NBC Sports Edge Forums

Marcus Smart 2020-2021 Outlook

Loving this statline.  Just wish he didn't hurt my FG% so much (kidding, haha).  

Hey, if anything, he's at least better than Oubre and his FG% drain right now.  :D

• Haha 2
  • Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

( kinda update  )  

Its one game. ONE.

Dear Marcus I think we need discuss something. I wrote Coby White as well and it seemed to work so here it goes. I appreciate the steals and assists. It’s been nice. And I know you have only done

Posted Images

This imo is the trend to watch with Smart after his preseason quotes about shot selection. Last year he shot 11+ times a game. This year through 3 games: 3,12,8 ~ 7

It's way too early, but lets see if he sticks with his shot totals of around 7.5 in line with most of his career instead of his career high last year. And what you're missing out in 3pts from 2.3 to 1.7, maybe you pick up an extra dime per game to offset it (because he's passing instead of shooting). The less Smart shoots, the less that FG% hurts you.

58 minutes ago, NoHablaIngles said:

Anyone have any details about his Thumb injury? I know he had surgery for this exact injury two years ago and im thinking of selling now before this turns out to be a more serious issue.

He had surgery for a sprain before? Is this typical? I wasnt concerned about this until you said “surgery”

2 hours ago, NoHablaIngles said:

Anyone have any details about his Thumb injury? I know he had surgery for this exact injury two years ago and im thinking of selling now before this turns out to be a more serious issue.

relax maaaaaaaaaaaaaan

GEE 

Edited by Stefan
  • Haha 2
2 hours ago, bballmaster said:

He had surgery for a sprain before? Is this typical? I wasnt concerned about this until you said “surgery”

https://www.nba.com/news/boston-celtics-marcus-smart-thumb-surgery-report

Sprain is a pretty vague term. Could mean mild stretching or a tear. I am probably overthinking it; nor is there any evidence to suggest that this will keep him out long-term. But from a guy who's had thumb sprains before, they linger.

13 minutes ago, dragonballz said:

thx man

3 hours ago, NoHablaIngles said:

see ? u can relax now :) 

• Like 1
42 minutes ago, Stefan said:

thx man

see ? u can relax now :) 

The Jewish mother in me likes to worry. "Doesn't Look too bad"?? "getting the day off because of his injury history"?? Oh boy, I am not going to get any sleep tonight. Be ok Marcus!!

8 hours ago, NoHablaIngles said:

The Jewish mother in me likes to worry. "Doesn't Look too bad"?? "getting the day off because of his injury history"?? Oh boy, I am not going to get any sleep tonight. Be ok Marcus!!

ahahha hahaha haha h hah 😂 

5 minutes ago, bballmaster said:

his 3pt/assit/and elite steals are worth it. for 12 man 9 cat league atleast

I'm in a 12 team h2h points, he's been doing decent I just wasn't sure if there was going to be a dropoff with kemba or not

3 minutes ago, ov3 said:

I'm in a 12 team h2h points, he's been doing decent I just wasn't sure if there was going to be a dropoff with kemba or not

yep for 12 man, you keep him even with kemba, he may even more efficient with kemba but doesn't drop off much

Just now, bballmaster said:

yep for 12 man, you keep him even with kemba, he may even more efficient with kemba but doesn't drop off much

do you think their game on friday get's played? 

spacer.png

Dear Marcus

I think we need discuss something. I wrote Coby White as well and it seemed to work so here it goes. I appreciate the steals and assists. It’s been nice. And I know you have only done this once in your career, but please can we get to 40% shooting?

I thought you weren’t going to force anything. But here you are 4/15 chucking away in a blow out loss even missing free throws like you are Dwight Howard. You are shooting 35.6% on the year. Sure, we don’t draft you for your shooting. But please, let’s shoot (no pun intended) for 40%. Thanks!

Sincerely,

Dude that has you on his fantasy team

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 4
3 hours ago, Tekno Team 2000 said:

spacer.png

Dear Marcus

I think we need discuss something. I wrote Coby White as well and it seemed to work so here it goes. I appreciate the steals and assists. It’s been nice. And I know you have only done this once in your career, but please can we get to 40% shooting?

I thought you weren’t going to force anything. But here you are 4/15 chucking away in a blow out loss even missing free throws like you are Dwight Howard. You are shooting 35.6% on the year. Sure, we don’t draft you for your shooting. But please, let’s shoot (no pun intended) for 40%. Thanks!

Sincerely,

Time to trade him away. Kemba Teague preachard all stealing minutes. 

4 hours ago, Tekno Team 2000 said:

spacer.png

Dear Marcus

Sincerely,

If you care FG% and complain Smart's fg%,you are not deserve to own Smart,lol

You should already know he is always a high 30 FG% guy and force you to punt FG%(similar to graham)

His value is stls,assists and low to

Edited by kane