NBC Sports Edge Forums

Caris Levert 2020-2021 Outlook

1 hour ago, Austin_Rivers said:

There's a lot of pros to this. The fact that he doesn't have an injury to a ligament means he can pretty much stay in shape. He's already on the court with the team which bodes well he'll return at some point and more than likely sooner than Warren (who may be done for the season) He'll hit the ground running when he does return and this isn't like his past injuries where his play was affected from injury. He could be a league winning stash. 

Webp.net-resizeimage.jpg.7ca20b8a1fdfd774de151ab54615917a.jpg

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Kevin Bowen, the ESPN local radio reporter who covers the Pacers, thinks this is the timeline: LeVert is doing some shooting in practice right now and the hope is he can get integrated into full

Played 1 year with Irving Developed a tumour

Absolutely zero chance Caris plays off the bench. TJ, lamb and holiday will be losing most of their value here. Levert will effectively just take over oladipo's role 

Posted Images

17 minutes ago, The_Real_Deal said:

You quite me but don't quote the other huh? 

yeah because if I didn’t you’d be sitting here scratching your head wondering who I was replying to

So are you guys all holding or dropping?  I feel like April would be too late and a waste of IL spot, especially with players possibly going out with Covid.  Also, when he does come back he will need to get in game shape. 

Edited by ejack37

Kevin Bowen, the ESPN local radio reporter who covers the Pacers, thinks this is the timeline:

LeVert is doing some shooting in practice right now and the hope is he can get integrated into full practice around the All-Star break (begins March 4th). The thought there is LeVert’s Pacers debut could come early in the second half of the season. The wait for Warren is expected to be longer. 

https://www.1075thefan.com/kevins-sports-news/pacers/pacers-survive-in-overtime-win-in-minnesota/

That would put it at March 15-21.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 5
3 hours ago, hornrimmed_rambis said:

Kevin Bowen, the ESPN local radio reporter who covers the Pacers, thinks this is the timeline:

LeVert is doing some shooting in practice right now and the hope is he can get integrated into full practice around the All-Star break (begins March 4th). The thought there is LeVert’s Pacers debut could come early in the second half of the season. The wait for Warren is expected to be longer. 

https://www.1075thefan.com/kevins-sports-news/pacers/pacers-survive-in-overtime-win-in-minnesota/

That would put it at March 15-21.

Great news. However I think he will be limited all season. Why push him? What type of role/line are you guys predicting? Standard league relevant?

Regardless of when he comes back (as long as it's within fantasy playoffs), I think the upside is too high to leave him on the wire. I'm stashing him in IR and seeing what happens.

But totally get it for those who do not have the space to hold on to him 

This is already 2 days old:

Bjorkgren on Caris LeVert's progress: "He's getting involved a lot....He was in 4 on 0 offense. 5 on 0 offense. All of our shooting drills are non-contact drills and he was in every one of them."

• Like 1
On 2/23/2021 at 3:33 AM, thornton1986 said:

What kind of role/line do you guys think he will have? Won’t it be crowded once Warren gets back? 

Hell hit the ground running as a starter. His conditioning will be up there and it's not like he had an injury to his leg or hand that would affect his game for a while. As for Warren im suspecting he may not come back at all and even if he does stress fractures are extremely risky to deal with. He'll be severely limited. Just look at Holiday and Beal with their stress fractures. One aggravation and you're done for a long period of time again. 

• Like 1
9 hours ago, Austin_Rivers said:

Hell hit the ground running as a starter. His conditioning will be up there and it's not like he had an injury to his leg or hand that would affect his game for a while. As for Warren im suspecting he may not come back at all and even if he does stress fractures are extremely risky to deal with. He'll be severely limited. Just look at Holiday and Beal with their stress fractures. One aggravation and you're done for a long period of time again. 

Agreed doubt we see Warren during regular season. He had the injury before so they will be rightfully cautious 

1 hour ago, thornton1986 said:

What kind of line are you guys expecting? Only droppable guys on my roster are Maledon and Rubio so not sure about grabbing him 

Other than getting his conditioning up to speed and shaking the rust off he really shouldn't have any issues as he technically is not really coming back from an injury. So I'd say he should be able to put up numbers pretty close to what he was in bkn. He'll be the 3rd or maybe even 2nd scoring option behind sabonis. Maybe 17/5/5 and having brogdon and sabonis around should help his efficiency too as he doesn't have to carry the offense 

Edited by fabrar
10 hours ago, brickcitymamba said:

In light of this, is he already a must-pick-up, especially in leagues on the deeper side?

Of course. He’s one of the better players in the league. 

• Like 1