his left kidney, and he is expected to make a full recovery.

The cancer was discovered during an MRI as part of LeVert's comprehensive physical after being traded to the Pacers. "I didn't have any symptoms. I was playing in games ... I was feeling 100 percent healthy," LeVert said recently. "So, in a way, this trade definitely showed and revealed what was going on in my body; so I'm definitely looking at it from that side and definitely humbled to know that this trade could've possibly saved me in the long run." The Pacers' statement adds that while LeVert will be out indefinitely, "no further treatment is needed." Get well soon, Caris

I still think he's done for the season but a blessing in disguise. 

15 minutes ago, JormaJormala said:

Back in a month? 

Why not? No further treatment required. Exercise is good for you.

My mother in law had a small mass removed from her kidney years ago. If I remember correctly they told her not to lift anything or do anything physical for a month or so. So yeah he is not going to be back in a month considering they will want to be cautious and he will need to get himself back into game shape.