NBC Sports Edge Forums

Malik Beasley 2020-2021 Outlook

9 minutes ago, MantisToboggan said:

If the Wolves weren't complete trash, would Beasley be fantasy relevant? Why has he been so bad the past five years and then suddenly plays well in front of empty stadiums on a tanking, last place team in 14 games? Beasley has hit his ceiling and won't be worth the 9 game, no IR hold. And yes, that tree smoking bum stole Montana, drop city inc bet 💨🧱

He does have more opportunity this year. Would he be worth the hold if it was only 2 games?

• Replies 338
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Ah, so you guys can stop discussing a player, because someone who didnt draft him felt the need to come in here and tell you guys he's not interested.

How do you compare Covid to suspension due to a felony charge? lol

-where does this leave Beasley when he returns next week? starting SG  

Posted Images

55 minutes ago, MantisToboggan said:

If the Wolves weren't complete trash, would Beasley be fantasy relevant? Why has he been so bad the past five years and then suddenly plays well in front of empty stadiums on a tanking, last place team in 14 games? Beasley has hit his ceiling and won't be worth the 9 game, no IR hold. And yes, that tree smoking bum stole Montana, drop city inc bet 💨🧱

The hell do you mean in empty stadiums? He averaged 20.7 with the Wolves BEFORE the shutdown. 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, MantisToboggan said:

are u Scottie Pippen Sr. or Jr.?

• Haha 6
7 hours ago, MantisToboggan said:

actually he was really good on denver, he just didn’t have as much opportunity 

and generally, role players get more opportunity on shiity teams..... 

so yea, his production in minnesota is the real deal. drop him if u want, but unless you’re desperate to reach playoffs, that would be an awful move. 

9 hours ago, MantisToboggan said:

meme_488x400.jpg.948d89c0d657eb67b7950faf192b6476.jpg

7 hours ago, L3onD said:

are u Scottie Pippen Sr. or Jr.?

aHAHaHah ha ahah ahh ah ah ahH AahaHahahaH aH ah aha ha hah h ahah @L3onD you f ucker 
ahhaah why u did him like that 
ahaha hah ah ah ahahahhahaahah

• 3 weeks later...

Edwards is hot, D-Lo is back, Nowell is playing well, and Rubio back to the bench...... where does this leave Beasley when he returns next week?? I held onto him for weeks but I think it's time to drop him. No way he continues to be the 2nd option on Minny now when their focus should be to develop the rookies. Does Beasley get traded?????

15 minutes ago, mtx said:

Edwards is hot, D-Lo is back, Nowell is playing well, and Rubio back to the bench...... where does this leave Beasley when he returns next week?? I held onto him for weeks but I think it's time to drop him. No way he continues to be the 2nd option on Minny now when their focus should be to develop the rookies. Does Beasley get traded?????

nah I think he'll be their 6th man 14-16ppg 45% FG 2-3 3's not much else with a full roster. 

42 minutes ago, megaplayboy said:

nah I think he'll be their 6th man 14-16ppg 45% FG 2-3 3's not much else with a full roster. 

hes gonna start

1 hour ago, mtx said:

you’re out of your mind

hes 24 years old and part of their future

• Like 2
6 hours ago, mtx said:

It will be 3 years before his prime, if anything they want to play the 4 top starters together this year to see what they have, in case they have to make a decision on a top 3 draft next year. Also they are not guaranteed to get that pick too, so why give up talent?

it’s ludicrous to even think their most consistent player this season and most of the time the best one (yeah, i said it) whos only what, 24 and is on a 4yr 60mil deal (which is even a bigger steal than grant’s contract) is going to get crossed out cause he missed a 12 game period in which a n1 overall pick made a leap...it’s like these guys cannot coexist and a team cannot coexist with 4 really good players on the same roster....

if someone’s going to lose his usage with d-lo’s return, it’s clearly antman...and i don’t even think that’ll be the end case since it’s not a given that d-lo is going to actually finish the season (we are all wel aware KAT and him might be babysitted as the reg season nears its finish - which is now)

the **** i read here sometimes is unfathomable...he’s in a perfect situation to finish the season as strong as he started it since he actually fits the archetype of a player playing next to two all star guys (d-lo is certainly capable of being one, doesn’t need to be one per se to fit the criteria)

Edited by L3onD
  • Like 1

I’m predicting a healthy MIN starting LU will look like this; 

DLo

Beasley

Edwards

Vandy

Towns 

I think Finch will want to take some time to let this unit gel and see where they go from there. Tanking should not be part of their “intentions” going forward as they’ve pretty much secured a bottom 4 finish already, which means a mediocre second half won’t bear much impact on the odds of retaining their protected pick anyways (unless they somehow climb out of the bottom four, surpassing HOU, DET and any two of ORL, WAS & CLE — not likely).  

TLDR; Beasley should continue seeing 30 mpg, but usage will not be as high ROS.  

Edited by 80version
Words
23 minutes ago, 80version said:

I’m predicting a healthy MIN starting LU will look like this; 

DLo

Beasley

Edwards

Vandy

Towns 

I think Finch will want to take some time to let this unit gel and see where they go from there. Tanking should not be part of their “intentions” going forward as they’ve pretty much secured a bottom 4 finish already, which means a mediocre second half won’t bear much impact on the odds of retaining their protected pick anyways (unless they somehow climb out of the bottom four, surpassing HOU, DET and any two of ORL, WAS & CLE — not likely).  

TLDR; Beasley should continue seeing 30 mpg, but usage will not be as high ROS.  

Looks like chuck city to me, as long as Towns is okay playing PG lol.

39 minutes ago, mtx said:

Looks like chuck city to me, as long as Towns is okay playing PG lol.

Finch is on record saying he would like to run the O through KAT.  As noted previously he is credited with doing the same with Jokic and unlocking his potential, which means surrounding him with shooters.  

13 hours ago, mtx said:

What a winning move... let's hold him for weeks and then drop him as he is returning this week. You are either trolling or have negative IQ. 🤡

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
4 minutes ago, RAGINGROOSTER said:

What a winning move... let's hold him for weeks and then drop him as he is returning this week. You are either trolling or have negative IQ. 🤡

Yeah I was able to stay afloat for weeks but now there are tough decisions to make and different opportunities to explore. Just making the best move for my team and things can always change after 3-4 weeks, nothing is set in stone. But clearly you guys pay attention to Minny news more than I do so how can I not trust you guys! 

16 hours ago, mtx said:

Exactly, desperately holding onto Malik Beasley hurts you in two ways. You most likely lost your match ups (by a lot in most cases) and missed out on adding a potential sleeper/stud in his spot. I tried to warn ya bud, but with Edwards finally being unleashed, D'Lo back from injury and Rubio playing well, it's looking like pure drop city.

Edited by MantisToboggan
18 minutes ago, MantisToboggan said:

Exactly, desperately holding onto Malik Beasley hurts you in two ways. You most likely lost your match ups (by a lot in most cases) and missed out on adding a potential sleeper/stud in his spot. I tried to warn ya bud, but with Edwards finally being unleashed, D'Lo back from injury and Rubio playing well, it's looking like pure drop city.

I personally dropped him as soon as he was suspended i had 5 injured guys already but to drop now makes zero sense? I never get this logic of holding players and as soon as they're close drop

• Haha 1
6 minutes ago, DonutGiveUp said:

I personally dropped him as soon as he was suspended i had 5 injured guys already but to drop now makes zero sense? I never get this logic of holding players and as soon as they're close drop

He's a troll don't entertain him.

• Like 2
16 hours ago, mtx said:

-where does this leave Beasley when he returns next week?

starting SG

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 4
1 hour ago, MantisToboggan said:

I know you want ppl to drop him, so you can add him. Sheeeeeeeeeeeeeeesh.

1 hour ago, DonutGiveUp said:

I punted categories that didn't exactly require pure volume so I was still able to still stay "competitive", win/lose close matchups i.e. 5-4 but still have a chance at the top seed. But I'm getting antsy now because the team is playing relatively well without him and they seem to have figured out the rotation bit minus Vanderbilt/McDaniels. I looked back and dropping him in the beginning wouldn't have made a big difference in standings because I was still able to grab and drop other guys that I needed to assist my fantasy build. It could make a difference now since my schedule is tougher these next 3 weeks and playoffs are just around the corner. I know many don't agree with the sit and wait approach but I had a luxury to do so. I just wanted to know if the team's relative success would hinder Beasley's return or not!