NBC Sports Edge Forums

Received this offer in my 20 team dynasty:

Elieser Hernandez & Luis Garcia (HOU) 

for

Gary Sanchez, Darwinzon Hernandez & Cal Quantrill

What are you thoughts? I kinda don’t wanna sell Hernandez but also his value is high right now.  Sanchez value couldn’t be lower.

I could use a catcher as I only have Maldonado and Alfaro with Wells far away in the pipeline.

Edited by apap414

Thanks for your help on mine, but I dont know enough about the players as a whole to make a good case. Im pretty bearish on Sanchez though. You might be better off rolling with Alfaro or Maldonado and seeing what your young starters can do. 

I think I would make the move, especially if you have some sort of depth at SP.  Not too long ago, Sanchez was a top C asset, and in 20 team leagues, any production from the C spot is a nice advantage.  The cost is cheap IMO, as you are basically giving up a #3/#4 SP who I dont see can get much better than that.  Plus Elieser is coming off an injury and you are getting 2 dart throw SP back.  I think the reward outweighs the risk here, so I would roll the dice and hope Sanchez gets moved or his head out of his a**.  He is still young enough to be able to turn it around somewhat.  And with the DH likely looking more and more likely in both leagues by 2022, his power could play in that role if he can get the k/rate back down somewhat.  Sanchez still makes plenty of hard contact when he does put the bat on the ball

Edited by TheTruth024
  • Like 1