NBC Sports Edge Forums

Malik Beasley 2020-2021 Outlook

Lowkey balled out last season after getting traded to Minnesota. But with all the off court shenanigans and addition of Edwards it seems like people are forgetting how good he was. Having Rubio should help as he is more of an off-ball/spot up shooter type. In all of my drafts he has gone in the last two rounds, and every time, I've taken him with no hesitation. At that price he is easily worth the gamble imo.

• Replies 338
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Ah, so you guys can stop discussing a player, because someone who didnt draft him felt the need to come in here and tell you guys he's not interested.

How do you compare Covid to suspension due to a felony charge? lol

-where does this leave Beasley when he returns next week? starting SG  

Posted Images

Dont think the Wolves is paying him 15M a year to sit on the bench, in my opinion he will have good minutes like 27+. If that happens, he will be a good source of 3's and some points, with good FT and solid FG. 

Really like him as a reserve SG in my 18-team.

1 hour ago, DonutGiveUp said:

Pretty sure Mr. Larsa will be suspended to start due to off court issues

Yes, but for how long? My understanding is a family came by his home during a "parade of homes" event, and he brandished a rifle in their direction and told them to leave - and they did. When the police arrived, they smelled weed, searched the house, and found 1.75 lbs of weed plus a stolen firearm from Denver. The only recent suspensions I can think of that are in the same ballpark are (1) Darren Collison's 8-games after pleading guilty to domestic battery against his wife, and (2) Willie Reed's 6-game suspension for dragging his wife across a parking lot. So what does Beasley get? 3 games? 5 games?

Let's break this down.

1. It's ok to own a gun, and to show it while standing on your own property "defending your home." But if you are alleged to have pointed it, that is a problem.
  2. Point a gun (allegedly), then the po-po come, then they "smell weed" and it's probable cause for po-po to search your home, and find the weed. Which is itself legal in most states and at the federal level.
  3. He held hands in public with a floozie, while married.

These are his crimes against humanity? Give me a break. I include the 3rd "incident" because public perception of morality is all this is about. He may even be a jerk irl, but I don't have the data to know even that. (Let's also ignore that gun rights seem to work differently for white people than for black people. There, I said it.)

A competent lawyer will get him off with a fine. The only complication is that the charges will be pending when the season starts. Hearing date is Dec 29. I would bet a dollar he will be playing after that.

He apparently pointed a shotgun at a child so punishment wont be light and it shouldnt be, OJ Mayo and Tyreke Evans got 2 year bans for drugs this clown should get much worse 

https://nba.nbcsports.com/2020/11/05/timberwolves-malik-beasley-accused-of-pointing-gun-in-general-direction-of-son/#:~:text=Timberwolves guard Malik Beasley was,in front of his house.

• Thanks 1
1 hour ago, DonutGiveUp said:

He apparently pointed a shotgun at a child so punishment wont be light and it shouldnt be, OJ Mayo and Tyreke Evans got 2 year bans for drugs this clown should get much worse 

https://nba.nbcsports.com/2020/11/05/timberwolves-malik-beasley-accused-of-pointing-gun-in-general-direction-of-son/#:~:text=Timberwolves guard Malik Beasley was,in front of his house.

OJ Mayo was a 2x PED offender. Tyreke Evans was a 2x or 3x "drugs of abuse" violator (the league has 2 stages that first need to be cleared before a 2-year ban is handed down. Either he failed 3 tests, or he failed 2 and didn't undergo treatment after the first violation. The league doesn't disclose details). Both suspensions were handed down by the book.

Regarding Beasley, I don't know what to make of it. "In the general direction" is super vague, and this note was simply an added detail on the court petition related to his other charges. If he pointed the gun "at" the child with any sort of intent or as a threat, would he not have been charged with misdemeanor malicious punishment of a child?

The NBA's personal conduct policy defines child abuse as "any act or failure to act as a parent, caregiver, or adult, that results in death, serious physical or emotional harm, or sexual or other exploitation of a child."

I imagine the NBA will look (or have looked) at the tape and will determine whether the child was at risk of being hurt or killed. I'm expecting something short of what they gave Darren Collison (who plead guilty and actually inflicted injury on his wife), but the devil is in the details and there is certainly more than enough going around for me to be convinced that Beasley is a moron at best, and a bad guy at worst.

17 minutes ago, perkinsfor3 said:

Ah, so you guys can stop discussing a player, because someone who didnt draft him felt the need to come in here and tell you guys he's not interested.

Ahahhahahhahahahha (tearz 😂😂😂😂)

1 hour ago, mbroo5880i said:

The problem with off court issues is it shows he is easily distracted.  Too many young players with talent have been easily distracted and watched their careers and money disappear.  

I dunno. The Timberwolves just handed him $60 million. Seems to be doing alright.

Its tough owning Beasley with a suspension looming. Especially with his good preseason (albeit no Russel). And he balled out at the end of last year. I'm wondering if having a streamer spot is better than this head case but he's got a lot of potential. I dont really want to lose multiple weeks hanging on to this guy. Does anyone know at what point the NBA will announce their suspension? 

• tonycpsu changed the title to Malik Beasley 2020-2021 Outlook