NBC Sports EDGE Forums

Malik Beasley 2020-2021 Outlook

ILuvABGs

1 hour ago, Brye said:

+1 where’s the link? Rotoworld Kees saying suspension looming and it’s likely a long suspension 

2 minutes ago, jayhova123 said:

Is he suspended or what? This is killing me.

look at the tweets above.. pretty insane how no one is literally looking at the previous posts when its on the same page.edit: (page 3), reply made it to page 4 now.

Edited by XNW
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Packerguy55 said:

do you have source or link that confirms this? wish i knew this last week as im in a weekly lineup league and have been afraid to play him

There’s a report about 15 posts above this. 

39 minutes ago, rabaak said:

That is a good point. But Saunders is running the rotations/lineups. And he wants to keep his job.

Right and that’s one way to lose your job quick. To not play the guys that your boss has paid millions to, to keep playing at a high level. 

9 minutes ago, Bugs bunny said:

There’s a report about 15 posts above this. 

I see the post where it indicates he is not serving jail time or home confinement until season is over but nothing in regards to whether the nba is suspending him...

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Packerguy55 said:

I see the post where it indicates he is not serving jail time or home confinement until season is over but nothing in regards to whether the nba is suspending him...

True

23 minutes ago, jayhova123 said:

Does anyone know what happens in basketball when a player faces suspension? Does yahoo give them the IR tag so you can stash?

They do not. This was an issue last year for Ayton and Collins owners. 

Yeah well I dropped him for Jordan Clarkson as from all indications he will be serving a suspension this Season and it could be a long one, and ww is pretty bare for pgs so I can’t take the risk in a 12 teamer, I hope I made the right choice ......

I found this in one of the local Mpls outlets::

Timberwolves guard Malik Beasley reached an agreement with the Hennepin County Attorney’s office Monday in which Beasley pled guilty to a charge of threats of violence, while a charge of drug possession will be dismissed.

Beasley will either serve time in a workhouse or have 120 days of home monitoring. Any time is expected to be served after the completion of the upcoming NBA season.

The NBA still could suspend Beasley, though it is unknown whether the league would hand down any punishment prior to Beasley’s formal sentencing hearing on Feb. 9, at which point the judge likely will accept the terms of the plea deal. 

The felony to which Beasley pled guilty Monday will be converted to a misdemeanor if he successfully completes his probation, which he could do in as soon as two years.

1 minute ago, BykeINIT said:

is everyone here slow?

there was literally an article posted here that said he’s not serving his suspension until AFTER the season

am i missing something?? 

It’s his Court Sentence that won’t be served until after the season. The suspension through the NBA is what people are waiting for and is still looming. Most likely the NBA won’t suspend him until after his February 9th final Court hearing where he’ll officially be sentenced. So I’d imagine if NBA is going to suspend him it will be shortly after Feb. 9th. But nobody knows what the NBA plans are for him at this point. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, BykeINIT said:

is everyone here slow?

there was literally an article posted here that said he’s not serving his suspension until AFTER the season

am i missing something?? 

Mysteries in History with your host, Peter Graves!

Peter Graves: Although no one has ever been able to prove it's existance, a quasi-fantasy agency known as the "article posted here" supposedly carries updated suspension information here on rotoworld in order to keep us safe from dropping Malik Beasley throughout the fantasy galaxies. Here is one of their stories that never happened, from one of their files that doesn't exist...

2 hours ago, Bugs bunny said:

It’s his Court Sentence that won’t be served until after the season. The suspension through the NBA is what people are waiting for and is still looming. Most likely the NBA won’t suspend him until after his February 9th final Court hearing where he’ll officially be sentenced. So I’d imagine if NBA is going to suspend him it will be shortly after Feb. 9th. But nobody knows what the NBA plans are for him at this point. 

i see

my opinion, he gets 2-3 games and a fine from the league