NBC Sports Edge Forums

Kevin Love 2020-2021 Outlook

• Replies 372
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

When KLove is injured, he's like that poop on the grass that everyone passes and ignores but deep down, you know it can be dam good fertilizer. 

Love is gonna be back on feb 14. I have a good feeling. 

Talking out of his a**

idk, to me I'd easily take him over guys like: Thomas Bryant, Markkanen, Dejounte Murray who I see people putting above him, which makes him solidly in the 6th round.  His 3 point ability and consistency with scoring and rebounding are too nice.

The injury concerns are fair, but again he was healthy last season.  I guess my biggest concern with him would be injury and if coaches decide to go with Nance Jr. over him since they're rebuilding.

Edited by sld12
  • Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

I already had a ton of bigs but he was still available at 104 so I had to take him.  I'm also building around Steph and Trae so he's a perfect fit.

That being said, the injury concerns are already beginning so it appears as though he wasn't the steal I thought at 104 😕

Edited by sld12
3 minutes ago, sld12 said:

I already had a ton of bigs but he was still available at 104 so I had to take him.  I'm also building around Steph and Trae so he's a perfect fit.

That being said, the injury concerns are already beginning so it appears as though he wasn't the steal I thought at 104 😕

You aren’t serious right? If he’s available at 104 you are in a trash easy to win league.

1 minute ago, RunCMC said:

As an owner I wish he gets traded to a contender. Atleast he’ll play most games

Yeah that's what everyone hopes every season but his contract is just about untradeable. Best you can do is dump him on a rookie manager after he strings together a couple weeks of solid games

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, stay_woke said:

Yeah that's what everyone hopes every season but his contract is just about untradeable. Best you can do is dump him on a rookie manager after he strings together a couple weeks of solid games

Might as well keep him. We all got him for dirt cheap. 

And I’m weak at the position. As I believe most are if you drafted Love. 

If not more power to you. But it’s hard finding bigs who does what he does.

His game fits any build. 

Just crossing my fingers he doesn’t rest too much. 

• Like 1
9 hours ago, RLDN106 said:

In general, they wait until a guy is projected to miss 7+ days to give the INJ tag.

It's actually 3 games not 7 days. But yeah they either have to be projected to miss at least 3 or otherwise they get it after they're marked out for their third game

7 hours ago, stay_woke said:

It's actually 3 games not 7 days. But yeah they either have to be projected to miss at least 3 or otherwise they get it after they're marked out for their third game

Yeah I think the confusion stems from the fact that they don't actually adhere to the rules. Guy's have gotten the INJ tag after one game missed, and guys have missed 3+ without getting it. Hopefully it's something Yahoo cleans up this year.

• Like 1
  • tonycpsu changed the title to Kevin Love 2020-2021 Outlook
29 minutes ago, DonutGiveUp said:

This dude needs to leave already or come off the bench. Free Nance! 

I don’t think anyone wants to take on that contract especially with love’s injury risk and lack of defense but at the same time he did win the cavs a championship and is too good to not play

4 minutes ago, BallAnd1 said:

I don’t think anyone wants to take on that contract especially with love’s injury risk and lack of defense but at the same time he did win the cavs a championship and is too good to not play

Thing is he takes away from the development of the younger players. I never thought Paul, Westbrook or Wall would get traded so you never know 

8 minutes ago, DonutGiveUp said:

Thing is he takes away from the development of the younger players. I never thought Paul, Westbrook or Wall would get traded so you never know 

Which is why they have to play him minutes to showcase him and prove he can stay healthy and produce like CP3 did in OKC. Westbrook and wall was a lateral move though since both teams just needed a change in scenery. Still don’t think they’d be movable for real assets and I think CP3 is a notch above the other guys because of his ability to improve the rest of the team as well as produce himself and open the floor and play defense. 

Also, I wouldn’t trust the cavs to do the smart thing. The organization is still kind of a mess. 

Edited by BallAnd1
1 hour ago, BallAnd1 said:

Which is why they have to play him minutes to showcase him and prove he can stay healthy and produce like CP3 did in OKC. Westbrook and wall was a lateral move though since both teams just needed a change in scenery. Still don’t think they’d be movable for real assets and I think CP3 is a notch above the other guys because of his ability to improve the rest of the team as well as produce himself and open the floor and play defense. 

Also, I wouldn’t trust the cavs to do the smart thing. The organization is still kind of a mess. 

Agree on the last part for sure. There’s no need to showcase him the league knows who he is. An injury prone dude who can stretch the floor but kills you on the defensive side 

• Like 1