NBC Sports Edge Forums

Kevin Love 2020-2021 Outlook

3 minutes ago, DonutGiveUp said:

Hey now show some respect to the greatest D. Wade to play the game! Jokes aside Wade, Windler and Prince aren't taking minutes away from Love and like i said above the extended rest can only help for the second half plus Cavs are competitive so they have every incentive to play him

Agreed. People slept on Love before the season bc it’s the Cavs and he’s injury prone. Now they’re even more asleep bc he missed 3 months with a calf injury. 

• Like 1
  • Replies 382
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

When KLove is injured, he's like that poop on the grass that everyone passes and ignores but deep down, you know it can be dam good fertilizer. 

Love is gonna be back on feb 14. I have a good feeling. 

Talking out of his a**

Sorry to be a Debbie downer. But to me, this not encouraging at all. He does back to back practices and it hurts again. 

Nance is on our Waiver wire and I'm considering just dropping Love for Nance.

I just don't think that Love is going to stay on the court this year with him rehabilitating since the end of Dec and he still his being treated for soreness after pregame workouts.

And if he does play, they probably will have him on a 10-15 minutes restriction for games, no back to backs. 

I sure hope I wrong.  But my patience with this season and Love are wearing thin.

44 minutes ago, rabaak said:

Sorry to be a Debbie downer. But to me, this not encouraging at all. He does back to back practices and it hurts again. 

I just don't think that Love is going to stay on the court this year with him rehabilitating since the end of Dec and he still his being treated for soreness after pregame workouts.

And if he does play, they probably will have him on a 10-15 minutes restriction for games, no back to backs. 

I sure hope I wrong.  But my patience with this season and Love are wearing thin.

Lmao 10-15 minute restriction indefinitely? 

I want whatever drugs you're taking. 

• Haha 2
2 hours ago, rabaak said:

Where does it say that he re-aggravated the injury?

There is no way he plays 10-15 mins ROS. That's ludicrous

9 hours ago, j3rkthenurk said:

Where does it say that he re-aggravated the injury?

It did not explicitly say he re-aggravated the injury. But these lines from the article do not indicate that all is well:

A source labeled it one of Love’s “best pregame workouts” even though he ended it a bit early because of a minor cramp in his lower leg.

If you have to end a workout early, that is hardly a positive step in his recovery. There also was this indication that there were more issues last weekend:

Love was able to take part in back-to-back practices last week. But following the second one, Love felt soreness in his calf, sources say, which led to him sitting out the team portion of practice last Saturday.

While sources stopped short of calling that a “setback” because he wasn’t shut down completely, that flareup has played a role in Love being relegated to individual workouts. It’s also part of the reason behind this overly cautious post-break timeline.

It has been since Dec 27th that he has been recovering.  He was suppposed to comeback in Feb. See anything in those statements above that might give a clue that putting him back on the court comes with a lot of risk of him re-aggravating the injury?   Under these circumstances, how many minutes do you think they are going to let him play if he does get back on the court?

I Know I'm painting a pessimistic view of the situation. But I see a lot of red flags in his recovery and I'm kicking my self for being so patient . Who knew that a calf injury would be so tough to recover from in 2 months+.

Edited by rabaak
38 minutes ago, rabaak said:

It did not explicitly say he re-aggravated the injury. But these lines from the article do not indicate that all is well:

A source labeled it one of Love’s “best pregame workouts” even though he ended it a bit early because of a minor cramp in his lower leg.

If you have to end a workout early, that is hardly a positive step in his recovery. There also was this indication that there were more issues last weekend:

Love was able to take part in back-to-back practices last week. But following the second one, Love felt soreness in his calf, sources say, which led to him sitting out the team portion of practice last Saturday.

While sources stopped short of calling that a “setback” because he wasn’t shut down completely, that flareup has played a role in Love being relegated to individual workouts. It’s also part of the reason behind this overly cautious post-break timeline.

It has been since Dec 27th that he has been recovering.  He was suppposed to comeback in Feb. See anything in those statements above that might give a clue that putting him back on the court comes with a lot of risk of him re-aggravating the injury?   Under these circumstances, how many minutes do you think they are going to let him play if he does get back on the court?

I Know I'm painting a pessimistic view of the situation. But I see a lot of red flags in his recovery and I'm kicking my self for being so patient . Who knew that a calf injury would be so tough to recover from in 2 months+.

They also said its more of a mental issue right now regarding the injury. Teams are always secretive and I expect him back with Nance first or second game back

• Like 1
1 minute ago, DonutGiveUp said:

They also said its more of a mental issue right now regarding the injury. Teams are always secretive and I expect him back with Nance first or second game back

Mental issues come in when you don't know if you can't trust your body to be able to push harder without a setback.

22 minutes ago, rabaak said:

Mental issues come in when you don't know if you can't trust your body to be able to push harder without a setback.

For sure all the injuries taking a toll but he has to figure it out injuries are part of the game

41 minutes ago, rabaak said:

His mental psych should be strong already from all his frequent injuries 

Also keep in mind for those worried about his minutes.

The Cavs still can make the playoffs via play in.  Because 7 vs 8 and 9 vs 10. So technically they can finish 10th and still make the playoffs.

• Like 2
57 minutes ago, ez2do4now said:

His mental psych should be strong already from all his frequent injuries 

He struggles with mental health i feel for the guy the injuries are not helping but hey he got engaged recently and Cavs are finally competitive so motivation should be there!

• Like 1

Per Chris Fedor of Cleveland.com, the Dallas Mavericks feel Love would fix the problems they have had with three-point shooting and defensive rebounding:

"A source with knowledge of the Mavericks' thinking suggested Kevin Love as a much better fit [than Andre Drummond] given the team's 3-point woes and desire to surround MVP candidate Luka Doncic with shooters. Love would also help boost Dallas' problematic defensive rebounding metrics. Still, the Mavericks have two appealing expiring contracts—Tim Hardaway Jr. ($18 million) and James Johnson ($16 million)—that would help facilitate a deal."

• Like 1
12 minutes ago, DonutGiveUp said:

Per Chris Fedor of Cleveland.com, the Dallas Mavericks feel Love would fix the problems they have had with three-point shooting and defensive rebounding:

"A source with knowledge of the Mavericks' thinking suggested Kevin Love as a much better fit [than Andre Drummond] given the team's 3-point woes and desire to surround MVP candidate Luka Doncic with shooters. Love would also help boost Dallas' problematic defensive rebounding metrics. Still, the Mavericks have two appealing expiring contracts—Tim Hardaway Jr. ($18 million) and James Johnson ($16 million)—that would help facilitate a deal."

Man Love with Luka facilitating is unfair 

45 minutes ago, DonutGiveUp said:

Unfortunately this is a Cavs writer trying to drum up value for Love, as opposed to a true trade being discussed by the Mavs.

Would've been a great landing spot for Love though. And great for my LNJ 😎

16 hours ago, RedDogNamedClippers said:

The Cavs still can make the playoffs via play in.  Because 7 vs 8 and 9 vs 10. So technically they can finish 10th and still make the playoffs.

Hold on. I thought that was for last season because of the games cut down and the bubble. They are making it a permanent thing now? 

Lmfao. That is ridiculous. They make the NBA regular season a bigger joke than it already has been. 

• Like 2
8 hours ago, ginocan said:

Hold on. I thought that was for last season because of the games cut down and the bubble. They are making it a permanent thing now? 

Lmfao. That is ridiculous. They make the NBA regular season a bigger joke than it already has been. 

it’s still in test phase

as u can see, we’re still not in 82 game regular season mode

1 hour ago, BykeINIT said:

it’s still in test phase

as u can see, we’re still not in 82 game regular season mode

72 games still is already a crapload of games to determine playoffs eligibility. 

10 hours ago, ginocan said:

No it’s not, its the best thing the nba has done lately. Hope they keep it going forward.

On 3/6/2021 at 11:28 AM, RedDogNamedClippers said:

If the Cav's were seriously trying to make the playoffs wouldn't they be playing Drummond now?  They are not going to get anything for him in a trade.  To make the playoffs playing Drummond makes sense with Nance and Love out injured.  The Cav's really don't care if they make the playoffs and they don't care if they play Love either.