NBC Sports Edge Forums

Caris Levert 2020-2021 Outlook

28 minutes ago, Gdupm6 said:

How good of a stash is he now ? Worth grabbing in 10 team leagues ? 

Probably the best stash you can think of if he's still on the wire. Needs to be owned everywhere. He didn't have a structural injury so other than conditioning, there shouldn't be any issues.

• Like 2
  • Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Kevin Bowen, the ESPN local radio reporter who covers the Pacers, thinks this is the timeline: LeVert is doing some shooting in practice right now and the hope is he can get integrated into full

Played 1 year with Irving Developed a tumour

Absolutely zero chance Caris plays off the bench. TJ, lamb and holiday will be losing most of their value here. Levert will effectively just take over oladipo's role 

Posted Images

2 hours ago, Gdupm6 said:

Yes! He Will go off in Indiana 🔥🙏🏼

2 hours ago, Gdupm6 said:

Just grabbed him in my 10 team after the report. Like others have said he's not coming off injury and just needs to get his conditioning 

4 hours ago, Gdupm6 said:

My IR slots are already filled with Nurk and MRob, but I still grabbed him yesterday 

He's better than half the trash on my team 

• Haha 2
18 hours ago, gbill2004 said:

What kind of numbers do you expect him to put up for the Pacers, when he's back to full go? 

To be fair, he's will have been out for a while so I'd say 80% of his current stats. He will need a few weeks to get his conditioning and chemistry with the team because he has not played with his mates yet after the trade.

Levert could step into a 33 minute role replacing Oladipo in this lineup. They need the help, and have been covering the SG spot with a combination of TJ McConnell and Justin Holiday. Both those guys will go back to their backup roles if Levert comes back to form quickly.

So what is he good for? I think Oladipo's numbers from 2018-19 are a realistic possibility. 

There are some really great charts here: 

https://basketball.realgm.com/player/Caris-LeVert/Comparison/42322/Victor-Oladipo/22337

The chart below is really interesting. I think Levert can hit all the category numbers healthy Oladipo could do, with the exception and biggest question being the steals. Healthy Oladipo was elite in steals. Levert has never averaged more than 1.2 steals in a season, but he has not been starting for much of his career. This season, he started 4 games, and averaged a whopping 1.8 steals in those games! I'm not saying he will get there, but 1.4 steals is not impossible. (TJ is posting huge steals in that system right now.)

Once he gets into game shape, and assuming he gets 30+ minutes, Levert's projected line would be something like:

18 points

5 assists

4 rebounds

1.8 3pm

1.4 steals

On 44% FG%, 73% FT%. 

image.thumb.png.f9cd44b5c3f5dc1ba43b425bc5a8d666.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
5 minutes ago, hornrimmed_rambis said:

Levert could step into a 33 minute role replacing Oladipo in this lineup. They need the help, and have been covering the SG spot with a combination of TJ McConnell and Justin Holiday. Both those guys will go back to their backup roles if Levert comes back to form quickly.

So what is he good for? I think Oladipo's numbers from 2018-19 are a realistic possibility. 

There are some really great charts here: 

https://basketball.realgm.com/player/Caris-LeVert/Comparison/42322/Victor-Oladipo/22337

The chart below is really interesting. I think Levert can hit all the category numbers healthy Oladipo could do, with the exception and biggest question being the steals. Healthy Oladipo was elite in steals. Levert has never averaged more than 1.2 steals in a season, but he has not been starting for much of his career. This season, he started 4 games, and averaged a whopping 1.8 steals in those games! I'm not saying he will get there, but 1.4 steals is not impossible. (TJ is posting huge steals in that system right now.)

Once he gets into game shape, and assuming he gets 30+ minutes, Levert's projected line would be something like:

18 points

5 assists

4 rebounds

1.8 3pm

1.4 steals

On 44% FG%, 73% FT%. 

image.thumb.png.f9cd44b5c3f5dc1ba43b425bc5a8d666.png

Watched the game against Philly and they are terrible on offense. Its the same dull play call every time. They need something different and enter Mr. LeVert

I think he's pretty close. Wouldn't at all be surprised to see him back here within the next 1-2 weeks.

I'm sure he'll be on a minute restriction of like 15-20 to start, but from all reports I've heard, he hasn't experienced anything troublesome and nothing was prohibiting him. Likely minute restriction to begin with just to get back up to game speed.

Picked him up right when the news came out that he was aiming a return in March. Now he’s actually coming back sooner than expected.

How are we feeling about the friendly competition between Brogdon, McConnell, and J Holiday not to mention the bigs they have in Indiana.

It would be crazy to think he would be the 6th man here. He's a much better player than McConnell & J Holiday. Thinking they will ease him back. But once he's good to go. It's going to be a Brogdon / Levert backcourt... at least that's what I'm hoping. 

3 minutes ago, Racks11479 said:

It would be crazy to think he would be the 6th man here. He's a much better player than McConnell & J Holiday. Thinking they will ease him back. But once he's good to go. It's going to be a Brogdon / Levert backcourt... at least that's what I'm hoping. 

I don’t mind him being a super 6th man like he was in Brooklyn. As long as he gets his touches he should be 🔥

4 minutes ago, lanyabatt said:

I don’t mind him being a super 6th man like he was in Brooklyn. As long as he gets his touches he should be 🔥

Oladipo got his as a starter beside Brogdon and Sabonis, Caris will be just fine. Indiana remember drafted him in 2016 but never gave him a look and they BADLY wanted him back

56 minutes ago, lanyabatt said:

Picked him up right when the news came out that he was aiming a return in March. Now he’s actually coming back sooner than expected.

How are we feeling about the friendly competition between Brogdon, McConnell, and J Holiday not to mention the bigs they have in Indiana.

Absolutely zero chance Caris plays off the bench. TJ, lamb and holiday will be losing most of their value here. Levert will effectively just take over oladipo's role 

• Like 5
On 2/3/2021 at 12:14 PM, hornrimmed_rambis said:

I know they say he is out "indefinitely," but I believe he will return this season.

Here's my (admittedly weak) data to support this:

1) His doctor's area of special interest include Laparoscopic and Endoscopic techniques in urologic surgery. That means it's highly likely Levert had lapro, not a more invasive surgery.

2) We know it was a lump removal, not a full kidney removal.

3) They caught it very early, so the cancer very likely did not metastasize. They can do imaging and follow-up exams even while he is recovering and walking around. This is a 26-year-old athlete in his physical prime, getting the highest level of treatment possible. An old man gets lapro to remove a gall bladder and is walking around in a month as if nothing happened.

I have no inside info. But just reading tea leaves, I'm guessing it takes 6 weeks for him to be back on a practice court, and another 3 weeks to build up conditioning to play in a game. So that means mid- to late-March. Indy will not be tanking in mid-March. Levert will slot into Oladipo's role in their offense.

[Yes, I traded some low-end talent so I could put Levert on my IL.]

I just came here for validation. Remember this post from Feb 3? When so many people said he was done for the season? 

Told ya.

• Like 2
14 minutes ago, hornrimmed_rambis said:

I just came here for validation. Remember this post from Feb 3? When so many people said he was done for the season? 

Told ya.

Holy crap lol you were on point about his return date 

• Like 1