NBC Sports Edge Forums

Malik Beasley 2020-2021 Outlook

• Replies 338
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Ah, so you guys can stop discussing a player, because someone who didnt draft him felt the need to come in here and tell you guys he's not interested.

How do you compare Covid to suspension due to a felony charge? lol

-where does this leave Beasley when he returns next week? starting SG  

Posted Images

3 hours ago, CORTEz said:

Keep in mind that he averaged 18 PPG when KAT was out of the lineup, and a couple when Russell was out. Going to be much different with KAT and Russell both healthy.

You were saying???

what you don’t get is he went from a team that had Jokic, Murray, Barton, Millsap, Harris etc too a team that has towns and russel , they been starving for a 3rd scorer..... Malik is no joke and he’s about too put the league on notice and larsa is just motivation at this point 😂

4 hours ago, CORTEz said:

Keep in mind that he averaged 18 PPG when KAT was out of the lineup, and a couple when Russell was out. Going to be much different with KAT and Russell both healthy.

No this is not true. I remember thinking how KAT's magnetic force was working well for Beas, and vice versa. He is the perfect 3p shooter to play with KAT. His stroke is true.

1 minute ago, hornrimmed_rambis said:

No this is not true. I remember thinking how KAT's magnetic force was working well for Beas, and vice versa. He is the perfect 3p shooter to play with KAT. His stroke is true.

Amen 🙏 too that brotha, the dude should average 18+ a game this year on this team and at a high clip, loved this dude in Denver but they never game him a chance and he would always get inconsistent minutes.  But yeah he’s the truth , don’t sleep 💤 on this guy

• tonycpsu changed the title to Malik Beasley 2020-2021 Outlook

After his second good game, he is quietly 71-ranked overall, while his plea deal seems to address his crime adequately. He will be home monitored for 120 days after the season, and assuming he serves this, his charge will be reduced to a misdemeanor. 

I'm starting to wonder if he will get any suspension at all. Not sure what would trigger it at this point. There is no new news that will come out, other than the next "scandalous" Larsa Pippen tweet.

The league may prefer to just let this thing blow over at this point, instead of unnecessarily making it a headline again.

4 minutes ago, hornrimmed_rambis said:

After his second good game, he is quietly 71-ranked overall, while his plea deal seems to address his crime adequately. He will be home monitored for 120 days after the season, and assuming he serves this, his charge will be reduced to a misdemeanor. 

I'm starting to wonder if he will get any suspension at all. Not sure what would trigger it at this point. There is no new news that will come out, other than the next "scandalous" Larsa Pippen tweet.

The league may prefer to just let this thing blow over at this point, instead of unnecessarily making it a headline again.

Yeah, this whole suspension saga is really weird. You would think they would get on it right away, if they were going to...so far he played 2 games lol. He was dropped for Keldon in one of my leagues and just sitting on the ww right now, normally prob snagged up ASAP, these suspension scaring ppl off it seems. Had to make the add

16 minutes ago, Del Rio said:

All I needed was a 3 and an assist from this dude... I'll let it pass since it was a bad night for the Wolves altogether.

Yeah, it's not his fault, but he will continue to suffer without KAT. He gets his open 3p looks due to KAT's gravity.

This dude popped today, even added stocks which he usually doesn't. But man it's hard to gauge his value if he was available to FAAB bid on tonight or the next few days. With how many WW guys that have emerged in the last 1-2 weeks, I could possibly see him available in a small % of 12-teamers like Yahoo's where you only have 3 bench spots. 2 nights ago he went for $2 in one of my leagues.

He actually comes off waivers in one of my leagues tonight, dropped by an owner for Tyus Jones or somebody like that who brings more valuable rare stats in AST & STLs. Obviously before tonight's outburst when he was putting up boring lines.

When does Kat return?

Does his scoring & 3s help you, as opposed to a player on your bench who brings more rare stats (eg Robert Williams)?

It's weird to evaluate a guy that just put up 27/5/2/1/2 and not get that excited but know he has value.

This is my opinion, for FWIW.

Had him last year and after he went to the wolves he was mostly great.  Sometimes his shot isn't dropping and he might lose some minutes in those games if some other guard gets hot. 

Watched a little of them last night and they actually led Denver going into the 4th quarter. Then Denver went on a 15-0 run and the game was over.  They just chuck up a bunch of 3's with little inside game or offensive rebounding. So good teams can do the wolves in a a short span when the 3's don't drop.

Saunders needs to win to keep his job. So predicting playing time with this roster may be difficult.  KAT and DLO will be fixtures.

The rest (Culver, Edwards, Okogie, Beasley, Rubio and Beasley) all could get major minutes depending on the game and Saunders trying to get a win.

57 minutes ago, rabaak said:

This is my opinion, for FWIW.

Had him last year and after he went to the wolves he was mostly great.  Sometimes his shot isn't dropping and he might lose some minutes in those games if some other guard gets hot. 

Watched a little of them last night and they actually led Denver going into the 4th quarter. Then Denver went on a 15-0 run and the game was over.  They just chuck up a bunch of 3's with little inside game or offensive rebounding. So good teams can do the wolves in a a short span when the 3's don't drop.

Saunders needs to win to keep his job. So predicting playing time with this roster may be difficult.  KAT and DLO will be fixtures.

The rest (Culver, Edwards, Okogie, Beasley, Rubio and Beasley) all could get major minutes depending on the game and Saunders trying to get a win.

you forgot one extremely important factor here.. Beasley got PAID by the Wolves management.. he's going to get his..money talks..  the legal matter is the only issue i am concerned with.  They paid him to do exactly what hes doing.. all aboard!

40 minutes ago, MNDOGG said:

you forgot one extremely important factor here.. Beasley got PAID by the Wolves management.. he's going to get his..money talks..  the legal matter is the only issue i am concerned with.  They paid him to do exactly what hes doing.. all aboard!

As stated previously this season will not be affected. The legal stuff is a moot point right now .

• Like 1
54 minutes ago, GarrettHasTheClap said:

As stated previously this season will not be affected. The legal stuff is a moot point right now .

then all aboard!   he will be top 75 this season .. steal this year

1 hour ago, GarrettHasTheClap said:

do you have source or link that confirms this? wish i knew this last week as im in a weekly lineup league and have been afraid to play him

7 minutes ago, Packerguy55 said:

do you have source or link that confirms this? wish i knew this last week as im in a weekly lineup league and have been afraid to play him

+1 where’s the link? Rotoworld Kees saying suspension looming and it’s likely a long suspension 

2 hours ago, MNDOGG said:

That is a good point. But Saunders is running the rotations/lineups. And he wants to keep his job.