NBC Sports Edge Forums

Caris Levert 2020-2021 Outlook

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Kevin Bowen, the ESPN local radio reporter who covers the Pacers, thinks this is the timeline: LeVert is doing some shooting in practice right now and the hope is he can get integrated into full

Played 1 year with Irving Developed a tumour

Absolutely zero chance Caris plays off the bench. TJ, lamb and holiday will be losing most of their value here. Levert will effectively just take over oladipo's role 

Posted Images

3 minutes ago, lanyabatt said:

🤦‍♂️

Wow that is good. I think I'd say yes. But take it to the assistant coach thread. 

Caris gets no love? Just a steady eddie. And look at those steals! And has stepped into Oladipo's minutes seamlessly.

I love it when a plan comes together.

spacer.png

• Like 1

And the Roto blurb about "struggling with his shot" is also incorrect, because he was trying to hoist 3s in the last minute to try and catch up. These were misses which should not count toward what we can expect of him regularly.

7 minutes ago, hornrimmed_rambis said:

And the Roto blurb about "struggling with his shot" is also incorrect, because he was trying to hoist 3s in the last minute to try and catch up. These were misses which should not count toward what we can expect of him regularly.

What's his celing trying to guage his value for a dynasty trade

19 minutes ago, MilesBridgesBetterThanZion said:

What's his celing trying to guage his value for a dynasty trade

I did this write-up which covers it here. At the time, I was unsure about the steals, but with these last two games we are getting good signal that his steal rate will be higher than before also. That would make him a monster.

• Thanks 2

Many people here asked: should I keep LeVert (during his absence). But isn't it that all leagues have IR spot? We have three spots in our league and of course I kept him there because these three spots were never full. Therefore I didn't understand, what was the problem that somebody dropped him.

2 hours ago, apatas said:

Many people here asked: should I keep LeVert (during his absence). But isn't it that all leagues have IR spot? We have three spots in our league and of course I kept him there because these three spots were never full. Therefore I didn't understand, what was the problem that somebody dropped him.

Not all leagues have IR spots and if they do it’s usually only 1 spot. I have 2 IR spots and 14 active players due to COVID szn.

3 minutes ago, BykeINIT said:

struggling with his shot since returning 

hope he can get back to at least 43% .. he doesn’t fill up the stat sheet enough to be shooting 40% or under. 

Agreed. He’s stuck in no mans land. Turner and Sabonis control the paint. He can’t even get decent assists numbers because Sabonis likes to catch deep, purposely miss and grab his board and if he’s not doing that he’s busy playing the inside out game racking up his own assists. Not to mention, you have Brogdon and McConnell who get their share of playmaking. Lastly, you add Holiday, Lamb, and Mcdermott play time. Indiana looking a little too stacked here.

Not too sure what to make of this. What’s the move guys?

27 minutes ago, lanyabatt said:

Agreed. He’s stuck in no mans land. Turner and Sabonis control the paint. He can’t even get decent assists numbers because Sabonis likes to catch deep, purposely miss and grab his board and if he’s not doing that he’s busy playing the inside out game racking up his own assists. Not to mention, you have Brogdon and McConnell who get their share of playmaking. Lastly, you add Holiday, Lamb, and Mcdermott play time. Indiana looking a little too stacked here.

Not too sure what to make of this. What’s the move guys?

Terribly coached team. Keep losing and run same sh** plays so frustrating 

Knew it was only a matter of time before people started b*tching. You guys do realize that he hasn't even played 5 games since missing months, and he's also playing with a brand new team and teammates right?

5 minutes ago, fabrar said:

Knew it was only a matter of time before people started b*tching. You guys do realize that he hasn't even played 5 games since missing months, and he's also playing with a brand new team and teammates right?

There’s that, but there are other factors too. You can’t rule them out. Sabonis demands post play and offense runs through him if you watch any pacers game at all. Caris ain’t with Brooklyn anymore where a year ago he was the 1st scoring option in a tanking squad and earlier in the season where his role was to be a “super 6th man” full control of the bench.

8 minutes ago, lanyabatt said:

There’s that, but there are other factors too. You can’t rule them out. Sabonis demands post play and offense runs through him if you watch any pacers game at all. Caris ain’t with Brooklyn anymore where a year ago he was the 1st scoring option in a tanking squad and earlier in the season where his role was to be a “super 6th man” full control of the bench.

I don't understand - did you expect Sabonis to not be the 1st option who the offense runs through? Caris Levert was always going to be the 3rd option on this team. Was anyone expecting otherwise, for some reason? Sabonis and Brogdon get the majority of touches, and then Levert. 

• Like 1
11 minutes ago, fabrar said:

I don't understand - did you expect Sabonis to not be the 1st option who the offense runs through? Caris Levert was always going to be the 3rd option on this team. Was anyone expecting otherwise, for some reason? Sabonis and Brogdon get the majority of touches, and then Levert. 

Lol this. How dare they run their offense through their All Star ! 

5 minutes ago, fabrar said:

Exactly! You said it. LeVert won’t be the player he was in Brooklyn. You’re saying 3rd option, are you forgetting Myles Turner?? It’s a whole different system my guy. 

I hope I’m wrong, Am I gonna continue to hold? Of course, but I’m turning to this thread to see what everyone else thinks.

17 hours ago, lanyabatt said:

Exactly! You said it. LeVert won’t be the player he was in Brooklyn. You’re saying 3rd option, are you forgetting Myles Turner?? It’s a whole different system my guy. 

I hope I’m wrong, Am I gonna continue to hold? Of course, but I’m turning to this thread to see what everyone else thinks.

Myles Turner isn't their offensive option rofl

• Haha 1
17 hours ago, lanyabatt said:

Dude what are you even arguing about? I already said Caris is not gonna be anywhere close to a first option. I'm not even sure what your point is. 

And Myles Turner as an offensive option? Lol have you ever watched a Pacers game?

Edited by fabrar
38 minutes ago, fabrar said:

Dude what are you even arguing about? I already said Caris is not gonna be anywhere close to a first option. I'm not even sure what your point is. 

And Myles Turner as an offensive option? Lol have you ever watched a Pacers game?

All I’m saying is there should be some decline in production due to the style of play the Pacers have. I threw in Sabonis play style as an example and how stack this pacers team is, and LeVert’s previous roles in Brooklyn. Then you came in saying this; 

“Knew it was only a matter of time before people started b*tching. You guys do realize that he hasn't even played 5 games since missing months, and he's also playing with a brand new team and teammates right?”

Which one is it? Are you saying we need to be  patient for LeVert to get more games in and develop chemistry or has he reached his ceiling as a 3rd option? Should Caris summon his inner TJ Warren? Just look at the numbers bro, you can only have so many facilitators on one squad and that was one of Caris’ strengths. You can kiss rebounds goodbye. He either scores the ball at a high and efficient rate with a couple stocks or his value is 📉

And yeah I agree with Turner being the 3rd offensive option. Went a little too far there. Lol

2 minutes ago, lanyabatt said:

All I’m saying is there should be some decline in production due to the style of play the Pacers have. I threw in Sabonis play style as an example and how stack this pacers team is, and LeVert’s previous roles in Brooklyn. Then you came in saying this; 

“Knew it was only a matter of time before people started b*tching. You guys do realize that he hasn't even played 5 games since missing months, and he's also playing with a brand new team and teammates right?”

Which one is it? Are you saying we need to be  patient for LeVert to get more games in and develop chemistry or has he reached his ceiling as a 3rd option? Should Caris summon his inner TJ Warren? Just look at the numbers bro, you can only have so many facilitators on one squad and that was one of Caris’ strengths. You can kiss rebounds goodbye. He either scores the ball at a high and efficient rate with a couple stocks or his value is 📉

And yeah I agree with Turner being the 3rd offensive option. Went a little too far there. Lol

My post was people already dooming and glooming after he's played like 3 games in a new team and new offense after a very long absence. Was that hard to understand? He's not gonna shoot 28% every night lol, and he's already had some high assist games, and games where he's brought some nice steal numbers. He's also never averaged more than 4 rebounds in his career so that was not a cat he was amazing at to begin with.