NBC Sports Edge Forums

Kevin Love 2020-2021 Outlook

On 2/11/2021 at 8:00 AM, davidhammer said:

Give me 17 & 8 with 2,5 3s and I‘m happy

I still think he‘s the vocal point of this offense once he‘s fully healthy 

Maybe 3 years ago.  He's nowhere near the player he used to be and he can't even be trusted to stay healthy as a role player.  I doubt he can shoulder a heavier load on offense even with min restrictions, resting, etc that teams do now.

Cavs are just counting down the days until this guy is actually a tradable asset as an expiring.

• Like 1
  • Replies 382
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

When KLove is injured, he's like that poop on the grass that everyone passes and ignores but deep down, you know it can be dam good fertilizer. 

Love is gonna be back on feb 14. I have a good feeling. 

Talking out of his a**

12 minutes ago, ComeOnAndSlam said:

Maybe 3 years ago.  He's nowhere near the player he used to be and he can't even be trusted to stay healthy as a role player.  I doubt he can shoulder a heavier load on offense even with min restrictions, resting, etc that teams do now.

Cavs are just counting down the days until this guy is actually a tradable asset as an expiring.

He had pretty good  numbers in 2019 in 56 games.  Probably his best since 2016.  He only 32 years old.  So I would not be so quick to write him off. 

2 hours ago, rabaak said:

He had pretty good  numbers in 2019 in 56 games.  Probably his best since 2016.  He only 32 years old.  So I would not be so quick to write him off. 

The age doesn't really matter.  It's the injury history and the mileage on his body.  Blake Griffin is only 31 but can barely jump and struggles to back down guards.  If someone farts on the court Blake falls over.  Steven Adams is only 27 but runs around like an old man.  Love has had so many non-contact soft tissue injuries now and that situation doesn't improve as you get older.

• Haha 2
5 hours ago, ComeOnAndSlam said:

The age doesn't really matter.  It's the injury history and the mileage on his body.  Blake Griffin is only 31 but can barely jump and struggles to back down guards.  If someone farts on the court Blake falls over.  Steven Adams is only 27 but runs around like an old man.  Love has had so many non-contact soft tissue injuries now and that situation doesn't improve as you get older.

I think it‘s safe to assume he‘s going to deliver once he‘s healthy (17&10 as he always did throughout is career), the big question is if and when he ever gets fully healthy again 

• Like 1
2 hours ago, RonnieRonaldo said:

he's gotta be back after the ASB, fingers crossed

Lots of appealing options who should be back after ASB. Love, Nurk, Mitch, JJJ, A.Gordon floating on wires 

• Like 1
36 minutes ago, j3rkthenurk said:

Depends on the injury really. 

From what I've read most of these dudes should be back after the break so here's hoping 🙏

3 minutes ago, DonutGiveUp said:

From what I've read most of these dudes should be back after the break so here's hoping 🙏

I know most of them are back. I was saying it depends in regards to their appeal, on whether they play B2Bs and how limited they will be when they return. 

• Like 1
13 minutes ago, j3rkthenurk said:

I know most of them are back. I was saying it depends in regards to their appeal, on whether they play B2Bs and how limited they will be when they return. 

Love, Gordon and JJJ will be annoying at first. Nurk and Mitch should be good to go right away 

• Like 2
On 2/28/2021 at 9:49 PM, DonutGiveUp said:

Lots of appealing options who should be back after ASB. Love, Nurk, Mitch, JJJ, A.Gordon floating on wires 

lol none of those guys should be floating on wires at this moment unless 0 IL and 10-team and under lol

2 hours ago, TheBoondocks said:

lol none of those guys should be floating on wires at this moment unless 0 IL and 10-team and under lol

Bro in one league I got Mitch, AD, Nurk, LeVert all out. I stashed Gordon in another and after tonight will be grabbing Love

^^i’m sitting on 

mitch robinson, kevin love, cj mccolum, caris levert, lauri markannen, malik beasley, jaren jackson jr. 

have all those in 2 different leagues

sitting in first place both leagues, so i’ve positioned myself to beast during playoffs

additionally, dangelo russell is available in both those leagues as well.. not sure if he’ll be back in time though so i’m passing up on that one.  

1 hour ago, DonutGiveUp said:

Bro in one league I got Mitch, AD, Nurk, LeVert all out. I stashed Gordon in another and after tonight will be grabbing Love

The more prevelent detail is how bad a mgrs standings are, but in any case if those guys are on the wire it says a lot about how competitive a league is (assuming 12T with IR spots), less so about the individual mgr.  I just went through a 10+ day stretch in one league with AD, PG13, Jrue, Mitch, Markkanen and OG all out and 3 IR spots (thank god) — essentially manuevering with a 10-man roster — but held every one of them because I was at the top of the standings.  I know damn well each and every one of them would get claimed once dropped.  Now that only 3 of them are hurt it’s Beasley posting zeros, and I have to consider moving him because I no longer have the luxury of taking a bunch of L’s after getting my teeth kicked in for a few weeks. 

tldr; that choice is situational, but if all those players are sitting in FA waiting to be claimed in a 12T with IR, it might not be a competitive league. 

Regarding Love, he is brittle and a safe bet to miss a bunch of games even when relatively healthy, in a much diminished role with the emergence of the Cavs young core.  He is someone I would pick up if available, but definitely prioritizing lower than the big names that are on the mend (JJJ, Nurk, Mitch).  I would much rather take a chance on Love than Air Gordon aka Mr. Inefficient though. 

What emergence? Do you mean Dean Wade?

This year is Jarrett Allen + McGee at C and Love + Nance at PF. Drummond phased out, McGee about to be traded.

Last year was Drummond at C and Love + Nance at PF. Tristan Thompson phased out. 

2018-2019 was Tristan Thompson at C and Love + Nance at PF. 

Basically, this will be the 3rd season that Nance and Love share the front court with a high usage, high min center. Love has been a top player when healthy there previous 2 seasons in this arrangement so u don’t see why that’d change now. 

Btw, it sounds like Love is already healthy enough to play but they’re just sitting him until after the break bc they can. 

1 hour ago, 80version said:

The more prevelent detail is how bad a mgrs standings are, but in any case if those guys are on the wire it says a lot about how competitive a league is (assuming 12T with IR spots), less so about the individual mgr.  I just went through a 10+ day stretch in one league with AD, PG13, Jrue, Mitch, Markkanen and OG all out and 3 IR spots (thank god) — essentially manuevering with a 10-man roster — but held every one of them because I was at the top of the standings.  I know damn well each and every one of them would get claimed once dropped.  Now that only 3 of them are hurt it’s Beasley posting zeros, and I have to consider moving him because I no longer have the luxury of taking a bunch of L’s after getting my teeth kicked in for a few weeks. 

tldr; that choice is situational, but if all those players are sitting in FA waiting to be claimed in a 12T with IR, it might not be a competitive league. 

Regarding Love, he is brittle and a safe bet to miss a bunch of games even when relatively healthy, in a much diminished role with the emergence of the Cavs young core.  He is someone I would pick up if available, but definitely prioritizing lower than the big names that are on the mend (JJJ, Nurk, Mitch).  I would much rather take a chance on Love than Air Gordon aka Mr. Inefficient though. 

The extended rest should help Love and Cavs are in a position to make a post season run and lately have been excellent. Getting that veteran leadership can only help and if they can get into the play in games it gives the youngsters more experience and drive 

1 hour ago, claptondecheeks said:

What emergence? Do you mean Dean Wade?

This year is Jarrett Allen + McGee at C and Love + Nance at PF. Drummond phased out, McGee about to be traded.

Last year was Drummond at C and Love + Nance at PF. Tristan Thompson phased out. 

2018-2019 was Tristan Thompson at C and Love + Nance at PF. 

Basically, this will be the 3rd season that Nance and Love share the front court with a high usage, high min center. Love has been a top player when healthy there previous 2 seasons in this arrangement so u don’t see why that’d change now. 

Btw, it sounds like Love is already healthy enough to play but they’re just sitting him until after the break bc they can. 

Hey now show some respect to the greatest D. Wade to play the game! Jokes aside Wade, Windler and Prince aren't taking minutes away from Love and like i said above the extended rest can only help for the second half plus Cavs are competitive so they have every incentive to play him